REAL WORLD EVENT DISCUSSIONS

Ukraine Recommits To NATO

POSTED BY: THGRRI
UPDATED: Monday, July 17, 2017 10:03
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 386
PAGE 1 of 1

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 6:34 PM

THGRRI

May the Good Lord take a liking to you... but not too soon!



Ukraine Recommits To NATO Membership Over Moscow's Objections

Ukraine is set to begin talks with NATO about eventual membership in the western alliance – a move that has long raised the ire of Russia.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/07/10/536450855/ukraine-re
commits-to-nato-membership-over-moscows-objections



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 7:22 PM

1KIKI

Goodbye, kind world (George Monbiot) - In common with all those generations which have contemplated catastrophe, we appear to be incapable of understanding what confronts us.


As I've noted in several posts already, the President doesn't appear to be running foreign policy. Instead, it appears that an unelected and unaccountable group of people - the Deep State - is continuing its policies that it had previously implemented and administered using Hillary Clinton.




Goodbye, kind world (George Monbiot) - In common with all those generations which have contemplated catastrophe, we appear to be incapable of understanding what confronts us.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 7:49 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Quote:

Originally posted by 1kiki:
As I've noted in several posts already, the President doesn't appear to be running foreign policy. Instead, it appears that an unelected and unaccountable group of people - the Deep State - is continuing its policies that it had previously implemented and administered using Hillary Clinton.




Is this suppose to be gibberish, or are you trolling those who claim Trump is Putin's puppet ?

I honestly can't tell.


Ukraine recommitting to NATO would clearly run counter to the Putin / Trump back room buddies theory.


NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 7:59 PM

THGRRI

May the Good Lord take a liking to you... but not too soon!


Wow, both of you think its America's decision what Ukraine does. Ukraine is in Europe and so is most of NATO. Try again, lets say it together. The Ukraine recommits to NATO. Not to America.






NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 7:09 AM

G

... fully loaded, safety off...


Quote:

Originally posted by 1kiki:
As I've noted in several posts already, the President doesn't appear to be running foreign policy. Instead, it appears that an unelected and unaccountable group of people - the Deep State - is continuing its policies that it had previously implemented and administered using Hillary Clinton.



Does that mean we're headed for WWIII no matter who's president??

==============================

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 2:40 PM

THGRRI

May the Good Lord take a liking to you... but not too soon!


Why Russia Is Concerned About Ukraine Joining NATO

Russia is worried about the development probably because if Ukraine in inducted into NATO, it would be a strategic setback for the country. The move would cut off Russia from the Black Sea and the Mediterranean and it would lose control over Crimea. Russian President Vladimir Putin earlier said Ukraine’s accession to NATO would be intolerable. The Russian president also plans to build a Eurasian Union (EEU) on the lines of the European Union.

http://www.ibtimes.com/why-russia-concerned-about-ukraine-joining-nato
-2564554







NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 4:10 PM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them. Pity would be no more, If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake


This will probably be a case of unrequited love, only a little more likely than Turkey joining the EU.

Ukraine has been pining to join NATO for 20 years, but their equipment, level of preparedness, honest administration, and ability to meet financial obligations falls far short of requirements.

-----------

"Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor"- William Blake

THUGR, JONESING FOR WWIII
All those guns 1kiki, are pointed towards your beloved Russia. All those cyber capabilities, pointed right at Russia. Thanks Putin, and get ready to duck.
I'll accept your apology any time, THUGR. But I know you're not man enough to give me one


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 4:40 PM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
This will probably be a case of unrequited love, only a little more likely than Turkey joining the EU.

Oddly enough, Turkey is in NATO since 1952, although it can’t get into the EU because Trump’s friend and Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is an autocrat that the EU can’t trust since 2001 and especially not since 2017 when Erdogan rewrote the Constitution to put himself into power for life. Which all goes to show how one President can screw over his entire country . . . of Turkey.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_constitutional_referendum,_2017

The Spokesman for European Commission President, Jean-Claude Juncker, expressed concerns over allegations of irregularities in the referendum and called on Turkish civil authorities to launch transparent investigations into the claims. Austrian Foreign Minister Sebastian Kurz expressed his opposition to Turkey's accession to the European Union.

President Donald Trump called the Turkish President to congratulate him on the victory.

President Vladimir Putin called the Turkish President to extend congratulations on behalf of the Russian people.

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 5:25 PM

6STRINGJOKER


I think I might be done posting here.

This place is just about dead, and what's left of it has become some demented InfoWars-VS-HuffPo hybrid.

There is no debate. No rational thinking. Just extreme partisanship and constant insults. There isn't even any comedy attempted behind the insults anymore. Every one is straight for the jugular.


At least when people like DT were still posting here there was a little bit of rational non-partisan thinking going on and a little levity sprinkled in with it.



It's apparent that everyone here knows they're not going to change anybody else's minds about anything, so they don't even try anymore.

When your every post starts off with an insult to the person you are addressing, you've already said that you have no desire to change a mind. You're just posting whatever makes you feel good.

I think the biggest problem faced here is that there just aren't enough of us left. With less than a dozen regular posters left here, everything becomes personal.


I've said for about a decade the RWED brings out the worst in people. It just feels gross now when there's so little to do, and so few people to talk to in here anymore.

What's the point of coming back here when I know that I'm going to have personal insults from 2 or 3 people waiting for me, and I'm just going to feel shitty when I leave?


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 5:52 PM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them. Pity would be no more, If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake


SIX, I would miss your posts. You state your opinion in a down-to-earth way; I "get" what you're saying.

But I agree that this forum has become completely polarized, and too many posts are just trolling and personal insults. I try not to, but frankly, I get tired of being insulted nearly 100% of the time, and I often respond in kind.


FWIW, I use this forum as a means to "think out loud". I was hoping that other posters would think along with me, on topics such as "efficiency versus robustness" and "what are the interests of the United States" but it seems not to be the case. Still, I will continue to "think out loud" here, with or without participation.


-----------

"Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor"- William Blake

THUGR, JONESING FOR WWIII
All those guns 1kiki, are pointed towards your beloved Russia. All those cyber capabilities, pointed right at Russia. Thanks Putin, and get ready to duck.
I'll accept your apology any time, THUGR. But I know you're not man enough to give me one


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 7:58 PM

RIVERLOVE


Quote:

Originally posted by 6stringJoker:
I think I might be done posting here.

This place is just about dead, and what's left of it has become some demented InfoWars-VS-HuffPo hybrid.

There is no debate. No rational thinking. Just extreme partisanship and constant insults. There isn't even any comedy attempted behind the insults anymore. Every one is straight for the jugular.


At least when people like DT were still posting here there was a little bit of rational non-partisan thinking going on and a little levity sprinkled in with it.



It's apparent that everyone here knows they're not going to change anybody else's minds about anything, so they don't even try anymore.

When your every post starts off with an insult to the person you are addressing, you've already said that you have no desire to change a mind. You're just posting whatever makes you feel good.

I think the biggest problem faced here is that there just aren't enough of us left. With less than a dozen regular posters left here, everything becomes personal.


I've said for about a decade the RWED brings out the worst in people. It just feels gross now when there's so little to do, and so few people to talk to in here anymore.

What's the point of coming back here when I know that I'm going to have personal insults from 2 or 3 people waiting for me, and I'm just going to feel shitty when I leave?



Maybe you take this place too seriously.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, July 14, 2017 2:57 AM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them. Pity would be no more, If we did not MAKE men poor - William Blake


Turkey "Turns Away" From NATO, Buys Russian Advanced Missile System For $2.5 Billion

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-13/turkey-turns-away-nato-buys-r
ussian-advanced-missile-system-25-billion


-----------

"Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor"- William Blake

THUGR, JONESING FOR WWIII
All those guns 1kiki, are pointed towards your beloved Russia. All those cyber capabilities, pointed right at Russia. Thanks Putin, and get ready to duck.
I'll accept your apology any time, THUGR. But I know you're not man enough to give me one


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, July 17, 2017 2:04 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


Good for them!


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by THGRRI:

Ukraine Recommits To NATO Membership Over Moscow's Objections

Ukraine is set to begin talks with NATO about eventual membership in the western alliance – a move that has long raised the ire of Russia.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/07/10/536450855/ukraine-re
commits-to-nato-membership-over-moscows-objections




NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, July 17, 2017 2:09 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


You could always count on the Deep State whenever the going gets tough, isn't that special...it actually runs on it's own. Built sturdy and durable, like the Energizer Bunny!

And here I thought the Dems did such a fucked up job so as to ruin any chances of having some impact on the current state of affairs in this land and abroad. Will wonders never cease.


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by 1kiki:
As I've noted in several posts already, the President doesn't appear to be running foreign policy. Instead, it appears that an unelected and unaccountable group of people - the Deep State - is continuing its policies that it had previously implemented and administered using Hillary Clinton.




Goodbye, kind world (George Monbiot) - In common with all those generations which have contemplated catastrophe, we appear to be incapable of understanding what confronts us.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, July 17, 2017 2:14 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


Say, aren't those the same guys that hired Kelly to do some spying, er...I mean, work for them. Something about another spy, er...I mean Turkish citizen or some such.


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
Turkey "Turns Away" From NATO, Buys Russian Advanced Missile System For $2.5 Billion

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-13/turkey-turns-away-nato-buys-r
ussian-advanced-missile-system-25-billion


-----------

"Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor"- William Blake

THUGR, JONESING FOR WWIII
All those guns 1kiki, are pointed towards your beloved Russia. All those cyber capabilities, pointed right at Russia. Thanks Putin, and get ready to duck.
I'll accept your apology any time, THUGR. But I know you're not man enough to give me one



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, July 17, 2017 10:03 AM

G

... fully loaded, safety off...


Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
Turkey "Turns Away" From NATO, Buys Russian Advanced Missile System For $2.5 Billion...



... and aims it at Russia.

==============================

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
The Age of Redefinition
Fri, September 22, 2017 12:47 - 27 posts
More lies :)
Fri, September 22, 2017 11:55 - 13 posts
antibiotic resistance
Fri, September 22, 2017 11:26 - 48 posts
Shout out to Second - hope you are doing well
Fri, September 22, 2017 11:20 - 118 posts
Syrian army punches through to beseiged Deir Ezzor
Fri, September 22, 2017 10:18 - 89 posts
Utah Nurse Arrested
Fri, September 22, 2017 01:37 - 62 posts
"Equifax Accidentally Directs 200,000 Customers To Fake Phishing Website". OMFG, how is this even possible ??
Fri, September 22, 2017 01:32 - 6 posts
Crackin'
Thu, September 21, 2017 23:27 - 29 posts
Trump Changes NASA Focus From Junk/Climate Science To Real Science
Thu, September 21, 2017 21:55 - 27 posts
Dow @ 20K. Time to jump off!
Thu, September 21, 2017 21:52 - 71 posts
Countdown Clock to Trumps impeachment " STARTS"
Wed, September 20, 2017 21:11 - 408 posts
California lawmakers pass landmark 'sanctuary state' bill
Wed, September 20, 2017 18:06 - 38 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL