GENERAL DISCUSSIONS

Firefly-Serenity and us

POSTED BY: BARLONG
UPDATED: Sunday, April 1, 2012 21:12
SHORT URL: http://bit.ly/H2Up1i
VIEWED: 1562
PAGE 1 of 1

Friday, March 30, 2012 12:49 AM

BARLONG


I don’t know if this has been posted before but I think it’s a good idea to show thing from the Firefly-Serenity Universe we all love ( e.g purchased items, handmade items etc). Please share your thoughts

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/ty492

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, March 30, 2012 1:53 AM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!



I've listed such items as I have on my profile. I guess I could lay them all out, and take a snap shot of them. Most of them are on a book case, for display, though I'm not sure all would show up on a photo too well. But I bet I could pull it off.

" AU, that was great, LOL!! " - Chrisisall

"The world is a dangerous place. Not because of the people who are evil; but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein


NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, March 30, 2012 3:13 AM

BARLONG


Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:

I've listed such items as I have on my profile. I guess I could lay them all out, and take a snap shot of them. Most of them are on a book case, for display, though I'm not sure all would show up on a photo too well. But I bet I could pull it off.

" AU, that was great, LOL!! " - Chrisisall

"The world is a dangerous place. Not because of the people who are evil; but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein





You can just show your favorite :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, March 30, 2012 4:23 AM

PENNAUSAMIKE


I have my favorite Firefly/Serenity items here:
http://fireflydvd.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3541

http://fireflydvd.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3541&postdays=0&postorder
=asc&start=30


http://fireflydvd.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3541&postdays=0&postorder
=asc&start=60


http://fireflydvd.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3541&postdays=0&postorder
=asc&start=90


http://fireflydvd.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3541&postdays=0&postorder
=asc&start=120


http://fireflydvd.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3541&postdays=0&postorder
=asc&start=150


Six years of buying and building,
searching the web and tracking down rarities,
trading and making connections with other fans,
living in the 'verse-not just watching.

It has been very satisfying, but it is a journey that is nearing the destination for me.
Once I finish my,
already-purchased-but-not-complete-unfinished-projects,
I have only two areas of
unfinished-likely-to-never-be-finished-business
I regret NOT finishing;
Jayne's long arms (Vera and the guns from BDM Serenity)
and my Firefly fan film, "Fool Me Twice".

I got a great sense satisfaction out of the building and collecting,
and I feel equally warm and fuzzy enjoying the finished product.

The only downer:
after six years, some of my T-shirts are finally wearing out!

Mike

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, March 30, 2012 6:32 AM

BARLONG


Quote:

Originally posted by pennausamike:
I have my favorite Firefly/Serenity items here:
http://fireflydvd.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3541

http://fireflydvd.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3541&postdays=0&p
ostorder=asc&start=30


http://fireflydvd.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3541&postdays=0&p
ostorder=asc&start=60


http://fireflydvd.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3541&postdays=0&p
ostorder=asc&start=90


http://fireflydvd.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3541&postdays=0&p
ostorder=asc&start=120


http://fireflydvd.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3541&postdays=0&p
ostorder=asc&start=150


Six years of buying and building,
searching the web and tracking down rarities,
trading and making connections with other fans,
living in the 'verse-not just watching.

It has been very satisfying, but it is a journey that is nearing the destination for me.
Once I finish my,
already-purchased-but-not-complete-unfinished-projects,
I have only two areas of
unfinished-likely-to-never-be-finished-business
I regret NOT finishing;
Jayne's long arms (Vera and the guns from BDM Serenity)
and my Firefly fan film, "Fool Me Twice".

I got a great sense satisfaction out of the building and collecting,
and I feel equally warm and fuzzy enjoying the finished product.

The only downer:
after six years, some of my T-shirts are finally wearing out!

Mike



Ok you are my heroe!!!!!!! You have the best collection ever.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, March 30, 2012 2:37 PM

ECGORDON

There's no place I can be since I found Serenity.


It's been about a year and a half since I did this video, and it is also the only thing I've ever uploaded to YouTube. I've even forgot my password there. I have obtained a few things since then, mainly more autographs (seven of the nine Serenity comic covers so far!), plus I got my picture taken with Jewel, Adam, Sean and Ron at this year's Dallas Sci-Fi Expo.







wo men ren ran zai fei xing.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, March 30, 2012 6:05 PM

BARLONG


Quote:

Originally posted by ecgordon:
It's been about a year and a half since I did this video, and it is also the only thing I've ever uploaded to YouTube. I've even forgot my password there. I have obtained a few things since then, mainly more autographs (seven of the nine Serenity comic covers so far!), plus I got my picture taken with Jewel, Adam, Sean and Ron at this year's Dallas Sci-Fi Expo.







wo men ren ran zai fei xing.



Where is the vid the pic? I think we have a bug here from the new site

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, March 31, 2012 2:23 AM

AURAPTOR

America loves a winner!


ecgordon -

That's a right shiny collection you have there.

I love the big Serenity poster on the wall, as well as the brown t-shirt w/ the logo. I'm not so much a t-shirt guy as I use to be, but hell, does that stop me from still buying new ones ? Hardly ever wear them, oh well.

barlong - the beta site is where I'm seeing the vid. Sometimes they don't appear on the other site, and I believe that'll be done away with soon.

http://beta.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?bid=2&tid=51503&p=1#8
90084



" AU, that was great, LOL!! " - Chrisisall

"The world is a dangerous place. Not because of the people who are evil; but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, March 31, 2012 4:26 AM

BARLONG


Quote:

Originally posted by AURaptor:
ecgordon -

That's a right shiny collection you have there.

I love the big Serenity poster on the wall, as well as the brown t-shirt w/ the logo. I'm not so much a t-shirt guy as I use to be, but hell, does that stop me from still buying new ones ? Hardly ever wear them, oh well.

barlong - the beta site is where I'm seeing the vid. Sometimes they don't appear on the other site, and I believe that'll be done away with soon.

http://beta.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?bid=2&tid=51503&p=1#8
90084



" AU, that was great, LOL!! " - Chrisisall

"The world is a dangerous place. Not because of the people who are evil; but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein



Maybe my ipad has the problem. i will check it in windows on monday

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, March 31, 2012 6:12 AM

ECGORDON

There's no place I can be since I found Serenity.


I've been posting on the beta site for quite a while, but I'm on the original site now and the video is visible to me both places.




wo men ren ran zai fei xing.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, March 31, 2012 10:51 AM

CHRISISALL


Well, I got me the DVD's & comics & T-shirt & hat stuff, but these are my special things:



The tiny Serenity is from scratch, one Mal gun is in progress- makin' that into the movie version, the other will be a series one.


The Mal-like Chrisisall


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, March 31, 2012 3:43 PM

MOOSE


I have the usual dvds, blurays, books and comics.

But my prized possession is this set of VHS tapes that I made during the original broadcasts.



They sustained me during the "dark time" between the cancellation and the dvd release.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, March 31, 2012 3:48 PM

CHRISISALL


That's treasure to be sure!
But Moose, bust out those tabs so they don't get accidentally recorded over!


The Mal-like Chrisisall


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, March 31, 2012 4:02 PM

MOOSE


LoL

Thanks, Chris!

I had to double check because I was sure I took them out, but it turns out I didn't take off the tabs for half of them!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 1, 2012 9:12 PM

BARLONG


The problem for me not to see the vids was cause of my IOS-Mac. With Windows i see all the vids

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
Where is Serenity's door?
Wed, July 27, 2016 18:09 - 12 posts
Star Trekkin' Beyond J.J.
Wed, July 27, 2016 17:53 - 6 posts
No Power in the Verse - New 6 Issue Comic Series
Wed, July 27, 2016 16:39 - 14 posts
76th Independent Battalion Part 48
Wed, July 27, 2016 07:45 - 638 posts
CAPTION TIGHTPANTS: Aim to Misbehave #79
Mon, July 25, 2016 22:59 - 20 posts
"Adam is a Hottie"---FFF Version
Mon, July 25, 2016 10:51 - 798 posts
Well, let's get this Guardians of the Galaxy 2 thread kicked off right...
Sun, July 24, 2016 22:07 - 15 posts
CSTS event in Raleigh, NC Sunday, July 24, 2016. Serenity, raffle and a costume competition.
Sun, July 24, 2016 01:26 - 1 posts
Is Anyone Having Problems with YouTube?
Fri, July 22, 2016 23:33 - 60 posts
Where to get a copy of a Browncoats: Redemption?
Thu, July 21, 2016 21:39 - 6 posts
The free Serenity comic book from 5/7.
Wed, July 20, 2016 16:22 - 37 posts
CSTS event in Miami Springs, FL Saturday 7/16/16. Serenity, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, Whedon themed games and Whedon themed T-shirt contest.
Sat, July 16, 2016 09:44 - 1 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL