OTHER SCIENCE FICTION SERIES

'Farscape' reunion on SG -1. How'd I miss THIS ?

POSTED BY: AURAPTOR
UPDATED: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 15:25
SHORT URL: http://goo.gl/H2cKm
VIEWED: 3602
PAGE 1 of 1

Monday, June 20, 2005 6:35 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Man, I just caught a commercial for the new SG-1 season. Ben Browder is joining the cast, which already boasts Claudia Black.

How cool is that ? I always dug Crichton's character. Good to see Ben back on the screen..and w/ Claudia!



" They don't like it when you shoot at 'em. I worked that out myself. "

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, June 20, 2005 7:38 PM

GTMAN8503


Claudia's actually only going to be there for the first 5-6 episodes...she's not a series regular, just a guest star. However, Ben will be the new commander of SG-1. He's one of the new regulars.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, June 20, 2005 11:43 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Quote:

Originally posted by gtman8503:
Claudia's actually only going to be there for the first 5-6 episodes...she's not a series regular, just a guest star. However, Ben will be the new commander of SG-1. He's one of the new regulars.



Kinda figured it was something like that, but they'll be in some scenes together, right ? Seems like a no brainer there.

" They don't like it when you shoot at 'em. I worked that out myself. "

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 12:24 AM

BARNEYT


I'm a bit behind on SG-1 - how come they're getting a new commander? Does Sam not get to command the team?


---
"I think the right place to start is to say, fair is fair. This is who we are. These are our numbers." Mr Willis of Ohio - The West Wing

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 12:40 AM

BANRIGH


Quote:

Originally posted by BarneyT:
I'm a bit behind on SG-1 - how come they're getting a new commander? Does Sam not get to command the team?



I don't think it's actually clear who's going to lead SG-1. Amanda Tapping was pregnant for the beginning of the shooting season so they had to write her out.

Select to view spoiler:


I think they got her doing something for Area 51. But during the time she's gone, Mitchell will lead the team.

That's not the only change though, they get a new commander for the SGC and a new CMO to replace Fraiser.



Did they kiss your ass to your satisfaction?

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 12:45 AM

RELFEXIVE


Frelling great, isn't it?

I've heard there's going to be guest appearances by Anthony Simcoe and Wayne Pygram too.

The invasion has begun!

"My God - you're like a trained ape. Without the training."

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 7:06 AM

SICKDUDE


Select to view spoiler:


I believe the new doctor is non other than the actress who plays Rommie from Andromeda. She also is on the 4400 right now, and is married to Michael Shanks.

As much as I like her, I question why they killed off Teryl Rothery (to save money?) and then introduced another doctor who looks the same and couldn't be that much cheaper salary-wise. So is SciFi the new Fox???



"Don't say 'ka' until you've tried it." Daniel Jackson

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 7:08 AM

SICKDUDE


Select to view spoiler:


...And don't get me started on the Tyr look-alike joining Atlantis.



"Don't say 'ka' until you've tried it." Daniel Jackson

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 1:32 PM

CYBERSNARK


Y'know, the set of SG-1 must be the most fun place to work on Earth (until Serenity II starts filming).

On the Spaceys (a sci-fi-specific awards show) a few weeks ago, Christopher (Teal'c) Judge accepted on-set on behalf of the show, then introduced us to Ben Browder, asking "wasn't that show you used to be on nominated for one of these? How does it feel to move on to a winning show?"

Browder, for his part, made a big show of throwing a Diva Fit, grabbing the Spacey, and storming off "back to Australia!"

It was really funny.

-----
We applied the cortical electrodes but were unable to get a neural reaction from either patient.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 4:43 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Quote:

Originally posted by Cybersnark:
Y'know, the set of SG-1 must be the most fun place to work on Earth (until Serenity II starts filming).

On the Spaceys (a sci-fi-specific awards show) a few weeks ago, Christopher (Teal'c) Judge accepted on-set on behalf of the show, then introduced us to Ben Browder, asking "wasn't that show you used to be on nominated for one of these? How does it feel to move on to a winning show?"

Browder, for his part, made a big show of throwing a Diva Fit, grabbing the Spacey, and storming off "back to Australia!"

It was really funny.

-----
We applied the cortical electrodes but were unable to get a neural reaction from either patient.



Heh heh. Wish I'd seen that. Browder seems like a cool cat.

" They don't like it when you shoot at 'em. I worked that out myself. "

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, June 27, 2005 6:42 AM

BARNEYT


Any chance of Lani Tupu joining the cast?

*happy sigh*


---
"I think the right place to start is to say, fair is fair. This is who we are. These are our numbers." Mr Willis of Ohio - The West Wing

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, June 27, 2005 8:39 AM

BROWNCOAT1

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.


Quote:

Originally posted by Sickdude:

Select to view spoiler:


I believe the new doctor is non other than the actress who plays Rommie from Andromeda. She also is on the 4400 right now, and is married to Michael Shanks.

As much as I like her, I question why they killed off Teryl Rothery (to save money?) and then introduced another doctor who looks the same and couldn't be that much cheaper salary-wise. So is SciFi the new Fox???






I was never all that impressed w/ her acting ability. She's not hard on the eye, but I would think there are a fair number of talented actresses that could do the part more justice.

__________________________________________

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one."

Richmond, VA & surrounding area Firefly Fans:

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/richmondbrowncoats/


NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, June 27, 2005 8:41 AM

BROWNCOAT1

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.


Quote:

Originally posted by Sickdude:

Select to view spoiler:


...And don't get me started on the Tyr look-alike joining Atlantis.







LOL! That is the same thought that struck me:

Select to view spoiler:


This guy is a Tyr look alike!




Seems kind of lame, but I will check it out to see where they are going with it.

__________________________________________

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one."

Richmond, VA & surrounding area Firefly Fans:

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/richmondbrowncoats/


NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 7:26 AM

SICKDUDE


Browncoat1, more than anything, thank you for giving me the chance to kill another thread.

I was at one time a HUGE Stargate fan. At least 47 feet tall. My wife and I still enjoy the show, but we are both very, very worried about this season. Why, oh why, didn't they cancel it after season 8?!?!

"Don't say 'ka' until you've tried it." Daniel Jackson

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 8:45 AM

BROWNCOAT1

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.


Quote:

Originally posted by Sickdude:
Browncoat1, more than anything, thank you for giving me the chance to kill another thread.




You're welcome. I think.


Quote:

I was at one time a HUGE Stargate fan. At least 47 feet tall. My wife and I still enjoy the show, but we are both very, very worried about this season. Why, oh why, didn't they cancel it after season 8?!?!



I am kind of worried about this season too. Now they are coming up w/ new enemies? Again? New cast members, etc. I worry that they are just milking the show now & that the content will suffer.

__________________________________________

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one."

Richmond, VA & surrounding area Firefly Fans:

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/richmondbrowncoats/


NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 3:51 AM

CYBERSNARK


Well, from what I've gleaned from other sites Tony (Bra'Tac) Amendola seems enthusiastic about where things are going, so that's good enough for me.

I guess as long as the cast are enjoying it (and it comes across in their performances), I'll be tuned in.

-----
We applied the cortical electrodes but were unable to get a neural reaction from either patient.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 3:12 PM

FIREFLYWILDCARD1


when does the new season of SG-1 begin?

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 3:25 PM

THOTH1739


Quote:


Quote:
Originally posted by Sickdude:


Select to view spoiler:


I believe the new doctor is non other than the actress who plays Rommie from Andromeda. She also is on the 4400 right now, and is married to Michael Shanks.

As much as I like her, I question why they killed off Teryl Rothery (to save money?) and then introduced another doctor who looks the same and couldn't be that much cheaper salary-wise. So is SciFi the new Fox???




I was never all that impressed w/ her acting ability. She's not hard on the eye, but I would think there are a fair number of talented actresses that could do the part more justice.


Select to view spoiler:


Aw, C'mon, I love Lexa Doig.

I thouth they killed Frasier because they thought they were going to stop at season 7 and they wanted drama at the end. When the show got another season they just went oh well and let it be



I really don't think this is much of a spoiler cuz the episode's two years old, but since the original post is in spoiler bars I left this on in them too.

Someone please tell me if it's okay.

New season starts 7/15/05.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

FFF.NET SOCIAL