REAL WORLD EVENT DISCUSSIONS

In the garden, and RAIN!!!!

POSTED BY: SIGNYM
UPDATED: Friday, July 19, 2019 10:00
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 78076
PAGE 27 of 44

Saturday, February 9, 2019 4:09 PM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
There is an a medication which is EXCELLENT for nerve-sourced pain, here called Lyrica. It was originally developed as an anti-convulsant. It's great for pain from nerve damage (diabetic neuropathy, shingles, piched nerves) with very few side effects. Also, there is a nerve-pain syndrome which occurs when pain signals are constantly sent thru a nerve, which causes the "pain" nerves to grow and the "pain" receptors to multiply, so that even when the original source of pain is removed (the broken bone heals, the pinched nerve is relieved) the pain continues on its own. Lyrica is great for that too: I had a terrible pinched nerve and kiped some of hubby's Lyrica and I have to say it brought me blessed relief until physical therapy and a change is prescription glasses helped fix the problem. (altho I still have spinal arthritis)

ALL of the NSAIDs reduce kidney function and long-term use is associated with kidney failure and cardiac "events", so try to use those sparingly.

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

"The messy American environment, where most people don't agree, is perfect for people like me. I CAN DO AS I PLEASE." - SECOND

America is an oligarchy http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?tid=57876 .



Chiropactor recommended exercises for my left leg and I think I will try them out for my right leg. The exercises helped the left.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 9, 2019 4:10 PM

BRENDA


Finally got rid of something that kept popping up on my computer. Yay!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 9, 2019 5:53 PM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them.


Quote:


There is an a medication which is EXCELLENT for nerve-sourced pain, here called Lyrica. It was originally developed as an anti-convulsant. It's great for pain from nerve damage (diabetic neuropathy, shingles, piched nerves) with very few side effects. Also, there is a nerve-pain syndrome which occurs when pain signals are constantly sent thru a nerve, which causes the "pain" nerves to grow and the "pain" receptors to multiply, so that even when the original source of pain is removed (the broken bone heals, the pinched nerve is relieved) the pain continues on its own. Lyrica is great for that too: I had a terrible pinched nerve and kiped some of hubby's Lyrica and I have to say it brought me blessed relief until physical therapy and a change is prescription glasses helped fix the problem. (altho I still have spinal arthritis)

ALL of the NSAIDs reduce kidney function and long-term use is associated with kidney failure and cardiac "events", so try to use those sparingly. SIGNY

Chiropactor recommended exercises for my left leg and I think I will try them out for my right leg. The exercises helped the left.

That's the best kind of fix, I hope it works for you! My Dr was so horrified by my spinal MRI that she wanted me to get surgery. I know in some cases surgery is an absolute necessity, but as long as I can keep the pain away with better posture and exercise that's what I'll continue to do.
:)

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

"The messy American environment, where most people don't agree, is perfect for people like me. I CAN DO AS I PLEASE." - SECOND

America is an oligarchy http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?tid=57876 .

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 9, 2019 6:29 PM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
Quote:


There is an a medication which is EXCELLENT for nerve-sourced pain, here called Lyrica. It was originally developed as an anti-convulsant. It's great for pain from nerve damage (diabetic neuropathy, shingles, piched nerves) with very few side effects. Also, there is a nerve-pain syndrome which occurs when pain signals are constantly sent thru a nerve, which causes the "pain" nerves to grow and the "pain" receptors to multiply, so that even when the original source of pain is removed (the broken bone heals, the pinched nerve is relieved) the pain continues on its own. Lyrica is great for that too: I had a terrible pinched nerve and kiped some of hubby's Lyrica and I have to say it brought me blessed relief until physical therapy and a change is prescription glasses helped fix the problem. (altho I still have spinal arthritis)

ALL of the NSAIDs reduce kidney function and long-term use is associated with kidney failure and cardiac "events", so try to use those sparingly. SIGNY

Chiropactor recommended exercises for my left leg and I think I will try them out for my right leg. The exercises helped the left.

That's the best kind of fix, I hope it works for you! My Dr was so horrified by my spinal MRI that she wanted me to get surgery. I know in some cases surgery is an absolute necessity, but as long as I can keep the pain away with better posture and exercise that's what I'll continue to do.
:)

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

"The messy American environment, where most people don't agree, is perfect for people like me. I CAN DO AS I PLEASE." - SECOND

America is an oligarchy http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?tid=57876 .



That's basically my feeling too Sig. If I can do things through my chiropractor and exercise, I will instead of swallowing more medication.

Already did a bit of them in my chair sitting in front of my computer. I'll do the rest later or before I go to bed.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 10, 2019 2:21 PM

BRENDA


Hope there is a little hot water for me.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 10, 2019 4:34 PM

BRENDA


Snow has arrived and now I just have to see if it stays.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 10, 2019 8:38 PM

BRENDA


Someone is shovelling. I hope my landlady or her husband will shovel before I go out tomorrow.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 11, 2019 3:10 AM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them.


I read that Seattle is getting slammed with three winter storms in a row, including significant snowfall, so I guess you're getting the same weather system up there Brenda! I was hoping that when I looked at Vancouver forecast there would be relief in the near future, but it looks like your daytime highs will be above freezing but your nighttime lows... not so much!

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/ca/vancouver?cm_ven=localwx_10da
y


As for us ... it looks like we'll also be in the track of winter storms for the foreseeable future. For us here in the flatlands of SoCal that means rain. The next storm, due Wed/Thu, looks to hit all of CA at the same time, so for the Sierras that means snowpack.


-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

"The messy American environment, where most people don't agree, is perfect for people like me. I CAN DO AS I PLEASE." - SECOND

America is an oligarchy http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?tid=57876 .

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 11, 2019 3:21 AM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
I read that Seattle is getting slammed with three winter storms in a row, including significant snowfall, so I guess you're getting the same weather system up there Brenda! I was hoping that when I looked at Vancouver forecast there would be relief in the near future, but it looks like your daytime highs will be above freezing but your nighttime lows... not so much!

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/ca/vancouver?cm_ven=localwx_10da
y


As for us ... it looks like we'll also be in the track of winter storms for the foreseeable future. For us here in the flatlands of SoCal that means rain. The next storm, due Wed/Thu, looks to hit all of CA at the same time, so for the Sierras that means snowpack.


-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

"The messy American environment, where most people don't agree, is perfect for people like me. I CAN DO AS I PLEASE." - SECOND

America is an oligarchy http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?tid=57876 .



I have no doubt that if we are getting this snow then Seattle is. The weather site I go to said the samething. Lots of snow and cold for the next bit. Just makes my getting around and things done harder.

The only good thing about all this snow is the snowpack will be good for the summer. Ski hills will be busy too.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 11, 2019 4:05 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


Sorry to hear about your weather. :(

It finally seems to have stabilized with some reasonable temps around these parts. Slightly cool for the season, but not much. A lot of days snowing in the forecast, but mostly incidental if it doesn't keep piling up before we get a warm enough day to melt it all.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 11, 2019 10:24 AM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them.


Quote:

The only good thing about all this snow is the snowpack will be good for the summer.- Brenda
Maybe fewer fires? One can only hope!

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

"The messy American environment, where most people don't agree, is perfect for people like me. I CAN DO AS I PLEASE." - SECOND

America is an oligarchy http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?tid=57876 .

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 11, 2019 12:35 PM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Sorry to hear about your weather. :(

It finally seems to have stabilized with some reasonable temps around these parts. Slightly cool for the season, but not much. A lot of days snowing in the forecast, but mostly incidental if it doesn't keep piling up before we get a warm enough day to melt it all.

Do Right, Be Right. :)



Guess we got too cocky up here and Mother Nature decided to put us in our place.

Just makes matters difficult for me as there is nothing shovelled around where I have to walk and I am out in a bit.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 11, 2019 12:36 PM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
Quote:

The only good thing about all this snow is the snowpack will be good for the summer.- Brenda
Maybe fewer fires? One can only hope!

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

"The messy American environment, where most people don't agree, is perfect for people like me. I CAN DO AS I PLEASE." - SECOND

America is an oligarchy http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?tid=57876 .



That would be nice this year.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 11, 2019 10:50 PM

BRENDA


Well, everything was cleared when I got back today. Aaaaamazing. Must have heard me.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 2:08 AM

BRENDA


Got more snow today. Tired of it and when I got back nothing was cleared or when I left.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 8:39 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


Driving was pretty scary on the way to work and almost as bad on the way back. Had 3 call offs last night. That kind of surprised me. I didn't think it was nearly as bad as a few nights earlier this winter when we didn't have any call offs.

I'm assuming at this point that the winter is starting to beat people down. Hope it starts warming up soon.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 5:15 PM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Driving was pretty scary on the way to work and almost as bad on the way back. Had 3 call offs last night. That kind of surprised me. I didn't think it was nearly as bad as a few nights earlier this winter when we didn't have any call offs.

I'm assuming at this point that the winter is starting to beat people down. Hope it starts warming up soon.

Do Right, Be Right. :)



It probably is. Know it is me.

I saw a car skid part way down a hill early yesterday evening when I was coming back from a late mah jong game. That concerned me.

Though today, Wednesday the sun is out and the snow is melting a little bit. Watched a glob slide off the roof of the house where I am renting.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, February 14, 2019 9:52 PM

BRENDA


I would like a new back and a new left knee.

Also for it to STOP snowing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, February 15, 2019 8:03 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


When you visit the body parts store, let me know if they still have any jawbones in stock.

Hang in there Brenda. Winter's almost over. :)

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, February 15, 2019 8:19 AM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them.


Yeah, how about a new spine and right shoulder and knee? And while I'm making a shopping list ... new sinuses, eyes, and immune system?

Well, a girl can dream, can't she?

:-)

*****

We are officially one inch over the average rainfall. Yay! The storm that passed thru dropped an impressive three-plus inches of rain over two days at our house, according to my unofficial rain gage. There was enough rainfall to finally make it past the last dam on the San Gabriel River, because up until this last storm the engineers had managed to capture all of the storm water upstream throughout the whole winter. And, we still have about four weeks left in a typical rainy season, so there's a possibility that we might exceed the average rainfall by substantially more than one inch (altho Mother Nature seems to have moved the storm track to our east for the foreseeable future.)

I guess my prediction came true, after all!


*****

Back-east, sis's predicted 8" of snow turned into 5'. Jeez. Yanno, it seems like this might be the one year that there is no "drought" on the UNLV drought monitor. If that's true, that would be unheard-of. I'm going over there to check it out!

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/

Ok, the fickle finger of fate seems to have selected Oregon, of all places, to be our drought-standard bearer. Also, STILL a big blob of drought out by Four Corners and in So Cal, but this map does not take into account this latest storm, which I expect will have changed the CA drought status considerably and also brushed by Four Corners and prolly reduced that somewhat too. Next week.



-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

"The messy American environment, where most people don't agree, is perfect for people like me. I CAN DO AS I PLEASE." - SECOND

America is an oligarchy http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?tid=57876 .

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, February 15, 2019 12:37 PM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
When you visit the body parts store, let me know if they still have any jawbones in stock.

Hang in there Brenda. Winter's almost over. :)

Do Right, Be Right. :)



I'll also check out their teeth selection. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, February 15, 2019 12:39 PM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
Yeah, how about a new spine and right shoulder and knee? And while I'm making a shopping list ... new sinuses, eyes, and immune system?

Well, a girl can dream, can't she?

:-)

*****

We are officially one inch over the average rainfall. Yay! The storm that passed thru dropped an impressive three-plus inches of rain over two days at our house, according to my unofficial rain gage. There was enough rainfall to finally make it past the last dam on the San Gabriel River, because up until this last storm the engineers had managed to capture all of the storm water upstream throughout the whole winter. And, we still have about four weeks left in a typical rainy season, so there's a possibility that we might exceed the average rainfall by substantially more than one inch (altho Mother Nature seems to have moved the storm track to our east for the foreseeable future.)

I guess my prediction came true, after all!


*****

Back-east, sis's predicted 8" of snow turned into 5'. Jeez. Yanno, it seems like this might be the one year that there is no "drought" on the UNLV drought monitor. If that's true, that would be unheard-of. I'm going over there to check it out!

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/

Ok, the fickle finger of fate seems to have selected Oregon, of all places, to be our drought-standard bearer. Also, STILL a big blob of drought out by Four Corners and in So Cal, but this map does not take into account this latest storm, which I expect will have changed the CA drought status considerably and also brushed by Four Corners and prolly reduced that somewhat too. Next week.



-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

"The messy American environment, where most people don't agree, is perfect for people like me. I CAN DO AS I PLEASE." - SECOND

America is an oligarchy http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?tid=57876 .



I'll add new shoulders to my list as well and new ears. :)

Glad you are getting more rain. Could use some up here. Yesterday when I was at work it couldn't make up its mind if it was going to rain or snow. Settled on a bit more snow by about 4pm.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, February 15, 2019 5:04 PM

BRENDA


The rain has come so some of this ratty snow will go away. But still too much around for me to get too much done.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, February 15, 2019 8:16 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


Yes. Ears would be good too if you find them. Between working in a server room for years, working with forklift alarms blaring all night now, and driving around with ridiculous bass in my car for around 5 years in my late teens and early 20's, me don't hear so good these days.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, February 15, 2019 11:05 PM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Yes. Ears would be good too if you find them. Between working in a server room for years, working with forklift alarms blaring all night now, and driving around with ridiculous bass in my car for around 5 years in my late teens and early 20's, me don't hear so good these days.

Do Right, Be Right. :)



Gotcha.

I've had ear problems since I was a child and that has probably contributed to the fact that now I have to wear hearing aids.

I'll also add new hands to my list. Went to do something when I got back from work yesterday(Thursday) and my right hand didn't want to cooperate.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 16, 2019 7:55 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


Funny you should mention that...

I had another "incident" tonight where I was throwing soda on top of another pallet and I lost my grip in a weird way and ended up gouging the back of one of my fingers when it pinched them on the other cans when it came crashing down.

Granted, I haven't been sleeping well the last few days so I'm fueled mostly on coffee and nicotine ATM, but stuff like that has happened a little more frequently than I'd like to see. I'm usually not a clumsy person and my moves are very precise.

My mom struggles with MS and would no doubt have been wheelchair bound years ago if it wasn't for some amazing experimental drugs. When these things happen I wonder if I might have it too. She had it for decades before being diagnosed.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 16, 2019 8:07 AM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them.


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Funny you should mention that...

I had another "incident" tonight where I was throwing soda on top of another pallet and I lost my grip in a weird way and ended up gouging the back of one of my fingers when it pinched them on the other cans when it came crashing down.

Granted, I haven't been sleeping well the last few days so I'm fueled mostly on coffee and nicotine ATM, but stuff like that has happened a little more frequently than I'd like to see. I'm usually not a clumsy person and my moves are very precise.

My mom struggles with MS and would no doubt have been wheelchair bound years ago if it wasn't for some amazing experimental drugs. When these things happen I wonder if I might have it too. She had it for decades before being diagnosed.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

This first symptom of MS is usually random shock-like pains, or at least that's what the internet says. If you want to think about the worst-case which affects motion, try Parkinson's disease. But most likely you have a problem with your ligaments/tendons on your hand/wrist: Swollen tendons in your wrist can pinch the nerves running to your hand and cause temporary numbness and/or loss of function.

Like anything else I would collect data: What, exactly, is going on? Is it pain? Loss of motor control? Numbness? 2 of 3 or all of the above? How often does this happen? Is it getting worse with time? What makes it worse? (For example, do many days at work seem to precipitate this problem? Or does it happen after some other prolonged activity?) Have you tried anything to solve it? If so, what works? Rest? Ice? Heat? Gentle exercise? NSAID? Something else?

I think once you've defined the scope of the problem, if it's something you want to take up with your doctor you'll have lots and lots of good info to provide!

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

"The messy American environment, where most people don't agree, is perfect for people like me. I CAN DO AS I PLEASE." - SECOND

America is an oligarchy http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?tid=57876 .

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 16, 2019 8:08 AM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them.


Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
The rain has come so some of this ratty snow will go away. But still too much around for me to get too much done.

Say it with me Brenda:
Snow, snow go away! Don't come again another day!

I hope the snow melts for you very, very quickly!

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

"The messy American environment, where most people don't agree, is perfect for people like me. I CAN DO AS I PLEASE." - SECOND

America is an oligarchy http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?tid=57876 .

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 16, 2019 6:58 PM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Funny you should mention that...

I had another "incident" tonight where I was throwing soda on top of another pallet and I lost my grip in a weird way and ended up gouging the back of one of my fingers when it pinched them on the other cans when it came crashing down.

Granted, I haven't been sleeping well the last few days so I'm fueled mostly on coffee and nicotine ATM, but stuff like that has happened a little more frequently than I'd like to see. I'm usually not a clumsy person and my moves are very precise.

My mom struggles with MS and would no doubt have been wheelchair bound years ago if it wasn't for some amazing experimental drugs. When these things happen I wonder if I might have it too. She had it for decades before being diagnosed.

Do Right, Be Right. :)



I cut through a fingernail on Thursday at work. Think I was slicing mushrooms when it happened. And I've done something similar when trying to cut up these huge sweet potatoes the lady that I work likes me to cook.

My mom it was arthritis. That's my worry. It also runs on my dad's side. His mother had it bad for a number of years before she died. It never hit any of my aunts, uncles or my dad but it is taking a toll on the grandchildren.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 16, 2019 7:00 PM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
Quote:

Originally posted by Brenda:
The rain has come so some of this ratty snow will go away. But still too much around for me to get too much done.

Say it with me Brenda:
Snow, snow go away! Don't come again another day!

I hope the snow melts for you very, very quickly!

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

"The messy American environment, where most people don't agree, is perfect for people like me. I CAN DO AS I PLEASE." - SECOND

America is an oligarchy http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?tid=57876 .



I've been saying that from the get-go. Hasn't helped too much.

Managed to get garbage out today because a lot of it is gone on the sidewalks. But it uncovered a grizzly thing on the road. Dead rat which was squishified then covered by the ice and snow.

But still too dangerous and awkward to get out to do my laundry at the laundrymat.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 16, 2019 8:22 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
This first symptom of MS is usually random shock-like pains, or at least that's what the internet says. If you want to think about the worst-case which affects motion, try Parkinson's disease. But most likely you have a problem with your ligaments/tendons on your hand/wrist: Swollen tendons in your wrist can pinch the nerves running to your hand and cause temporary numbness and/or loss of function.

Like anything else I would collect data: What, exactly, is going on? Is it pain? Loss of motor control? Numbness? 2 of 3 or all of the above? How often does this happen? Is it getting worse with time? What makes it worse? (For example, do many days at work seem to precipitate this problem? Or does it happen after some other prolonged activity?) Have you tried anything to solve it? If so, what works? Rest? Ice? Heat? Gentle exercise? NSAID? Something else?

I think once you've defined the scope of the problem, if it's something you want to take up with your doctor you'll have lots and lots of good info to provide!



I'm probably just blowing things out of proportion when I think that way. It's not an inhereted disease. But they really don't know what causes it either. I've got more in common with her, behaviorally speaking, than I'd care to admit. Her eating disorder was not that far removed from my binge drinking. She smoked until around 45 years old. Then again, she used to tan out in the sun so much she's had quite a bit of skin cancer. I on the other hand have not seen much sun except for yard work in the last 10-15 years and I hardly have any moles.


I think I'll start writing down when this happens and what I was doing. It doesn't happen that frequently, and if memory serves it only happens at work for the most part. I got some great sleep today, but the last three nights I was only getting 3 to 5 hours between shifts (insomnia). I drink a lot of coffee and I smoke. I probably move a few thousand products in a night.

I was probably just mentally or physically close to exhaustion and made a mistake.

It doesn't have to be something heavy when it happens though. We've got hand held computers we use on the job. Sometimes I just drop it for no reason.

It's never caused because of pain. I don't remember ever attributing it to numbness either. It seems like a simple loss of motor control. Sometimes though I do feel numbness in different areas of my body (unrelated). That was a thing that happened to my mom years before she was diagnosed.

Hopefully it's nothing.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 17, 2019 3:00 PM

BRENDA


Seems every grocery store around me is out of stock of the brand of rice milk I have been using. Only things left on the shelves have that idiot additive in them.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 17, 2019 8:26 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


Idiot additive?

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 17, 2019 8:48 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


This is the winter that never ends...............

The two week forecast is still showing days in the high twenties and lows in the teens all the way up until the 3rd of March.

WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE MID 40'S BY THEN!!!!!!!


ugggggg.

I get my power bill in around 5 days. I'm terrified. (Not really, but I know I will be handily breaking a record that I have no interest in breaking).

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 17, 2019 9:20 PM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them.


Best beef stew ever ... and my secret ingredient is 1/3 bottle of white wine (not 1/3 cup, 1/3 bottle - I kid you not- of cheap sauvignon blanc)
I don't make beef stew very often as I'm technically allergic to beef and potatoes) but here it is

2 lbs trip tip or chuck, trimmed and cubed
3 T oil
3 c sliced onion
3 c sliced carrots
3 c sliced celery
6 c cut-up potatoes
1/3 bottle white wine
3 c wedged turnips (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
3 T or more fresh parsley

The trick is to brown the meat well in your stew pot, then set aside in a bowl and carmelize your onions until nicely soft and browned - browning adds flavor. Put the meat bck in with the oinions, add about half of the wine, cover and cook until the meat is almost fork-tender. Add carrots and celery and the rest of the wine, cook until the carrots are done, then add potatoes and turnips and cook until tender. Salt and pepper to tast, spinkle with fresh chopped parsely. This has turned into a vegetable-rich family favorite.


-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

"The messy American environment, where most people don't agree, is perfect for people like me. I CAN DO AS I PLEASE." - SECOND

America is an oligarchy http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?tid=57876 .

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 17, 2019 9:43 PM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Idiot additive?

Do Right, Be Right. :)



Sorry Jack. The idiot additive I am referring to is Vitamin A Palmitate. I can't tolerate it. It makes me feel sick.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 18, 2019 8:37 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


It's Friday!!!! Well, at least it's Friday for me.



This video was a lot funnier years back when they didn't ruin the joke in the title. I'm assuming Dylan's lawyers didn't think it was very funny.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 18, 2019 8:38 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


Any non-wine version of that, Sigs? Sounds good. :)

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 18, 2019 12:28 PM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them.


I forgot to add: instead of turnips, which are strongly flavored, you can add peas instead. I just use turnips because I try not to eat large amounts of potatoes.

It wouldn't be quite the same thing, but you can add a little soy sauce (which gives it a fermented flavor) and sugar (which adds a little sweetness). Not sure how much since I haven't used them in this recipe but would try maybe 2 tablespoons of soy and 1 tablespoon of sugar, early in the cooking process.



-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

"The messy American environment, where most people don't agree, is perfect for people like me. I CAN DO AS I PLEASE." - SECOND

America is an oligarchy http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?tid=57876 .

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 18, 2019 12:45 PM

BRENDA


I hate winter coughs. This one is also combined with dust that I have been inhaling in various places. Ugh!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 18, 2019 12:45 PM

BRENDA


Out for a walk in a bit.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 18, 2019 11:02 PM

BRENDA


Boatload of gas from upstairs. Idiots messing with their grill in this weather. Hope they catch pneumonia.

I'm cold and still coughing while dealing with my allergies as well.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 3:22 AM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them.


How long has that cough been going on?

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

"The messy American environment, where most people don't agree, is perfect for people like me. I CAN DO AS I PLEASE." - SECOND

America is an oligarchy http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?tid=57876 .

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 11:36 AM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
How long has that cough been going on?

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

"The messy American environment, where most people don't agree, is perfect for people like me. I CAN DO AS I PLEASE." - SECOND

America is an oligarchy http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?tid=57876 .



Just a couple of days. I've been sucking down cough drops and it is almost gone now. Haven't coughed since I've been up this morning.

I was much worse 2 winters ago living in this place.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 11:25 PM

BRENDA


More snow today. So tomorrow I will be going out walking up the hill through snow which will not have been shovelled.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, February 21, 2019 3:26 AM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them.


Have you been getting an unusual amount of snow lately? Seems like everyone else has!

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

"The messy American environment, where most people don't agree, is perfect for people like me. I CAN DO AS I PLEASE." - SECOND

America is an oligarchy http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?tid=57876 .

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, February 21, 2019 11:37 AM

BRENDA


Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
Have you been getting an unusual amount of snow lately? Seems like everyone else has!

-----------
Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake

"The messy American environment, where most people don't agree, is perfect for people like me. I CAN DO AS I PLEASE." - SECOND

America is an oligarchy http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?tid=57876 .



Yes, we have and more is on the way for tomorrow. I just hope it doesn't show up.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, February 21, 2019 12:40 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


I can't figure out how to check the current year's snowfall of my area in relation to the average.


I know it seems like we've gotten a lot, but we never really got hit super hard. I can think of a few times in my life where I've seen 2 feet in just a day or two. We might not have even seen 2 feet all winter yet.

It just seems like a longer and shittier winter than most of them, I think, because of how damn cold it got down to for a while there pretty early on and the fact that it's still not up around the average temp for this time of year, and doesn't look like it will ever get that high during the 15 day forecast.

Here's hoping the second week of March starts looking better.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, February 22, 2019 12:59 PM

BRENDA


I hate snow. So much for getting my laundry done today. Freakin' snowed over night and still bloody snowing.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, February 22, 2019 4:33 PM

BRENDA


Got back from a walk and now it is attempting to clear up. Ugh!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE
6ixStringJack 07.19 00:05
6ixStringJack 07.19 00:22
6ixStringJack 07.19 01:50
1kiki 07.19 04:00
6ixStringJack 07.19 09:18
6ixStringJack 07.19 10:00

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
The truth: It's too late. We will go extinct, very soon. Enjoy the time you have left.
Fri, July 19, 2019 12:32 - 483 posts
Can you prioritize?
Fri, July 19, 2019 12:12 - 52 posts
A thread for Democrats Only
Fri, July 19, 2019 11:43 - 2559 posts
In the garden, and RAIN!!!!
Fri, July 19, 2019 10:00 - 2347 posts
The 4-Squad Ultra-Racist Anti-American Unpatriotic Bimbos.
Fri, July 19, 2019 00:31 - 7 posts
The Recipe Thread
Thu, July 18, 2019 20:09 - 43 posts
Countdown Clock to Trumps impeachment " STARTS"
Thu, July 18, 2019 19:59 - 2796 posts
Mueller Investagation Is Over
Thu, July 18, 2019 19:58 - 886 posts
House Impeachment Effort Goes Down In Flames
Thu, July 18, 2019 19:43 - 4 posts
Dow @ 20K. Time to jump off!
Thu, July 18, 2019 19:43 - 917 posts
The Unemployment Rate Facts
Thu, July 18, 2019 19:36 - 372 posts
Happy 50th Anniversary!!
Thu, July 18, 2019 19:31 - 1 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL