Sign Up | Log In
Gun Care Question: Cleaning Vera
Tuesday, June 12, 2012 11:48 AM
Quote:My question was, how long would it take to dismantle, clean and reassemble Vera? I mean, if Jayne was doing it competitively/in order to impress others.
Tuesday, June 12, 2012 4:25 PM
Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:06 PM
Tuesday, June 12, 2012 7:38 PM
"Well, so long Earth. Thanks for the air... and what-not." -Philip J. Fry _________________The more we are protected, the more we are trapped within. -Peter Gabriel
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:24 AM
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:29 AM
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 7:01 AM
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 7:08 AM
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 8:05 AM
Keep the Shiny side up
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:55 AM
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 11:21 AM
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:17 PM
Quote:Originally posted by NewOldBrownCoat:
total time with re-assembly, what ? Maybe 30 seconds?
Cleaning the Callahan Fullbore Autolock:
- Field-strip the weapon as described.
- Using a coated carbon-fiber rod and a brass jag, swab the bore from the breech end using a cotton patch soaked in a ferro-bronze solvent such as Geezer's Bore Blaster, Then swab with the activator and set aside for 30 minutes. Breathing, eye, and skin protection is highly recommended when using ferro-bronze solvents.
- Use a carbon-release spray to clean the trigger group, and then apply only Mark 17 lubricating film to all parts but the sear.
- With a brush and ethyl alcohol, remove any deposits from the bolt unit. (grain alcohol of at least 120 proof can be used if ethyl alcohol is not available). Apply a light film of Mark 17 to the bolt.
- After 30 minutes have passed, swab deposits from the bore with a copper-bronze brush, followed by patches soaked in alternating solvent and activator. When the activator patches no longer turn blue, the ferro-bronze deposits have been removed and the bore can be lightly oiled.
- Using a solvent-soaked Q-tip, clean the muzzle brake ports.
- Using a soft cloth, wipe all parts of the weapon to remove dust, blood, and other contaminants, and re-assemble the Callahan by reversing the field-stripping procedure.
Thursday, June 14, 2012 2:33 PM
Quote:Originally posted by BYTEMITE:
Who would beat the others at a shooting gallery, Zoe, Mal, or Jayne?
Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:13 PM
Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:42 PM
Thursday, June 14, 2012 7:03 PM
Friday, June 15, 2012 3:20 PM
NEW POSTS TODAY
All FIREFLY graphics and photos on this page are copyright 2002-2012 Mutant Enemy, Inc., Universal Pictures, and 20th Century Fox.
All other graphics and texts are copyright of the contributors to this website.
This website IS NOT affiliated with the Official Firefly Site, Mutant Enemy, Inc., or 20th Century Fox.