Sign Up | Log In
So, what are your opinions of the DVD???
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 12:28 PM
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 12:48 PM
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 1:33 PM
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 1:35 PM
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 1:43 PM
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 2:23 PM
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 2:28 PM
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 4:06 PM
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 4:48 PM
Quote:2. I think the clarity of the colour is too dark compared to theatres. I'm not sure if it's just me, so if any of you out there have the same problems, chime in.
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 5:11 PM
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 5:24 PM
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 5:46 PM
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 5:49 PM
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 5:51 PM
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 5:56 PM
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 5:59 PM
Quote:Originally posted by Buckaroo:
Video and audio are pretty much flawless, as near as I can tell -- extras are adequate, would've wished more (still working on viewing 'em all). Why didn't we get the same expanded extras the Aussies got, dang it? Should we expect a double-dip?
My only complaint has been discussed elsewhere -- the abominable cover art. I'm waiting for someone with a talent for design to step up and do a print-yer-own version in the Blue Sun room. Any takers?
"Well, here I am..." - Jubal Early
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 6:27 PM
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 6:36 PM
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 7:45 PM
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 7:52 PM
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 8:10 PM
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 8:23 PM
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 9:08 PM
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 9:45 PM
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 2:49 AM
Quote:Originally posted by 20thCentFoxHater:
I hope there's an extended director's cut DVD like what was done for Lord of the Rings.
And finally, I think Book got the short end of the stick in the movie. When I first saw the movie and he died, I couldn't have cared less, but when I watched the show afterwards, Book became my favourite character behind Mal.
His story was so mysterious, I couldn't pass up being intrigued by him.
"I aim to misbehave."
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 2:55 AM
Quote:Originally posted by oiamslain:
There are fewer complaints than there are praises so I'll stick with them.
1) Whedon's commentary, while highly enjoyable, isn't what I was looking for. He spent most of the time talking about the lighting and camera effects, and, while interesting, I would've preferred more talk about the actors and characters. A cast commentary would've (probably) not only solved this but been a blast as well, or at least one with Fillion, who seems most apt of all to yak about the show.
2) Not enough extras! Maybe I'm being greedy, but I went through all of them in what seems like a really short amount of time. The easter egg is a gem, though.
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 4:10 AM
... fully loaded, safety off...
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 5:23 AM
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 5:56 AM
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 6:07 AM
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 6:14 AM
Down the centuries you have slurred the meaning of the words, WE THE PEOPLE...
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 8:10 AM
Quote:Originally posted by jerryt:
Being late to the verse this was the first chance I had to see the BDM.
1. I didn't like it as well as I do the series. Obviously a movie has to have more flash. The series just seemed to have a more character centric feel to it.
2. Does anybody think Kaylee looked better with a few additional pounds?
3. I think the outakes with Mal and Inara in the shuttle should have been included. They showed some of the banter those two always had in the series.
4. The DVD had a great LFE track on it. My SVS sub had a good workout. :biggrin:
5. I agree that there were times where the dialog was kind of drowned out by the music/effects and was hard to make out what they were saying.
6. I was sad to see Wash get killed, but it looks like River may have found a job on the ship now.
7. One of my favorite scenes is toward the end when Simon and Kaylee start to make out, and you see Rivers face appear in the hatch looking down at them, lol. :wink:
All in all, a nice addition to the 'Verse'. As for the missing scene with the Mal and Inara hug, maybe Joss is holding that for the BDM2.
"I'll be in my bunk"
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 8:12 AM
Quote:Originally posted by RiveR6213:
We had our Christmas party at work yesterday before everyone took off for their Christmas break. Its one of those parties where everyone has to exchange gifts, and I recieved a LOT of gifts from those morons at work this year, and I BET you guyz and galz can't guess what all of my co-workers chose to get me?
I now have 18 copies of Serenity, and 6 copies of Firefly the Complete Series Dvd!!!! What were they thinking?
I watched Serenity last night and I have to say that the lighting was really bad in certain scenes...especially the Miranda scenes. It was too bright to the point where I couldnt even see the actors! Kaylee is a beautiful character in Serenity, and she looks really good thin, but the "baby fat" that she carried with her in the Firefly series added to her perkiness, and in a way, made her more beautiful and lovable.
The DVD cover was icky, and so 70ish looking. I did like the advertisment for the new Battlestar Galactica seeing that its my new space opera and all. I felt let-down by the cut scenes.
After watching the movie, and while I was converting and burning it straight into my new ipod video, I realized that, though Serenity is a good movie, the Firefly series blows it out of the water in a very big way.
For those who are interested:
Serenity converts down nicely to MP4 format at a nice 327MB, which fits perfectly on the new ipod video. I now have ever firefly episode plus Serenity on my new ipod video. Pretty cool huh?
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 9:48 AM
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 9:51 AM
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 9:52 AM
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 10:09 AM
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 10:14 AM
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 4:58 PM
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 6:31 PM
Quote:Originally posted by 20thCentFoxHater:
3. A lot of Morena Baccarin's scenes were cut out. I know it was like this in theatres, but I saw it twice before I got the DVD, so I didn't know how much of a crucial part she had. Watching her cut scenes makes me wonder why they were cut. She's a very good actress, and those scenes would have put depth to her role for those who hadn't seen the show.
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 6:50 PM
NEW POSTS TODAY
All FIREFLY graphics and photos on this page are copyright 2002-2012 Mutant Enemy, Inc., Universal Pictures, and 20th Century Fox.
All other graphics and texts are copyright of the contributors to this website.
This website IS NOT affiliated with the Official Firefly Site, Mutant Enemy, Inc., or 20th Century Fox.