GENERAL DISCUSSIONS

Firefly made me do it.

POSTED BY: SLIP
UPDATED: Monday, May 8, 2006 07:52
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 2294
PAGE 1 of 2

Sunday, April 23, 2006 12:59 AM

SLIP


Today, I caught myself singing 'Hero of Canton' in the shower. I think I want a Jayne hat. I suddenly have a thing for suspenders. This is normal for a Browncoat, right?








NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 1:05 AM

BOOKADDICT


Very normal.

Soon you will be using words like gorram, shiny and problematic. Then you'll make witty quotes that no-one exceptfellow Browncoats will understand.

Yep very normal.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 1:06 AM

AGATSU


...THE HEEEEEEROOO OF CANTON, THE MAN THEY CAAAAAAAALL JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYNE...

Oh, sorry, you been saying something?
I met one of my best friends yesterday, for the first time in a year or so. She moved to California, studied at CalArts and has been working first on Futurama and now on The Simpsons, how cool is that?
Anyways, she wrote me an email that she's coming, and I went "Shiny!" in my reply, and she's like "YOU'RE WATCHING FIREFLY?", and when I met her yesterday we were quoting all the time, and yes, we sang.
Well, "sang".
The three friends at the birthday sit-in we were attending gave us funny looks, but then again, I gave one of them the Firefly box for her birthday (she used to be my first girlfriend ever, btw, looong time ago), because I knew she wanted to watch it, and her roommate is looking forward to it, too. I'm finally gonna have some browncoat friends here. There'll be lots of "Hero of Canton" singing, I assure you. In fact, I'ma do it right now.

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYNE! The man they call JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYNE! He took from the rich and he gave to the poor, stood up to the man..."

One day.
One mission.
One army of Browncoats.

On June 23rd, we aim to misbehave.
http://serenityjune23rd.com/

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 1:39 AM

NUCLEARDAY


No, that's certainly abnormal behaviour. We're certainly not "those" kind of fans...

Oh no, wait. Yes, yes we are

________________________________________________
You can take my hope when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 1:50 AM

SOFI


you have no idea how often that happens to me! like the other day i was sharing my sisters room on holiday and we were having girly chats as you do... and then i just started singing it because it was in my head and she was just like 'sofi! what is that song?!"

shes so uninformed...

but then i had to explain what it was... she was just like 'oh sofi... how sad you are.' but its not sad right? its normal, right?? right??!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"the legs. oh, yeah. definitely have to say it was her legs. you can put that down. her legs and where her legs meet her back. in fact, that whole area. and... above it..."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 1:50 AM

SOFI


you have no idea how often that happens to me! like the other day i was sharing my sisters room on holiday and we were having girly chats as you do... and then i just started singing it because it was in my head and she was just like 'sofi! what is that song?!"

shes so uninformed...

but then i had to explain what it was... she was just like 'oh sofi... how sad you are.' but its not sad right? its normal, right?? right??!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"the legs. oh, yeah. definitely have to say it was her legs. you can put that down. her legs and where her legs meet her back. in fact, that whole area. and... above it..."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 1:50 AM

SOFI


you have no idea how often that happens to me! like the other day i was sharing my sisters room on holiday and we were having girly chats as you do... and then i just started singing it because it was in my head and she was just like 'sofi! what is that song?!"

shes so uninformed...

but then i had to explain what it was... she was just like 'oh sofi... how sad you are.' but its not sad right? its normal, right?? right??!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"the legs. oh, yeah. definitely have to say it was her legs. you can put that down. her legs and where her legs meet her back. in fact, that whole area. and... above it..."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 1:50 AM

SOFI


you have no idea how often that happens to me! like the other day i was sharing my sisters room on holiday and we were having girly chats as you do... and then i just started singing it because it was in my head and she was just like 'sofi! what is that song?!"

shes so uninformed...

but then i had to explain what it was... she was just like 'oh sofi... how sad you are.' but its not sad right? its normal, right?? right??!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"the legs. oh, yeah. definitely have to say it was her legs. you can put that down. her legs and where her legs meet her back. in fact, that whole area. and... above it..."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 1:50 AM

SOFI


you have no idea how often that happens to me! like the other day i was sharing my sisters room on holiday and we were having girly chats as you do... and then i just started singing it because it was in my head and she was just like 'sofi! what is that song?!"

shes so uninformed...

but then i had to explain what it was... she was just like 'oh sofi... how sad you are.' but its not sad right? its normal, right?? right??!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"the legs. oh, yeah. definitely have to say it was her legs. you can put that down. her legs and where her legs meet her back. in fact, that whole area. and... above it..."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 1:50 AM

SOFI


you have no idea how often that happens to me! like the other day i was sharing my sisters room on holiday and we were having girly chats as you do... and then i just started singing it because it was in my head and she was just like 'sofi! what is that song?!"

shes so uninformed...

but then i had to explain what it was... she was just like 'oh sofi... how sad you are.' but its not sad right? its normal, right?? right??!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"the legs. oh, yeah. definitely have to say it was her legs. you can put that down. her legs and where her legs meet her back. in fact, that whole area. and... above it..."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 2:36 AM

SIMONB


Gorram straight it's normal - it's them other folks that's outta the loop. Gotta pity them, that they don't have what we do.

Better keep spreading that signal, there's a lot of folks out there that don't know what they're missing....

Our love for him now ain't hard to explain, the hero of canton, the man they call JAAAAYYYNNNNEEEEE

(ahem)

- Shiny. Let's be bad guys.

That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 2:49 AM

SOFI


=D that makes me feel better.

ive been lending my dvd to all my friends and they all seem to like it! but not quite at levels that i take it...

the only problem is that i really miss my dvds when i dont have them... i need my daily dose of firefly!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"the legs. oh, yeah. definitely have to say it was her legs. you can put that down. her legs and where her legs meet her back. in fact, that whole area. and... above it..."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 2:49 AM

SOFI


=D that makes me feel better.

ive been lending my dvd to all my friends and they all seem to like it! but not quite at levels that i take it...

the only problem is that i really miss my dvds when i dont have them... i need my daily dose of firefly!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"the legs. oh, yeah. definitely have to say it was her legs. you can put that down. her legs and where her legs meet her back. in fact, that whole area. and... above it..."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 2:49 AM

SOFI


=D that makes me feel better.

ive been lending my dvd to all my friends and they all seem to like it! but not quite at levels that i take it...

the only problem is that i really miss my dvds when i dont have them... i need my daily dose of firefly!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"the legs. oh, yeah. definitely have to say it was her legs. you can put that down. her legs and where her legs meet her back. in fact, that whole area. and... above it..."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 2:49 AM

SOFI


=D that makes me feel better.

ive been lending my dvd to all my friends and they all seem to like it! but not quite at levels that i take it...

the only problem is that i really miss my dvds when i dont have them... i need my daily dose of firefly!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"the legs. oh, yeah. definitely have to say it was her legs. you can put that down. her legs and where her legs meet her back. in fact, that whole area. and... above it..."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 2:49 AM

SOFI


=D that makes me feel better.

ive been lending my dvd to all my friends and they all seem to like it! but not quite at levels that i take it...

the only problem is that i really miss my dvds when i dont have them... i need my daily dose of firefly!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"the legs. oh, yeah. definitely have to say it was her legs. you can put that down. her legs and where her legs meet her back. in fact, that whole area. and... above it..."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 2:49 AM

SOFI


=D that makes me feel better.

ive been lending my dvd to all my friends and they all seem to like it! but not quite at levels that i take it...

the only problem is that i really miss my dvds when i dont have them... i need my daily dose of firefly!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"the legs. oh, yeah. definitely have to say it was her legs. you can put that down. her legs and where her legs meet her back. in fact, that whole area. and... above it..."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 2:52 AM

ZISKER


I forget where I originally saw this, but it's on my AIM Profile now:


Obsessed? Says who? I am not obsessed. Obsessed I am not. I can stop watching my DVD’s of Firefly anytime I want. I can also stop going to see Serenity in theaters. I just chose not to. It’s my choice and I can do whatever I want with it. I chose memorize every line in every episode of Firefly. I chose to live inside a movie theater so I can catch every showing of Serenity. I chose to sing “The Hero of Canton” song all the time. I chose to rub soup in my hair. It has nothing to do with an unhealthy obsession with the show, the movie, Nathan Fillion, Gina Torres, Alan Tudyk, Morena Baccarin, Adam Baldwin, Jewel Staite, Sean Maher, Summer Glau, Ron Glass, Chiwetel Ejiofor, or Master, I mean Joss Whedon. What? Who said that? No one, it was the sound of sanity.



. . .that pretty much sums up my attitude as I sit here in my Serenity T-shirt, Jayne hat at hand and Firefly playing on the television while I do the finishing touches on a June 23 - related website. Now all I need is to register for that course in Cantonese and get that tattoo

One day.
One plan.
One army of Browncoats.

On June 23rd, we aim to misbehave.
http://www.SerenityJune23rd.com
(Help spread the Signal! Email me at seiryuu_@hotmail.com)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 3:13 AM

RESE



"and so it begins . . . . "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Radar" Rese

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 3:23 AM

RACH




Yeah, but it's the most beautiful thing in the world when you just into slip 'versespeak accidentally ...and SOMEONE NOTICES.

And there's that raised eyebrow and smile.

x

One day.
One mission.
One army of Browncoats.

On June 23rd, we aim to misbehave.

www.serenityjune23rd.com
www.straightfromthehorsesmouth.co.uk/firefly

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 12:11 PM

DEEPGIRL187


Soon you will talk obessively about the show all the time, and your family will look at you like you're crazy. Never mind them. They've been too indoctrinated by the Alliance to understand.

At last.
We can retire and give up
this life of crime.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 12:14 PM

SOFI


Quote:

Obsessed? Says who? I am not obsessed. Obsessed I am not. I can stop watching my DVD’s of Firefly anytime I want. I can also stop going to see Serenity in theaters. I just chose not to. It’s my choice and I can do whatever I want with it. I chose memorize every line in every episode of Firefly. I chose to live inside a movie theater so I can catch every showing of Serenity. I chose to sing “The Hero of Canton” song all the time. I chose to rub soup in my hair. It has nothing to do with an unhealthy obsession with the show, the movie, Nathan Fillion, Gina Torres, Alan Tudyk, Morena Baccarin, Adam Baldwin, Jewel Staite, Sean Maher, Summer Glau, Ron Glass, Chiwetel Ejiofor, or Master, I mean Joss Whedon. What? Who said that? No one, it was the sound of sanity.


heh! thats really funny zisker! can i steal?? =D and SO true!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"the legs. oh, yeah. definitely have to say it was her legs. you can put that down. her legs and where her legs meet her back. in fact, that whole area. and... above it..."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 12:14 PM

SOFI


Quote:

Obsessed? Says who? I am not obsessed. Obsessed I am not. I can stop watching my DVD’s of Firefly anytime I want. I can also stop going to see Serenity in theaters. I just chose not to. It’s my choice and I can do whatever I want with it. I chose memorize every line in every episode of Firefly. I chose to live inside a movie theater so I can catch every showing of Serenity. I chose to sing “The Hero of Canton” song all the time. I chose to rub soup in my hair. It has nothing to do with an unhealthy obsession with the show, the movie, Nathan Fillion, Gina Torres, Alan Tudyk, Morena Baccarin, Adam Baldwin, Jewel Staite, Sean Maher, Summer Glau, Ron Glass, Chiwetel Ejiofor, or Master, I mean Joss Whedon. What? Who said that? No one, it was the sound of sanity.


heh! thats really funny zisker! can i steal?? =D and SO true!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"the legs. oh, yeah. definitely have to say it was her legs. you can put that down. her legs and where her legs meet her back. in fact, that whole area. and... above it..."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 12:14 PM

SOFI


Quote:

Obsessed? Says who? I am not obsessed. Obsessed I am not. I can stop watching my DVD’s of Firefly anytime I want. I can also stop going to see Serenity in theaters. I just chose not to. It’s my choice and I can do whatever I want with it. I chose memorize every line in every episode of Firefly. I chose to live inside a movie theater so I can catch every showing of Serenity. I chose to sing “The Hero of Canton” song all the time. I chose to rub soup in my hair. It has nothing to do with an unhealthy obsession with the show, the movie, Nathan Fillion, Gina Torres, Alan Tudyk, Morena Baccarin, Adam Baldwin, Jewel Staite, Sean Maher, Summer Glau, Ron Glass, Chiwetel Ejiofor, or Master, I mean Joss Whedon. What? Who said that? No one, it was the sound of sanity.


heh! thats really funny zisker! can i steal?? =D and SO true!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"the legs. oh, yeah. definitely have to say it was her legs. you can put that down. her legs and where her legs meet her back. in fact, that whole area. and... above it..."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 12:14 PM

SOFI


Quote:

Obsessed? Says who? I am not obsessed. Obsessed I am not. I can stop watching my DVD’s of Firefly anytime I want. I can also stop going to see Serenity in theaters. I just chose not to. It’s my choice and I can do whatever I want with it. I chose memorize every line in every episode of Firefly. I chose to live inside a movie theater so I can catch every showing of Serenity. I chose to sing “The Hero of Canton” song all the time. I chose to rub soup in my hair. It has nothing to do with an unhealthy obsession with the show, the movie, Nathan Fillion, Gina Torres, Alan Tudyk, Morena Baccarin, Adam Baldwin, Jewel Staite, Sean Maher, Summer Glau, Ron Glass, Chiwetel Ejiofor, or Master, I mean Joss Whedon. What? Who said that? No one, it was the sound of sanity.


heh! thats really funny zisker! can i steal?? =D and SO true!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"the legs. oh, yeah. definitely have to say it was her legs. you can put that down. her legs and where her legs meet her back. in fact, that whole area. and... above it..."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 12:14 PM

SOFI


Quote:

Obsessed? Says who? I am not obsessed. Obsessed I am not. I can stop watching my DVD’s of Firefly anytime I want. I can also stop going to see Serenity in theaters. I just chose not to. It’s my choice and I can do whatever I want with it. I chose memorize every line in every episode of Firefly. I chose to live inside a movie theater so I can catch every showing of Serenity. I chose to sing “The Hero of Canton” song all the time. I chose to rub soup in my hair. It has nothing to do with an unhealthy obsession with the show, the movie, Nathan Fillion, Gina Torres, Alan Tudyk, Morena Baccarin, Adam Baldwin, Jewel Staite, Sean Maher, Summer Glau, Ron Glass, Chiwetel Ejiofor, or Master, I mean Joss Whedon. What? Who said that? No one, it was the sound of sanity.


heh! thats really funny zisker! can i steal?? =D and SO true!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"the legs. oh, yeah. definitely have to say it was her legs. you can put that down. her legs and where her legs meet her back. in fact, that whole area. and... above it..."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 12:14 PM

SOFI


Quote:

Obsessed? Says who? I am not obsessed. Obsessed I am not. I can stop watching my DVD’s of Firefly anytime I want. I can also stop going to see Serenity in theaters. I just chose not to. It’s my choice and I can do whatever I want with it. I chose memorize every line in every episode of Firefly. I chose to live inside a movie theater so I can catch every showing of Serenity. I chose to sing “The Hero of Canton” song all the time. I chose to rub soup in my hair. It has nothing to do with an unhealthy obsession with the show, the movie, Nathan Fillion, Gina Torres, Alan Tudyk, Morena Baccarin, Adam Baldwin, Jewel Staite, Sean Maher, Summer Glau, Ron Glass, Chiwetel Ejiofor, or Master, I mean Joss Whedon. What? Who said that? No one, it was the sound of sanity.


heh! thats really funny zisker! can i steal?? =D and SO true!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"the legs. oh, yeah. definitely have to say it was her legs. you can put that down. her legs and where her legs meet her back. in fact, that whole area. and... above it..."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 12:33 PM

ZISKER


Well, I stole it . . .so I can't really say no . . .

One day.
One plan.
One army of Browncoats.

On June 23rd, we aim to misbehave.
http://www.serenityday.org/

Little or no free time, but want to help?
Help Spread the Signal: http://www.geocities.com/browncoatsignalcorps

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 12:34 PM

SLIP


"They've been too indoctrinated by the Alliance to understand."

Ha! I knew it! We'll soon fix them. Enlightenment my toosh. They don't know what they're missing.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 12:37 PM

KAYLEESTHEGREATEST


I got in a fight with my brother and used every manner of firefly lingo even the chinease

Someday the verse will spit in your soup but at least they gave you soup.
one day
one plan
one mission
one army of browncoats
june 23rd serenity day

-Our mission as browncoats is to make us known.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 12:42 PM

SAMEERTIA


What? I was singing Hero of Canton in the shower just this morning.
There something wrong with that?

And I NEVER spend all day on a gorgeous sunny Sunday indoors reading Firefly fanfiction. Nope. Never.
err
almost never?

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 6:20 PM

VINTERDRAKEN


Well, havent caught myself singing the Hero of Canton in the shower yet (although I usually sing along during the episode when I watch it) I have however found myself cussing in chinese instead of swedish or english and also I sometimes find myself singing the main theme when out walking or in other inappropriate places (like waiting in line at the store)

You can’t stop the Signal.
Keep spreading the word about Firefly!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 6:20 PM

VINTERDRAKEN


Well, havent caught myself singing the Hero of Canton in the shower yet (although I usually sing along during the episode when I watch it) I have however found myself cussing in chinese instead of swedish or english and also I sometimes find myself singing the main theme when out walking or in other inappropriate places (like waiting in line at the store)

You can’t stop the Signal.
Keep spreading the word about Firefly!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 6:20 PM

VINTERDRAKEN


Well, havent caught myself singing the Hero of Canton in the shower yet (although I usually sing along during the episode when I watch it) I have however found myself cussing in chinese instead of swedish or english and also I sometimes find myself singing the main theme when out walking or in other inappropriate places (like waiting in line at the store)

You can’t stop the Signal.
Keep spreading the word about Firefly!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 6:20 PM

VINTERDRAKEN


Well, havent caught myself singing the Hero of Canton in the shower yet (although I usually sing along during the episode when I watch it) I have however found myself cussing in chinese instead of swedish or english and also I sometimes find myself singing the main theme when out walking or in other inappropriate places (like waiting in line at the store)

You can’t stop the Signal.
Keep spreading the word about Firefly!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 6:20 PM

VINTERDRAKEN


Well, havent caught myself singing the Hero of Canton in the shower yet (although I usually sing along during the episode when I watch it) I have however found myself cussing in chinese instead of swedish or english and also I sometimes find myself singing the main theme when out walking or in other inappropriate places (like waiting in line at the store)

You can’t stop the Signal.
Keep spreading the word about Firefly!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 6:20 PM

VINTERDRAKEN


Well, havent caught myself singing the Hero of Canton in the shower yet (although I usually sing along during the episode when I watch it) I have however found myself cussing in chinese instead of swedish or english and also I sometimes find myself singing the main theme when out walking or in other inappropriate places (like waiting in line at the store)

You can’t stop the Signal.
Keep spreading the word about Firefly!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 8:03 PM

FLORALBUNNY


My favorite is to say "Shiny!" (in an appropriate context, of course, so they don't send those guys with a net after me) at the store or some other public place and see who reacts. It can be surprising!

If I began to sing, I am sure I'd be in terrible trouble. But you haven't heard me sing, so that's hard to explain, which rhymes with Jayne, oh dear, it's starting in again...

The Hero of Canton,
The man they call Jaaaaaaaaaaaayne!



bun
-- bastards singed my turtle --
----- why's the rum gone? -----

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 8:07 PM

VINTERDRAKEN


Im not the finest of singers, (except when im drunk, honestly ive asked the innocent bystanders), but somehow it just feels ok when I sing the Firefly Theme

You can’t stop the Signal.
Keep spreading the word about Firefly!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 8:07 PM

VINTERDRAKEN


Im not the finest of singers, (except when im drunk, honestly ive asked the innocent bystanders), but somehow it just feels ok when I sing the Firefly Theme

You can’t stop the Signal.
Keep spreading the word about Firefly!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 8:07 PM

VINTERDRAKEN


Im not the finest of singers, (except when im drunk, honestly ive asked the innocent bystanders), but somehow it just feels ok when I sing the Firefly Theme

You can’t stop the Signal.
Keep spreading the word about Firefly!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 8:07 PM

VINTERDRAKEN


Im not the finest of singers, (except when im drunk, honestly ive asked the innocent bystanders), but somehow it just feels ok when I sing the Firefly Theme

You can’t stop the Signal.
Keep spreading the word about Firefly!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 8:07 PM

VINTERDRAKEN


Im not the finest of singers, (except when im drunk, honestly ive asked the innocent bystanders), but somehow it just feels ok when I sing the Firefly Theme

You can’t stop the Signal.
Keep spreading the word about Firefly!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 8:07 PM

VINTERDRAKEN


Im not the finest of singers, (except when im drunk, honestly ive asked the innocent bystanders), but somehow it just feels ok when I sing the Firefly Theme

You can’t stop the Signal.
Keep spreading the word about Firefly!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 8:11 PM

EMMAZULE


If I've recently watched Firefly or am cruisin' boards like this, I talk in southern-y slang. I don't say "you guys", I say "y'all". I don't say "people", I say "folk". I occasionally refer to my food as "problematic" and once in a while will say "shiny" instead of "cool" when speaking to a friend who isn't (probably) into Firefly/Serenity. I use the word "mite" instead of "slightly". And I drop a mite large amount of my g's from my verbs. ;)

I VERY frequently get The Ballad of Serenity or the Hero of Canton stuck in my head. I don't know all of Hero of Canton, but I'm workin' on fixin' that.

Then again, I am always having a song stuck in my head. Matter of fact, it's apparently normal for people to have a song stuck in their head a lot of the time.

We've had music and dance and presumably singing as a part of human culture for countless thousands of years (we're talkin', they've found drums dating to the ice age, here!); way deep down it's a part of our very souls; it's in our blood, in every fiber of our being, in every synapse that fires and every breath we take; an entire section of Mankind's Mass Unconscious... and also pretty gorram catchy. Especially Hero of Canton! :P

All of which translates to, "Well, OK. So now I have totally and utterly got Hero of Canton stuck in my head. Mmm... I should watch Jaynestown again tommorow! Yeah!"



It's also natural for any subculture to have its own lingo, it's own set of "secret handshakes" if you will, and even sometimes its own clothing styles.

Which is part of why I find Browncoats so fascinating, and why I feel so excited to be one - it's a subculture!

Think about it: the Serenity Tees and Jayne Cobb hats and brown dusters = Browncoat subculture's recognizable clothing types.

The lingo: Browncoats speak a whole seperate dialect of English, most of which won't exist for a few centuries more, so to speak. Browncoats don't say "cool". "Cool" is so un-Browncoaty. REAL Browncoats say "shiny". Horrible/evil totalitarian regimes or overly-clean environments are "Alliance".

Anybody but a Browncoat will tell you "flan" is a dessert; anybody but a Browncoat will think "gorram" is a misspelling or some weird German word. Nobody but a Browncoat (or someone intimately acquainted with one) knows who the Big Damn Heroes are or what BDH or BDM stand for. Only Browncoats will giggle loudest if you say "I swallowed a bug" or "curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal", and only Browncoats will get the slight urge to tear up at the phrase "leaf on the wind". A Shepherd, to a Browncoat, does not herd sheep, 'verse doesn't just refer to songs and poems, and a Companion is more than somebody you happen to be with at the time.

Isn't it cool to know there's a sociological term for this that is pretty much completely nonjudgmental?

Seriously though... embrace it, my friend. It's more fun that way. Be at peace with your inner Browncoat. Be at peace with your sociological connections. Be One With The 03-K64.

And if you got that last joke, you're beyond being able to pull out, anyway!


~Emma

"I swallowed a bug."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 8:15 PM

VINTERDRAKEN


I actaully took to start using "I am a leaf in the Wind, watch me Soar" as a way to calm myself before things that I though could end badly. It really works well, for me atleast.

You can’t stop the Signal.
Keep spreading the word about Firefly!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 8:15 PM

VINTERDRAKEN


I actaully took to start using "I am a leaf in the Wind, watch me Soar" as a way to calm myself before things that I though could end badly. It really works well, for me atleast.

You can’t stop the Signal.
Keep spreading the word about Firefly!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 8:15 PM

VINTERDRAKEN


I actaully took to start using "I am a leaf in the Wind, watch me Soar" as a way to calm myself before things that I though could end badly. It really works well, for me atleast.

You can’t stop the Signal.
Keep spreading the word about Firefly!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 8:15 PM

VINTERDRAKEN


I actaully took to start using "I am a leaf in the Wind, watch me Soar" as a way to calm myself before things that I though could end badly. It really works well, for me atleast.

You can’t stop the Signal.
Keep spreading the word about Firefly!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 8:15 PM

VINTERDRAKEN


I actaully took to start using "I am a leaf in the Wind, watch me Soar" as a way to calm myself before things that I though could end badly. It really works well, for me atleast.

You can’t stop the Signal.
Keep spreading the word about Firefly!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 8:15 PM

VINTERDRAKEN


I actaully took to start using "I am a leaf in the Wind, watch me Soar" as a way to calm myself before things that I though could end badly. It really works well, for me atleast.

You can’t stop the Signal.
Keep spreading the word about Firefly!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 8:24 PM

FLORALBUNNY


EmmaZule wrote:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Be One With The 03-K64.

And if you got that last joke, you're beyond being able to pull out, anyway!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh, nooooooooo! Sucked into a subculture after avoiding it all my life!

I thought I was safe because I was reading a thread (Vinterdraken is part of it) which was talking about a LARP and I didn't know what that was. It was, in a way, reassuring.

Hellllllllp meeeeeeeeeeee.......


bun
-- bastards singed my turtle --
----- why's the rum gone? -----

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 9:07 PM

SLIP


I got the 03-K64! Yeay!

But I missed the flan?

I thought singing Jayne songs in the shower was a surprising twist, but after reading everyone's replies, I am identifying more and more instances where Firefly culture is merging with my life, if not yet my wardrobe. I am a costumer though, so just give it time... give it time...


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 9:18 PM

AGATSU


Quote:

Originally posted by Vinterdraken:
I actaully took to start using "I am a leaf in the Wind, watch me Soar" as a way to calm myself before things that I though could end badly. It really works well, for me atleast.



Yeah, coz things never end up badly for people who say "I'm a leaf on the wind.". I whisper it every time I'm listening to the segment of the soundtrack on my portable mp3 player, and I get choked up most of the time.

A few days ago there was one sentence that I couldn't get out of my head. It just kept bouncing around and echoing and coming up at inappropriate times:
"We applied the cortical electrodes, but were unable to get a neural reaction from either patient.".

And Bunny, you're offering virtual foodstuff to people. There is no hope for you, I'm afraid. But it's okay because we luv ya!



One day.
One mission.
One army of Browncoats.

On June 23rd, we aim to misbehave.
http://serenityjune23rd.com/

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 9:23 PM

VINTERDRAKEN


Ok, so maybe it ended a little badly for Wash after the leaf talk. But youve got to admit he did some real fancy flying before that

You can’t stop the Signal.
Keep spreading the word about Firefly!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 9:23 PM

VINTERDRAKEN


Ok, so maybe it ended a little badly for Wash after the leaf talk. But youve got to admit he did some real fancy flying before that

You can’t stop the Signal.
Keep spreading the word about Firefly!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 9:23 PM

VINTERDRAKEN


Ok, so maybe it ended a little badly for Wash after the leaf talk. But youve got to admit he did some real fancy flying before that

You can’t stop the Signal.
Keep spreading the word about Firefly!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 9:23 PM

VINTERDRAKEN


Ok, so maybe it ended a little badly for Wash after the leaf talk. But youve got to admit he did some real fancy flying before that

You can’t stop the Signal.
Keep spreading the word about Firefly!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 9:23 PM

VINTERDRAKEN


Ok, so maybe it ended a little badly for Wash after the leaf talk. But youve got to admit he did some real fancy flying before that

You can’t stop the Signal.
Keep spreading the word about Firefly!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 9:23 PM

VINTERDRAKEN


Ok, so maybe it ended a little badly for Wash after the leaf talk. But youve got to admit he did some real fancy flying before that

You can’t stop the Signal.
Keep spreading the word about Firefly!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 9:30 PM

EMMAZULE


Quote:

Originally posted by Slip:
I got the 03-K64! Yeay!

But I missed the flan?



It was a verbal flub from Nathan, apparently - he said "Firefly flans" instead of "Firefly fans". :P (Which is actually very easy to do. As I discovered after trying to explain the in-joke to my mom, and suddenly discovered how difficult it was to say "Firefly fans" out loud if you're not careful :P)

Now, there's actually a con over in the western U.S. somewhere called "Flanvention". The next one's in December, apparently (and Jewel's gonna be there! Too bad I won't! :P)

~Emma



"I swallowed a bug."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, April 23, 2006 9:38 PM

AGATSU


Quote:

Originally posted by Vinterdraken:
Ok, so maybe it ended a little badly for Wash after the leaf talk. But youve got to admit he did some real fancy flying before that



True, true.

One day.
One mission.
One army of Browncoats.

On June 23rd, we aim to misbehave.
http://serenityjune23rd.com/

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 12:59 PM

FLORALBUNNY


Agatsu wrote:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And Bunny, you're offering virtual foodstuff to people. There is no hope for you, I'm afraid. But it's okay because we luv ya!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A virtual army travels on its virtual stomach, does it not?
We must have our coats and our berries.
The luv is deeply appreciated, because that's what keeps her in the air and makes her a home.

I am truly over the edge, fallen....
(though still innocent of LARP)

bun
-- bastards singed my turtle --
----- why's the rum gone? -----

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 1:12 PM

DONCOAT


You know, if some car company came out with a model 03-K64, I would so buy one.

Even if it didn't have a standard radeon accelerator core.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't disagree on any particular point.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 1:32 PM

DASHBOARDDINO


I grew up in Georgia. Twice, my Baptist-Pentecostal family owned chickens. When I was three years old I fell in love with Johnny Cash and professed my intention to grow up and marry a cowboy. There's more, but it's just odd. I spent years learning how to reattach the "g's" to my word endings and making "isn't" my default negative to-be verb. It took some doing to train myself to say "about to," as in "I'm about to go to the store" instead of "fixin' to go to the store." The only time I reverted back to my original tongue was during family gatherings.

Then I saw Firefly.

You know, one reason I connect with that show is, it just feels like home. The characters remind me of people I've known, or might know. They remind me of parts of myself.

But when you catch yourself saying "Gorram backbirth!" in traffic a lot, you know you're hopeless. Or when you get real nervous in the pharmacy because it looks like Alliance territory, that's pretty much it.

I can't watch the "Wash incident" without holding somebody's hand. How's that for hopeless?

DD


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 1:32 PM

DASHBOARDDINO


I grew up in Georgia. Twice, my Baptist-Pentecostal family owned chickens. When I was three years old I fell in love with Johnny Cash and professed my intention to grow up and marry a cowboy. There's more, but it's just odd. I spent years learning how to reattach the "g's" to my word endings and making "isn't" my default negative to-be verb. It took some doing to train myself to say "about to," as in "I'm about to go to the store" instead of "fixin' to go to the store." The only time I reverted back to my original tongue was during family gatherings.

Then I saw Firefly.

You know, one reason I connect with that show is, it just feels like home. The characters remind me of people I've known, or might know. They remind me of parts of myself.

But when you catch yourself saying "Gorram backbirth!" in traffic a lot, you know you're hopeless. Or when you get real nervous in the pharmacy because it looks like Alliance territory, that's pretty much it.

I can't watch the "Wash incident" without holding somebody's hand. How's that for hopeless?

DD


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 5:54 PM

FLORALBUNNY


DonCoat wrote:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You know, if some car company came out with a model 03-K64, I would so buy one.

Even if it didn't have a standard radeon accelerator core.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Even if it had a Capissen 38 engine?




bun
-- bastards crashed my turtle --
----- why's the rum gone? -----

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 2:34 AM

DONCOAT


Quote:

Originally posted by FloralBunny:
DonCoat wrote:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You know, if some car company came out with a model 03-K64, I would so buy one.

Even if it didn't have a standard radeon accelerator core.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Even if it had a Capissen 38 engine?

Well, maybe... but I wouldn't drive it across any high bridges.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't disagree on any particular point.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 2:47 AM

INCONGRESSWITHTHEBEAST


I think it's even worse when you know other browncoats in "real life". I'm good friends with another browncoat (also a poster here) and every conversation we have just dissolves into a mishmash of firefly quotes and dialogue. We get very odd looks when we're out in Public together.

She teases me for wearing eastern/Inara style clothing. I tease her for wearing lots of brown and decorating her locker at work the way Kaylee decorated the door to her room. Does that make us weird?

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 2:50 AM

AGATSU


Quote:

Originally posted by incongresswiththebeast:
I think it's even worse when you know other browncoats in "real life". I'm good friends with another browncoat (also a poster here) and every conversation we have just dissolves into a mishmash of firefly quotes and dialogue. We get very odd looks when we're out in Public together.

She teases me for wearing eastern/Inara style clothing. I tease her for wearing lots of brown and decorating her locker at work the way Kaylee decorated the door to her room. Does that make us weird?



No, that makes me wanna date the two of you.

One day.
One mission.
One army of Browncoats.

On June 23rd, we aim to misbehave.
http://serenityjune23rd.com/

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 2:55 AM

GRIZWALD


Now that I'm finally able to sit down and go through all of the new Battlestar Galactica in order, I'm mixing my metaphors horribly.

Yesterday my boss called me to ASK me if I would PLEASE agree to changing my work pool around so I'd be working for two hospitals at once instead of mostly just one, and all I could think of was Starbuck dressing down Apollo because he was being too nice... that he can just TELL people what to do and they have to do it. I gave her the toned-down, no-sci-fi talk version of Starbuck's rant.

____________________________________________________
They could not take the sky from them -
Our Big Damn Heroes made a film!
I'm gonna see Serenity then
go back the next morning and see it again.
Cuz no one at Fox knew this show had no equal
C'mon Universal, and greenlight the sequel!

Click on my profile for my Annoyingly Long List of Firefly Links.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 2:58 AM

INCONGRESSWITHTHEBEAST


Quote:

No, that makes me wanna date the two of you.


I'm spoken for, but desktophippie is single

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 3:20 AM

AGATSU


What, I have to settle with just ONE again?
Darn.


One day.
One mission.
One army of Browncoats.

On June 23rd, we aim to misbehave.
http://serenityjune23rd.com/

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 3:36 AM

GRIZWALD


Quote:

She teases me for wearing eastern/Inara style clothing.


I think I'd enjoy rummaging through your closet. I love it too. Nothing like a nice silk salwar lengha to make a girl feel gorgeous.

____________________________________________________
They could not take the sky from them -
Our Big Damn Heroes made a film!
I'm gonna see Serenity then
go back the next morning and see it again.
Cuz no one at Fox knew this show had no equal
C'mon Universal, and greenlight the sequel!

Click on my profile for my Annoyingly Long List of Firefly Links.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 3:55 AM

AGATSU


I'll be in my bunk.

One day.
One mission.
One army of Browncoats.

On June 23rd, we aim to misbehave.
http://serenityjune23rd.com/

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 12:54 PM

FLORALBUNNY


DonCoat,
After reading the exchange that followed your posting, I've concluded that anything I could post in answer to you at the end of that would be utterly useless.


bun, picturing Agatsu in bunk...
-- bastards singed my turtle --
----- why's the rum gone? -----

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 2:30 PM

MORWEN112


Don't worry, Slip. It's perfectly normal if'n you know the right people *coughdevotedfanscough*

I put Firefly reference into a poem I had to write for English class just last week. I don't think my teacher will know, though.

I use quotes all the time, too. And the sad thing is...they actually pertain to the situation...and I don't even realise it at the time.

So I say, go ahead- be passionate about it (some would say obsessive but whatever). Life is too short to worry about people who are too self-conscious to let themselves be slightly apart from the crowd of "normality"...well, maybe more than slightly apart.

Sorry if that seemed a little preachy- I'm just tired of people telling me how pitiful I am for being obsessed with Firefly/Lord of the Rings/Harry Potter...etc....

The Hero of Canton, the man they call JAAAAAAAAAYNE!!!!!

New to the 'verse but ready and more than willing to learn.

Morwen

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 2:41 PM

BOWIE


Its just an object,
I doesn't mean what you think,
Things are just things,
Till someone comes,
Then imagination sticks its nose in,
Turns harmless into harmful,
Innocent into worldly.

What is it, a stick shaped like a gun,
Or a gun laying on the ground,
Who can say but River,
She understands,
She simply doesn't comprehend,
How can anyone embrace within limits,
Take the world at one glance?

Much better to flow away,
Taking the sticks and stones along,
Making them new and smooth,
bringing them to calmer waters,
Were they will bother us no more.
Its just an object,
it doesn't mean what you think.

If you play Nationstates.net check out the region Firefly.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 3:37 PM

SLIP


People who have imaginations tend to upset people who don't...but we have more fun :) I'm not concerned about what other people think of my new found devotion to Firefly. If it's not their thing, well fine, if it is - shindig time!

Film and TV are just another way of telling a story, another form of artistic and creative expression. "Some people juggle geese". I love books, art and theatre too, but among all the things I am passionate about, Firefly is unique. It's special and it deserves to be celebrated.

Also, I want a bumper sticker that says "Suspenders Are Sexy". Teehee :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, April 27, 2006 6:28 AM

DONCOAT


Quote:

Originally posted by FloralBunny:
DonCoat,
After reading the exchange that followed your posting, I've concluded that anything I could post in answer to you at the end of that would be utterly useless.

No doubt. Hope you enjoyed the funny, at least...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't disagree on any particular point.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, April 27, 2006 7:12 AM

CYBERSNARK


I've apparently started using "I'm not a total backbirth" so often that it seems normal to coworkers & family (most of whom seem to expect me to be an idiot ).

-----
We applied the cortical electrodes but were unable to get a neural reaction from either patient.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, April 27, 2006 7:32 AM

FUTUREMRSFILLION


Morwen

My peeps and I were such fans of LOTR that we all have names.

I was Taragorn.

Embrace the embraceable! Thats what I always say. Or I would if I have a saying, and someone asked me to say it!

One summer.
One mission.
One army of Browncoats.

And a bunch of Rings that make Shiny people do silly things!

Starting June 23rd, we aim to misbehave!



Nathan doesn't know it yet, but I am his one true love! Is that weird?
(he will believe, he will believe)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, April 27, 2006 8:15 AM

WILLYDSTYLE


I've gotten a non-firefly watcher to start using "shiny" because it's an awesome word. My friends and I are going to dress up as the crew for halloween :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, April 27, 2006 9:34 AM

FLORALBUNNY


DonCoat wrote:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you enjoyed the funny, at least...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, indeed. Yes. Always enjoy the funny.

No high bridges around here, anyway, unless you take a train. ....always wonder what kind of engine *they* are running....



bun
~6/23~Serenity/Firefly Summer~9/30~
----- why's the rum gone? -----

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, April 27, 2006 4:59 PM

MORWEN112


I like you LOTR name, FutureMrsFillion. Wayyy back in middle school, people called me Merry and my best friend Pippin. We've sort of lost touch since we went to different schools after, but anytime we get together, we still call each other that!

And the funny is specifically there to be enjoyed!

New to the 'verse but ready and more than willing to learn.

Morwen

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
76th Independent Battalion Part 46
Thu, April 17, 2014 09:23 - 246 posts
"Adam is a Hottie"---FFF Version
Thu, April 17, 2014 03:07 - 281 posts
After all this time, which side are you on now?
Wed, April 16, 2014 14:17 - 51 posts
Adam Baldwin
Mon, April 14, 2014 19:30 - 17 posts
Captian America, Joss Whedon, Pressure
Mon, April 14, 2014 11:25 - 8 posts
I have met many.
Mon, April 14, 2014 11:05 - 16 posts
SECOND
Sun, April 13, 2014 08:14 - 97 posts
Is Chat down again?
Sat, April 12, 2014 12:14 - 24 posts
THE OTHER SHINY CAPTION GAME Round #131!!!
Fri, April 11, 2014 19:29 - 21 posts
FFO
Fri, April 11, 2014 14:48 - 3 posts
I wanna do this one more time: Was Mal wrong when he shot that surrendering guy in Serenity?
Fri, April 11, 2014 14:14 - 47 posts
Minneapolis Comic Con
Fri, April 11, 2014 09:47 - 11 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL

OUR SPONSORS