OTHER SCIENCE FICTION SERIES

Dr Who: Time of the Doctor

POSTED BY: AURAPTOR
UPDATED: Sunday, February 16, 2014 18:56
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 2221
PAGE 1 of 1

Thursday, December 26, 2013 7:46 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Finally caught it, a day late. ( Christmas stuff, and such )

I may have missed something, but are we suppose to know why the Doctor was carrying around that Cyberman's head ? In almost *companion like manner? * ( I always snicker at that, realizing that 'Companion' to the Doctor isn't the same as with Firefly. - Or is it ? )

I thought the farewell was nicely done, though I didn't care for how quickly the show ended with Clara and the new Doctor. It was like 'bam!', and then the show was over.


I had thought the issue of the Doctor's unlimited regeneration had been touched on before this episode.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, December 27, 2013 10:26 AM

TWO

The Joss Whedon script for Serenity, where Wash lives, is Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly


Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:
I may have missed something, but are we suppose to know why the Doctor was . . .

You also might as well ask: "Why are you naked, Doctor?" -- "Because I'm going to Church!" Not all answers make sense when you're coming to your end.

The Joss Whedon script for "Serenity," where Wash lives, is
Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, December 28, 2013 10:34 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Quote:

Originally posted by two:
Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:
I may have missed something, but are we suppose to know why the Doctor was . . .

You also might as well ask: "Why are you naked, Doctor?" -- "Because I'm going to Church!" Not all answers make sense when you're coming to your end.

The Joss Whedon script for "Serenity," where Wash lives, is
Serenity-190pages.pdf at www.mediafire.com/folder/1uwh75oa407q8/Firefly



Oh, that was explained, during the episode. What I ALSO didn't get is why we didn't get to see Clara at least bare backed and naked legged ? She was " naked " when she entered the church, wasn't she ? Even if it was a hologram. ( Or were her clothes the hologram ? I forget ) Either way, we saw the Doctor " in the buff " ,but not Clara. UNFAIR !

Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen

I'm just a red pill guy in a room full of blue pill addicts.

" AU, that was great, LOL!! " - Chrisisall

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, December 29, 2013 10:52 AM

WHOZIT


Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:
Finally caught it, a day late. ( Christmas stuff, and such )

I may have missed something, but are we suppose to know why the Doctor was carrying around that Cyberman's head ? In almost *companion like manner? * ( I always snicker at that, realizing that 'Companion' to the Doctor isn't the same as with Firefly. - Or is it ? )

I thought the farewell was nicely done, though I didn't care for how quickly the show ended with Clara and the new Doctor. It was like 'bam!', and then the show was over.


I had thought the issue of the Doctor's unlimited regeneration had been touched on before this episode.



The last few minutes was to give Smith a proper send off, we'll get to know Dr 12 very soon.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, December 29, 2013 11:56 AM

STORYMARK


I felt it was just like the rest of the Moffat/Smith run - emotionally and thematically satisfying - but complete rubbish when it comes to a plot that makes sense.




"Goram it kid, let's frak this thing and go home! Engage!"

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 12:24 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Clara Oswin Oswald's name will always sorta confound me.

We first see her as Oswin Oswald, right ? Then she's Clara Oswald. Now, had her middle name been "Jane", and her first name "Betty" or some such, that'd seem to make more sense. But Oswin Oswald... it just seems I'm missing something here.

There's too much similarity for me for some reason between middle and last name.

I keep finding more subtle messages in the lines, every time I watch. Like in The Bells of St. John, when she sees the book the young boy is reading, and she asks which chapter he's on, and he replies " 10 ", and then she replies " You'll like 11 better " , I can 't but wonder if that's some subtle reference to Doctors 10 and 11 ? And her being 11's new companion ? Just random thinking here.

Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen

I'm just a red pill guy in a room full of blue pill addicts.

" AU, that was great, LOL!! " - Chrisisall

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 7:13 PM

WHOZIT


Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:
Clara Oswin Oswald's name will always sorta confound me.

We first see her as Oswin Oswald, right ? Then she's Clara Oswald. Now, had her middle name been "Jane", and her first name "Betty" or some such, that'd seem to make more sense. But Oswin Oswald... it just seems I'm missing something here.

There's too much similarity for me for some reason between middle and last name.

I keep finding more subtle messages in the lines, every time I watch. Like in The Bells of St. John, when she sees the book the young boy is reading, and she asks which chapter he's on, and he replies " 10 ", and then she replies " You'll like 11 better " , I can 't but wonder if that's some subtle reference to Doctors 10 and 11 ? And her being 11's new companion ? Just random thinking here.

Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen

I'm just a red pill guy in a room full of blue pill addicts.

" AU, that was great, LOL!! " - Chrisisall



Just like the River Song story, we'll learn everything in time. Like how Clara became a Dalek. Sooner or later Dr 12 will get a new companion.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 16, 2014 6:56 PM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


Quote:

Originally posted by whozit:

Just like the River Song story, we'll learn everything in time. Like how Clara became a Dalek. Sooner or later Dr 12 will get a new companion.




Clara is, after all, the IMPOSSIBLE girl. The particulars of her and the Daleks are less of a concern for me. I mean, we pretty much know what happened to Oswin, and how she keeps popping up in the history of the Doctor, but it seems this is the only time period where she's actually been his companion. ( Or is it ? ) The beauty of it, she doesn't know, and so far as we can tell, neither does the Doctor.

Seriously, would it be fair to compare Steve Moffat to Joss Whedon ? Both sure know how to tell a story, and seem to have a lot in common, profession wise.

Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen

I'm just a red pill guy in a room full of blue pill addicts.

" AU, that was great, LOL!! " - Chrisisall

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
The Last Jedi
Tue, December 12, 2017 19:53 - 4 posts
New "Doctor Who" trailer
Tue, December 12, 2017 06:27 - 5 posts
Is 'Altered Carbon' the next Big Franchise? new dark dystopian sci-fi from Netflix...
Mon, December 11, 2017 16:51 - 2 posts
So Joss Whedon tried to save Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and kinda fails? 'Justice League' was a box office flop?
Mon, December 4, 2017 11:42 - 10 posts
I dislike Superman
Tue, November 28, 2017 22:22 - 62 posts
Star Trek Discovery is AWESOME!
Thu, November 23, 2017 18:01 - 30 posts
The Good Place... anybody seen it?
Mon, November 13, 2017 23:45 - 3 posts
Nathan Fillion on Rick and Morty
Fri, November 10, 2017 11:45 - 15 posts
"The Orville" new SciFi on FOX
Wed, November 8, 2017 19:58 - 50 posts
IT!
Mon, October 23, 2017 10:51 - 18 posts
Gal Gadot Cast as Wonder Woman!
Sun, October 22, 2017 16:19 - 40 posts
Dark Matter
Tue, October 17, 2017 10:11 - 18 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL