GENERAL DISCUSSIONS

Better Call Saul

POSTED BY: SHINYGOODGUY
UPDATED: Friday, June 8, 2018 09:18
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 1794
PAGE 1 of 1

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 3:22 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


I have to admit, Better Call Saul is quickly becoming a really good show.
Good writing, good acting and interesting characters.

Check it out.


SGG

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 8:09 AM

REAVERFAN


Binged season 1 on Netflix. Will do the same with 2.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 11:07 AM

ECGORDON

There's no place I can be since I found Serenity.


Haven't seen any of it yet.



NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 8:57 PM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


Season 1 was rated 78
Season 2 is rated 85, which is very good.
Better Call Saul gets better and better.
www.metacritic.com/tv/better-call-saul
www.metacritic.com/tv/better-call-saul/season-2

Just for comparison, Breaking Bad was lower rated in Season 1 and 2 at 73 and 84. Then it went on to 89, 96 and 99 in the final 3 seasons. Better Call Saul could do the same! (so long as Saul’s writers don’t run out of ideas and have to kill Jimmy or Mike, following the example of Joss Whedon . . . )
www.metacritic.com/tv/breaking-bad/season-5

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, March 10, 2016 2:14 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


This show is a prequel so they won't be killing off either Mike or Jimmy.
And yep, I agree this season has a much better tone and storylines, clever
and character driven (which, to me, is nearly always a winning combo).

It's becoming clearer why Jimmy became Saul. One thing I admire about Vince Gilligan, he writes women extremely well. No one dimension here. Speaking of women, how much do you love Rhea Seehorn? (Kim Wexler, Jimmy's squeeze).
Well, I'm in love with her, she's fantastic and sexy to boot.

She reminds me of Maria Bello - solid character actress who is so yummy that my heart goes into overdrive whenever I see her on screen. This woman is solid through and through, and so down to earth that you just want to take her home, cook her dinner and cuddle all night and watch her sleep. And not in a stalker-ish kind of way.

And Michael (Lenny) McKean has molded himself into a top-notch actor. This show will get some Emmy nods come TV award season. Gilligan has put together another gem in Better Call Saul.


SGG

Quote:

Originally posted by second:
Season 1 was rated 78
Season 2 is rated 85, which is very good.
Better Call Saul gets better and better.
www.metacritic.com/tv/better-call-saul
www.metacritic.com/tv/better-call-saul/season-2

Just for comparison, Breaking Bad was lower rated in Season 1 and 2 at 73 and 84. Then it went on to 89, 96 and 99 in the final 3 seasons. Better Call Saul could do the same! (so long as Saul’s writers don’t run out of ideas and have to kill Jimmy or Mike, following the example of Joss Whedon . . . )
www.metacritic.com/tv/breaking-bad/season-5

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, March 10, 2016 1:18 PM

ZEEK


I'm definitely enjoying the show. I constantly amazes me that the plot doesn't really have to move along at all for the episodes to be enjoyable. They just have well written characters that are likable in their own ways. Thankfully there's no character like Skyler who is just unlikable and annoying. She was the one big negative in Breaking Bad for me.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, April 15, 2016 3:38 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


100% agree G. I think that Skyler was written to be simple and annoying at the beginning of BB, then an interesting twist when she knew about Walt's business.
And I thought how completely opposite she and Walt were, she could have easily
imposed her will on him but he became this bad-ass and, well you guys know the
rest.

And Rhea Seehorn is sooooo scrumptious. I love her character, she's so good.
Somehow the relationship with Jimmy works, despite the fact that his moral
compass is a bit off. He keeps getting into trouble and she stays with him -
that's love. Really good show.


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by G:
Quote:

Originally posted by Zeek:
Thankfully there's no character like Skyler who is just unlikable and annoying. She was the one big negative in Breaking Bad for me.



I had major reservations about her too at the beginning. I overcame those as the show went on though. I think the actress (not unlike Aaron Paul) just got better and better. I felt like her character being rather "simple, plain, and common" in the beginning and watching her go through her own major changes gave the show more realism and a good background for Walt's activities - made them stand out even more. If it was just about Walt & drugs, not so much.

Better Call Saul - amazing show. Like BB, everyone is soooo good, acting and writing. I think the revelation is Rhea Seehorn (Kim Wexler).


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 17, 2016 7:44 AM

CALHOUN


It saddens me though, the realisation that Kim is probably going to suffer a cruel fate at some stage. There is no mention of her in BB.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, April 18, 2016 12:29 AM

SHINYGOODGUY


Yeah, I know. I think she's one of the best characters - man or woman - in TV in
a very long time. But I think that she may have been out of the picture long before
Jimmy became Saul. I really liked the way she told Chuck off, even though Jimmy
was in the wrong (and she knew it).

The writers have to be commended.


SGG


Quote:

Originally posted by CALHOUN:
It saddens me though, the realisation that Kim is probably going to suffer a cruel fate at some stage. There is no mention of her in BB.


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, June 7, 2018 12:24 PM

JJ


Quote:

Originally posted by SHINYGOODGUY:
I have to admit, Better Call Saul is quickly becoming a really good show.
Good writing, good acting and interesting characters.

Check it out.


SGG



T

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, June 8, 2018 9:18 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


Quote:

Originally posted by Zeek:
I'm definitely enjoying the show. I constantly amazes me that the plot doesn't really have to move along at all for the episodes to be enjoyable. They just have well written characters that are likable in their own ways. Thankfully there's no character like Skyler who is just unlikable and annoying. She was the one big negative in Breaking Bad for me.



I'll second that notion. I won't blame the actress because I think the character was just written poorly. To be fair though, I really don't know how you would write that character well. I don't think it would have been any better if they ended up making her based off of Carmella Soprano after she found out about everything.

Actually... I think that's kind of when her character took off. When she did find out and tentatively dipped her own toes in those murky waters. She'd never went full blown Carmella though because she wasn't born into that lifestyle and it wouldn't have been believable. Even if she reveled in it, she would have made a lot of mistakes that Carmella would have known better. Instead of being an asset by being in on it, her knowledge became a huge liability.

Better Call Saul is one of the few good shows out there right now. Amazing storytelling. Possibly even better than Breaking Bad. It would have to be to keep your interest when you already know what is going to happen to all of the characters. It kind of does perfectly what the Star Wars prequels wish they could have done.

I will get back into BCS some day.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
76th Independent Battalion Part 48
Tue, October 16, 2018 10:26 - 1495 posts
Anybody pre-ordered the new Firefly original novel!
Tue, October 16, 2018 02:42 - 5 posts
"The Rookie" picked up by ABC
Mon, October 15, 2018 19:16 - 6 posts
Used to say Happy Monday!
Sun, October 14, 2018 22:52 - 1 posts
Nathan Fillion's new show The Rookie starts Tuesday, October 16, 2018 ABC 10/9c
Sun, October 14, 2018 22:52 - 1 posts
Has the FDA been complicit in intentionally mutating us??
Sat, October 13, 2018 12:54 - 9 posts
Thread of Font Colors
Fri, October 12, 2018 22:37 - 18 posts
Firefly Serenity Ornament With Light Got it! It is shiny!
Fri, October 12, 2018 22:31 - 3 posts
Santa Fe, NM CSTS event. Friday, October 12th, 2018. Serenity Charity Screening. Free Bumper Stickers!
Fri, October 12, 2018 09:20 - 1 posts
Ozark - finished season 2 - anyone watching?
Wed, October 10, 2018 23:21 - 7 posts
Buffy Reboot in 2019
Wed, October 10, 2018 04:22 - 1 posts
Carnegie, PA CSTS event. Saturday, October 5th, 2018. Dr. Horrible and Con Man Charity Screening.
Sat, October 6, 2018 00:24 - 1 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL