can't think of word
Sunday, May 2, 2004

edit: Okay, finally came up with a suitable substitution, but thanks to everyone's suggestions. Still, can't believe in the Serenity commentary Joss and Nathan refer to it as a steering wheel too. Guess that's one the conveniences of TV -- get to show the action instead of using words:P

Okay, please help me. I'm currently digging through threads looking for the blooper and will soon resort to listening to commentaries to figure it out.

What does one call Serenity's steering wheel?? I can't think of the term and for some reason control yoke (for planes) doesn't seem quite right to me. I really need this word and I know it's on the tip of my tongue, but 2 days later I still haven't thought of it.

Thank you thank you thank you


Monday, May 3, 2004 5:38 PM


A two handed control "stick" is sometimes called a yoke, as in the collar/harness used on draft animals.

Sunday, May 2, 2004 10:28 AM


Steering column?

Sunday, May 2, 2004 6:03 AM


I don't think they ever refer to it in the show, although I know it was mentioned in the commentaries at least a couple times (in Serenity -- regarding Inara holding it upside down when she flies her shuttle back to Serenity, and regarding Wash not holding it at all after escaping the reavers)


You must log in to post comments.