OTHER SCIENCE FICTION SERIES

Infinity Wars doesn't matter, Thanos does

POSTED BY: WISHIMAY
UPDATED: Monday, May 14, 2018 16:05
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 1557
PAGE 1 of 1

Sunday, April 29, 2018 6:02 PM

WISHIMAY

There will be fire and brimstone and Earth will be destroyed!... in several billion years!----------------------------------------- "Well, so long Earth. Thanks for the air... and what-not." -Philip J. Fry


My Infinity Wars review:

Five minutes or less of most of your favorite characters. Funny. Torture scene. Sad. Heartwarming. Awesomeness. Black Panther's codpiece IS bigger than Batman's. Battle, Battle, Battle...confusion. Hope.

Go see it or don't. You'll do what you want no matter what I say. The point of the movie was actually to make you THINK.


((((SPOILER, but just one))))))))








Thanos, as it turns out...is the Operative. Just with better biceps and better jewelry. And he also has the single-minded determination that what he's doing is the right thing and -just like the Operative- he'll murder children if he has to.



Overpopulation is misery. That is Thanos's mission to stop. Instead of just one planet's resources to worry about, he worries about the resources of the Universe, because he lived it, the overpopulation and hunger thing.

And as I drove home and looked at the trash from winter piled up along the highway, farmers pulling tanker trucks of anhydrous ammonia, eating something from Wal-mart that I can always find because it's healthier when many less healthier, cheaper options are sold out, and passing cargo vans full of screaming kids that I'm sure the parents are struggling to afford even though it doesn't stop them from making more and more and more and throwing more trash out the window and eating more "food" that has less and less actual food ingredients every year....

Damn, I get it. If we don't do a better job of controlling ourselves this planet will be done with us soon.

That is...if the Universe doesn't chuck us a big 'ol asteroid, or a supervolcano to wipe us out before then... Don't think any super heroes are gonna save us from that...

Nevermind. Keep eating soylent green and chucking it out the window. I mean, it doesn't really matter what we do, right???

Whether we go out choking on our own filth or in a blaze of fiery doom, what's a few hundred years extra of existence here or there??


Wish I had a Time stone to find out....




I leave you with... Karma. (Wish there was a stone for that



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 29, 2018 8:08 PM

JJ


Quote:

Originally posted by Wishimay:
My Infinity Wars review:

Five minutes or less of most of your favorite characters. Funny. Torture scene. Sad. Heartwarming. Awesomeness. Black Panther's codpiece IS bigger than Batman's. Battle, Battle, Battle...confusion. Hope.

Go see it or don't. You'll do what you want no matter what I say. The point of the movie was actually to make you THINK.


((((SPOILER, but just one))))))))








Thanos, as it turns out...is the Operative. Just with better biceps and better jewelry. And he also has the single-minded determination that what he's doing is the right thing and -just like the Operative- he'll murder children if he has to.



Overpopulation is misery. That is Thanos's mission to stop. Instead of just one planet's resources to worry about, he worries about the resources of the Universe, because he lived it, the overpopulation and hunger thing.

And as I drove home and looked at the trash from winter piled up along the highway, farmers pulling tanker trucks of anhydrous ammonia, eating something from Wal-mart that I can always find because it's healthier when many less healthier, cheaper options are sold out, and passing cargo vans full of screaming kids that I'm sure the parents are struggling to afford even though it doesn't stop them from making more and more and more and throwing more trash out the window and eating more "food" that has less and less actual food ingredients every year....

Damn, I get it. If we don't do a better job of controlling ourselves this planet will be done with us soon.

That is...if the Universe doesn't chuck us a big 'ol asteroid, or a supervolcano to wipe us out before then... Don't think any super heroes are gonna save us from that...

Nevermind. Keep eating soylent green and chucking it out the window. I mean, it doesn't really matter what we do, right???

Whether we go out choking on our own filth or in a blaze of fiery doom, what's a few hundred years extra of existence here or there??


Wish I had a Time stone to find out....




I leave you with... Karma. (Wish there was a stone for that





JJ

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 29, 2018 10:05 PM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


Quote:

Originally posted by Wishimay:
My Infinity Wars review:


Overpopulation is misery. That is Thanos's mission to stop.

In the original Marvel comics, Thanos wishes to win the fickle affections of Mistress Death, who is the embodiment of death in Marvel’s fictional “universe.”

Thanos's mating calls are the screams from exterminating 50 per cent of life, everywhere, across planets and star systems. He is a genocidal peacock driven by that most desperate motivation: love. A less eager suitor may settle on concert tickets, or a dozen red roses. But to woo Death Herself, Thanos must deliver the corpses of half the galaxy to her feet.

It’s equal parts tragic, monstrous and sort of sweet: a cross between Antony and Cleopatra-styled Shakespearean tragedy and John Hughesean doe-eyed romance that reveals the preposterousness and exuberant stupidity that enliven superhero comics.

The cosmic entity Mistress Death is absent in Avengers: Infinity War. Instead, Thanos is motivated by more purely Malthusian ends. His aim is “balance.” He is, in his word, “dispassionate.” His madness is utterly, boringly conventional.

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 29, 2018 10:47 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Liked it. Better than Ragnarok, but not the best ,imo. Had several unanswered questions, but w/ such a massive cast , stories, plot lines... it was very well done.

That marvel already has blackpanther and Spider-Man sequels on the way, kinda lets the air out of what takes place , but heck, it made for good drama.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, April 30, 2018 12:58 AM

WISHIMAY

There will be fire and brimstone and Earth will be destroyed!... in several billion years!----------------------------------------- "Well, so long Earth. Thanks for the air... and what-not." -Philip J. Fry


Quote:

Originally posted by second:
In the original Marvel comics, Thanos wishes to win the fickle affections of Mistress Death, who is the embodiment of death in Marvel’s fictional “universe.”




Yeah, I kept wondering if she was gonna show up. Nope. I guess they already did the irrational agenda god in Ego, so they had to move on to anti-hero god. Do we ever get a rational one, or would there be any...absolute power and all that??


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, April 30, 2018 6:02 AM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


Quote:

Originally posted by Wishimay:
Quote:

Originally posted by second:
In the original Marvel comics, Thanos wishes to win the fickle affections of Mistress Death, who is the embodiment of death in Marvel’s fictional “universe.”

Yeah, I kept wondering if she was gonna show up. Nope. I guess they already did the irrational agenda god in Ego, so they had to move on to anti-hero god. Do we ever get a rational one, or would there be any...absolute power and all that??

Thanos had an absolute power he didn't use. Obviously he had the old-fashion power of life and death, exactly like a veterinarian who euthanizes stray dogs. The Infinity Gauntlet also gives him another vet super power: to spay and neuter. The sequel will be the Avengers stopping Thanos' perfectly rational population control strategy of vaporizing their balls. It's slower at stabilizing the population than vaporizing half of humanity, but it's more gentle. Vets do it to pets. Thanos will do it to humans. In the next Avengers.

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, April 30, 2018 9:39 AM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


9 questions about Avengers: Infinity War and its ending, answered

Spoiler alert.

By Alex Abad-Santos and Todd VanDerWerff Apr 30, 2018, 8:30am EDT

www.vox.com/summer-movies/2018/4/30/17288466/avengers-infinity-war-end
ing-explained-spoilers-deaths

Select to view spoiler:


4) Where was Tessa Thompson’s Valkyrie?

6) Does the entire Marvel universe, uh ... depend on Ant-Man?

9) Just what was Pepper trying to tell Tony when he got sucked away aboard Thanos’s ship? "If you’re really worried about whether Pepper and Tony get married, you’ll just have to wait until Avengers 4 comes out in spring 2019."



The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, April 30, 2018 11:13 AM

WISHIMAY

There will be fire and brimstone and Earth will be destroyed!... in several billion years!----------------------------------------- "Well, so long Earth. Thanks for the air... and what-not." -Philip J. Fry


Quote:

Originally posted by second:
to spay and neuter. The sequel will be the Avengers stopping Thanos' perfectly rational population control strategy of vaporizing their balls. It's slower at stabilizing the population than vaporizing half of humanity, but it's more gentle. Vets do it to pets. Thanos will do it to humans. In the next Avengers.




Ohh, that's funny! Have you seen that one episode of Futurama where no one had any genitals? Reminds me of that...

Unfortunately, I think it may not work because I'm sure billions would just go towards developing artificial gestation, we're already pretty close...There's enough frozen embryos sitting around, it may not even slow us down...


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 1:40 AM

WISHIMAY

There will be fire and brimstone and Earth will be destroyed!... in several billion years!----------------------------------------- "Well, so long Earth. Thanks for the air... and what-not." -Philip J. Fry


https://film.avclub.com/let-s-talk-about-the-secret-villain-of-avenger
s-infini-1825652457


Fun article and comments.

Thanos to Thor: You should have aimed for the head!

Hawkeye appears and shoots Thanos in the head, then turns to the camera and says "That's how it's done!" (in my version, anyway...)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 11:17 AM

ZEEK


I don't see anyone as the secret villain. Everybody had their own motivation for doing what they did and it made for one awesome movie. I'm considering going to see it a second time in theaters.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 12:32 PM

WISHIMAY

There will be fire and brimstone and Earth will be destroyed!... in several billion years!----------------------------------------- "Well, so long Earth. Thanks for the air... and what-not." -Philip J. Fry


Yeah, I know Zeek. The punching was just a plot device and Starlord was just the likeliest flawed person to facilitate said plot device.

But, it is worth pointing out that his not entirely ignoble actions did ultimately end up making half the universe vanish. That's a big loss of control, there...

By the way, I am a huge proponent of birth control. This planet DOES need to slow the hell down, and every country should be doing whatever is necessary to get effective birth control to its populations. Gotta keep half the universe from being blinked out of existence now, don't we?

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 12:40 PM

WISHIMAY

There will be fire and brimstone and Earth will be destroyed!... in several billion years!----------------------------------------- "Well, so long Earth. Thanks for the air... and what-not." -Philip J. Fry


Quote:

Originally posted by second:
The sequel will be the Avengers stopping Thanos' perfectly rational population control strategy of vaporizing their balls.




Oh, btw, having no testicles removes testosterone production as well, and I think the planet could do with a little less testosterone too, so maybe that could work out ...Kidding. I kid. But, seriously, removing one would halve fertility rates, since we are discussing theory. I think the vast majority would just prefer good birth control, ya?

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, May 3, 2018 9:45 AM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


Quote:

Originally posted by Wishimay:
Quote:

Originally posted by second:
The sequel will be the Avengers stopping Thanos' perfectly rational population control strategy of vaporizing their balls.




Oh, btw, having no testicles removes testosterone production as well, and I think the planet could do with a little less testosterone too, so maybe that could work out ...Kidding. I kid. But, seriously, removing one would halve fertility rates, since we are discussing theory. I think the vast majority would just prefer good birth control, ya?

I predict fewer and fewer ticket sales as Thanos’s population control methods get more and more realistic:

Infinity War III has Thanos perfecting the male birth control pill. The Avengers will fight to the death because if you skip your daily pill, you die!

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, May 3, 2018 10:10 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


If Infinity Wars teaches us anything it's that none of it matters at all.

Let's kill a ton of box office draws off in a movie with a Deus Ex Machina device that can just bring them right back. Then not leave any suspense about which characters are going to be brought back to life since we've already mapped out the next decade of movies.

Boo.


Will you guys stop paying for this schlock already.



The Marvel Universe is how this happens.



Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, May 4, 2018 3:23 PM

ZEEK


Whether characters stay dead or not doesn't change the way the characters in the story react to the situation. It's also different depending on the story. For instance in the comics recently there was a character who had a long drawn out story arch where they were sacrificing themselves to fight the good fight, but immediately after they died they were revived via magic. That to me is a bad revival. It cheapens the storyline. Infinity War's storyline is different and wouldn't bother me if some of it was reversed. I think certain parts need to stick though

Select to view spoiler:


like Gamora (even though I really like her character)


NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, May 4, 2018 4:50 PM

WISHIMAY

There will be fire and brimstone and Earth will be destroyed!... in several billion years!----------------------------------------- "Well, so long Earth. Thanks for the air... and what-not." -Philip J. Fry


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:


Will you guys stop paying for this schlock already.




This isn't a Jacktocracy, we can enjoy what we like. Where else can $20 get you two hours of obliviou...oh, yeah, you live there

Anyhow.

Fun idea. Or not so fun, if they play kill the baby for drama...
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/05/01/avengers-infinity-war-pepper-po
ts-tony-stark
/


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, May 5, 2018 1:39 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


Quote:

Originally posted by Zeek:
Whether characters stay dead or not doesn't change the way the characters in the story react to the situation. It's also different depending on the story. For instance in the comics recently there was a character who had a long drawn out story arch where they were sacrificing themselves to fight the good fight, but immediately after they died they were revived via magic. That to me is a bad revival. It cheapens the storyline. Infinity War's storyline is different and wouldn't bother me if some of it was reversed. I think certain parts need to stick though

Select to view spoiler:


like Gamora (even though I really like her character)




I see what you're saying. They're going to have to make some of the death's stick or who really cares at all?

One prediction I'm making is that (I hope) Marvel is actually going to permanently kill off at least one major character that is slated for a movie release in the future timeline to really "pull a Joss" on everyone.

They may or may not actually do this, but I think if they did then this would bring a lot of credibility with it. If they don't do that, then really, what's the point of it all?


I think the adults all walked out of the theater knowing what was going to happen and that nobody is probably really dead, or at least for very long. But I do imagine that there are a lot of sad kids walking out of the theater to this one.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, May 5, 2018 12:37 PM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:

I see what you're saying. They're going to have to make some of the death's stick or who really cares at all?

One prediction I'm making is that (I hope) Marvel is actually going to permanently kill off at least one major character that is slated for a movie release in the future timeline to really "pull a Joss" on everyone.

They may or may not actually do this, but I think if they did then this would bring a lot of credibility with it. If they don't do that, then really, what's the point of it all?


I think the adults all walked out of the theater knowing what was going to happen and that nobody is probably really dead, or at least for very long. But I do imagine that there are a lot of sad kids walking out of the theater to this one.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

Credibility? This is religion being squeezed and bent into the comic book format. Marvel is re-purposing Buddhist belief in reincarnation and Christian belief in resurrection, that death is not a permanent condition and heartbreak can be overcome. The purpose is to make rich men of Televangelist pastor Joel Osteen and Rev. Sun Myung Moon. It will also make Marvel rich.

In 1991, the comics had Thanos's daughter, Nebula, steal the Infinity Gauntlet. Her first act was to return everyone her father killed to life. Being the comics, Thanos and the Avengers must stop Nebula before she does something crazier with her stolen Godlike Powers.

The comic book starts at 50 seconds:



May 5, 2018: 11:34 AM ET

Disney's "Avengers: Infinity War" crossed $1 billion in worldwide box office sales on Saturday, according to the studio. The blockbuster hit the mark in just 11 days -- the fastest in film history.

The Marvel Studios film, which stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans and features a litany of superheroes, reached the milestone one day earlier than the previous record held by 2015's "Star Wars: The Force Awakens."

In just 11 days of release, the film has already made more than the overall totals of other comic book hits like "Wonder Woman," "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice," "Guardians of the Galaxy," "X-Men: Days of Future Past" and "Justice League."

But most impressively, "Infinity War" has accomplished all of this without Chinese audiences. The film opens in China, the second biggest movie market in the world, on May 11.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/05/media/avengers-infinity-war-billion-bo
x-office/index.html


The closest comparison is the Jesus snuff-film: The Passion of the Christ at
$611,899,420

Avengers Infinity War had many famous people to kill. If The Passion of the Christ could have killed Jesus more than once, it would have made more money. The Passion ending with a brief depiction of his resurrection. Avengers Infinity War is saving their Resurrection(s) for the next film, in order to double their ticket sales. Loki and Thor aren't Christian Gods, but, Hell's Bells, they are Gods. Killing and resurrecting them means better ticket sales. Marvel killed the God Odin in Thor Ragnarok. Marvel will resurrect him, too.

www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=passionofthechrist.htm

Marvel does it again: Kills Thor followed immediately by Resurrection. There isn't time for the women's tears to dry before he is back on his feet! Infinity War breaks that rule by making you wait for the next movie before resurrecting the dead heroes.


The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, May 6, 2018 8:24 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


I'm not going to watch any of them besides Deadpool 2 anyway. I tuned out of the comics movies a long time ago, and I think I'm pretty much done with the netflix shows too. There's too much good stuff out there to waste my time on any of the Marvel schlock.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, May 12, 2018 5:14 PM

WISHIMAY

There will be fire and brimstone and Earth will be destroyed!... in several billion years!----------------------------------------- "Well, so long Earth. Thanks for the air... and what-not." -Philip J. Fry


Starlord replied, posted on Cinemablend

Chris Pratt used Instagram Stories to post these special five messages to fans, which read "I know you mad at Starlord because of what happened in the end. Well, I guess I''ll just go and... F myself" - accompanied by an image of two Star-Lord toys in a graphic position. Clearly the actor isn't taking the whole thing too seriously, and he's hoping that fans ultimately see things the same way.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, May 12, 2018 8:01 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK

[/i]


Quote:

Originally posted by Wishimay:
Starlord replied, posted on Cinemablend

Chris Pratt used Instagram Stories to post these special five messages to fans, which read "I know you mad at Starlord because of what happened in the end. Well, I guess I''ll just go and... F myself" - accompanied by an image of two Star-Lord toys in a graphic position. Clearly the actor isn't taking the whole thing too seriously, and he's hoping that fans ultimately see things the same way.



That's actually pretty funny.

I can't imagine that was commissioned by Disney though. Why do I think his decision to make that post is going to come back to haunt him.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, May 14, 2018 4:05 PM

SECOND

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


This hypothetical pitch meeting at Disney makes Joss Whedon's Avengers Age of Ultron and the sequel, Avengers Infinity Wars, look Infinitely Stupid.



It is stupid, but infinity stupidity is worth big money in ticket sales:
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $547,829,103 34.1%
+ Foreign: $1,059,449,980 65.9%
= Worldwide: $1,607,279,083
www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel0518.htm

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS

Fri, October 19, 2018 07:51 - 16 posts
The Good Place... anybody seen it?
Sun, October 14, 2018 21:52 - 11 posts
Marvel / DC / Comic Thread
Wed, October 3, 2018 22:22 - 35 posts
Anyone else watching "The Last Ship" on TNT?
Tue, October 2, 2018 02:32 - 120 posts
Manifest
Tue, October 2, 2018 01:35 - 2 posts
Orphan Black on BBC-America
Fri, September 21, 2018 23:38 - 18 posts
Buck Rogers In The 25th Century
Thu, September 13, 2018 01:17 - 5 posts
"The Orville" new SciFi on FOX
Sat, September 1, 2018 01:56 - 53 posts
something else
Mon, July 30, 2018 00:24 - 10 posts
Ready Player One
Thu, July 26, 2018 06:03 - 9 posts
The Crossing
Sat, June 9, 2018 20:07 - 8 posts
Reverie
Thu, May 31, 2018 05:38 - 3 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL