GENERAL DISCUSSIONS

Nathan and Jewel in Celebrity Sports Invitational

POSTED BY: KAEL3A
UPDATED: Friday, March 28, 2008 07:17
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 835
PAGE 1 of 1

Thursday, March 27, 2008 4:09 PM

KAEL3A


I'm new to this posting thing. I hope I'm doing it right. I just saw that Nathan Fillion and Jewel Staite are in the Canadian Celebrity Sports Invitational on ABC this weekend, March 30th. They were part of the fundraiser for Waterkeeper Allliance. I think Nathan was in the poker game - against Alicia Silverstone and Alyson Hannigan - and did the Nordic racing, too. I think it's at 2pm on the west coast. I don't know about other parts of the country.


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, March 27, 2008 4:10 PM

KAEL3A


Quote:

Originally posted by Kael3a:
I'm new to this posting thing. I hope I'm doing it right. I just saw that Nathan Fillion and Jewel Staite are in the Canadian Celebrity Sports Invitational on ABC this weekend, March 30th. They were part of the fundraiser for Waterkeeper Allliance. I think Nathan was in the poker game - against Alicia Silverstone and Alyson Hannigan - and did the Nordic racing, too. I think it's at 2pm on the west coast. I don't know about other parts of the country.



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, March 27, 2008 4:11 PM

KAEL3A


Quote:

Originally posted by Kael3a:
Quote:

Originally posted by Kael3a:
I'm new to this posting thing. I hope I'm doing it right. I just saw that Nathan Fillion and Jewel Staite are in the Canadian Celebrity Sports Invitational on ABC this weekend, March 30th. They were part of the fundraiser for Waterkeeper Allliance. I think Nathan was in the poker game - against Alicia Silverstone and Alyson Hannigan - and did the Nordic racing, too. I think it's at 2pm on the west coast. I don't know about other parts of the country.



Obviously I'm new... it should read Canadian Celebrity Sports Invitational. Sorry for the goof.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, March 27, 2008 5:22 PM

EMPIREX


Oh to be Canadian!!!

I hope someone posts clips on Youtube.

"Can you, for a moment, imagine how depressing it is to teach one thousand years of masculine ineptitude? Why do you think there are so few women historians? I'll tell you why. Because history is not such a frolic for women as it is for men... History is a commentary on the various and continuing incapabilities of men. History is women following behind with a bucket and a mop." - Alan Bennett, "The History Boys"

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, March 27, 2008 8:36 PM

OUT2THEBLACK


Did I read that right ? They're raising funds for the Alliance ?

Say it ain't so !

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, March 28, 2008 5:22 AM

KAEL3A


Quote:

Originally posted by EmpireX:
Oh to be Canadian!!!

I hope someone posts clips on Youtube.

"Can you, for a moment, imagine how depressing it is to teach one thousand years of masculine ineptitude? Why do you think there are so few women historians? I'll tell you why. Because history is not such a frolic for women as it is for men... History is a commentary on the various and continuing incapabilities of men. History is women following behind with a bucket and a mop." - Alan Bennett, "The History Boys"


I was at the event and Nathan was hysterical in the poker game. I'm sure other people will want to watch this thing on tv on Sunday. Do you know how I could spread the word?

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, March 28, 2008 5:25 AM

KAEL3A


Quote:

Originally posted by out2theblack:
Did I read that right ? They're raising funds for the Alliance ?

Say it ain't so !



Ironic, hunh? But I was there and saw him play an amazing few hands of poker in the tournament for the Waterkeepers in his own unique style. I hope you see this thing. Watching him in the nordic ski event was priceless!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, March 28, 2008 5:29 AM

ZEEK


No love as far as I can tell here in the states. Anybody know what channel this will be on and if they have a website where they post episodes?

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, March 28, 2008 5:32 AM

KAEL3A


Quote:

Originally posted by Zeek:
No love as far as I can tell here in the states. Anybody know what channel this will be on and if they have a website where they post episodes?



I searched for the event and through my DirectTV/DVR thing, it listed it on Channel 7 (ABC) on March 30 at 2pm. I live in the SF area and it is also known as KGO. That's how I found out about it.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Friday, March 28, 2008 7:17 AM

OUT2THEBLACK


Quote:

Originally posted by Kael3a:

Ironic, hunh? But I was there and saw him play an amazing few hands of poker in the tournament for the Waterkeepers in his own unique style. I hope you see this thing. Watching him in the nordic ski event was priceless!



So you saw this event LIVE ? That's awesome !

I'll check to see if this will be aired locally...

Meanwhile , if you want to get the word out , the Browncoat Signal Corps would be the place to go...

There's still time to inform a lot of folk...

One more thing...WELCOME ABOARD ! And Thanks for the Post...We LOVE the SHINY New Folk 'round here...

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
76th Independent Battalion Part 48
Thu, June 30, 2016 08:52 - 609 posts
Game of Thrones, season 6 - thoughts?
Wed, June 29, 2016 23:43 - 23 posts
CAPTION TIGHTPANTS: Aim to Misbehave #79
Wed, June 29, 2016 12:30 - 7 posts
What's Your Favorite Scene or Dialogue in Objects in Space?
Mon, June 27, 2016 20:01 - 7 posts
"Adam is a Hottie"---FFF Version
Mon, June 27, 2016 19:26 - 783 posts
Sending A Wave - the UK "Firefly"/"SERENITY" podcast
Sat, June 25, 2016 20:50 - 23 posts
"Star Trek" actor Anton Yelchin dead at 27
Sat, June 25, 2016 17:50 - 11 posts
The NEW newb Welcome Mat thread...
Sat, June 25, 2016 16:41 - 151 posts
The free Serenity comic book from 5/7.
Sat, June 25, 2016 10:23 - 29 posts
CAPTION TIGHTPANTS: Aim to Misbehave #78
Thu, June 23, 2016 19:19 - 46 posts
What's Your Favorite Scene or Dialogue in Jaynestown?
Thu, June 23, 2016 09:16 - 3 posts
Matrix vs. Firefly
Wed, June 22, 2016 19:10 - 44 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL