Sign Up | Log In
BROWNCOAT ID#:17002 SINCE: 2006.01.17 12:57 LAST HERE: 2007.10.13 12:07 CREDITS: 1
SEND ME A MESSAGE
YOU NEED TO BE LOGGED IN TO SEND A MESSAGE. YOU CAN LOGIN HERE.
LATEST BLOG ENTRY
MAKING RIVER INTO AN ASSASIN
Thursday, March 09, 2006 10:05:26 AM
I was thinking about the skills and abilities that River displays in the series and in BDM, and a question occurred...how would one "modify" a human to make a superior fighter?
Two underlying assumptions:
1. Understanding of genetics, physiology and the brain are comparitively more advanced in the Firefly future than now.
2. Human modifications have to be grounded in some current fact, or at least a reasonable supposition, with telepathy being the notable exception. For instance, unlike in Buffy, it's not reasonable to assume that slender woman is ten times stronger than a normal human. One might be stronger or weaker than is visibly gauged (through frame, musclature, etc.), but not to so great a degree.
1. Superior coordination and balance...helpful to quickly adapt to unfamilar weaponry.
2. More than usual fast twitch muscles. Speed, particularly in a world with guns, is very important. Being able to draw, target (being psychic would help), and attack an opponent before they can do the same would be nice.
3. Flexibility. Very nice for stealthy stuff (e.g. scrambling up walls in the academy), kicking, etc.
4. Boosted immune system, for handing minor injuries, toxins, etc.
5. Better than average vision, touch, hearing and smell.
BLUE SUN ITEMS
All FIREFLY graphics and photos on this page are copyright 2002-2012 Mutant Enemy, Inc., Universal Pictures, and 20th Century Fox.
All other graphics and texts are copyright of the contributors to this website.
This website IS NOT affiliated with the Official Firefly Site, Mutant Enemy, Inc., or 20th Century Fox.