GENERAL DISCUSSIONS

No firefly in the uk till end of feb 06 :(

POSTED BY: MATTMACK
UPDATED: Saturday, December 17, 2005 09:47
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 1466
PAGE 1 of 1

Saturday, December 17, 2005 12:53 AM

MATTMACK


Play.com dont even have it listed, and amazon.co.uk have it slated for the 27th of feb!

but why the delay? by nit making it a UK XMAS release, its going to hurt sales here.

anyone know why the delay, when the US get in in 3 days time?

"if the stone hits the glass or the glass hits the stone, it ain't the stone thats gona get hurt!"

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, December 17, 2005 1:33 AM

RACOONBOY


Well, for one thing it will apparantly have better extras, and also, you aren't the only ones, us Aussies have to wait 'till Feb also.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, December 17, 2005 1:37 AM

CASUALTY


We have Firefly already! Surely you mean Serenity!? I can wait as much time as I need to, just so long as I get it eventually I'm happy.

------------
"If nothing we do means anything then the only thing that means anything is what we do"
"Bukkake, Shut up Alison!" Jonny Wallet Tourets
"Alison, don't you know this world is killing you?" - Nathan Fillion sang me a song!
"I've got £141. What you got bitch?"

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, December 17, 2005 2:26 AM

MALMALADE


Quote:

Originally posted by RacoonBoy:
Well, for one thing it will apparantly have better extras, and also, you aren't the only ones, us Aussies have to wait 'till Feb also.


You'd be better off waiting until then Aussie edition comes out which is a 2 disc version with extras that neither the UK or US edition will have. Why do they do this to us? More money I suppose!

"kiss my shiny metal ass!"

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, December 17, 2005 3:32 AM

KAZZAHDRANE


We almost always get DVDs months after the USA get them. What's your point? We were damn lucky to get the movie in cinemas just a week after the Americans, I think we can wait a little for the DVD (and more features yay!).

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, December 17, 2005 3:55 AM

MATTMACK


Quote:

Originally posted by Kazzahdrane:
We almost always get DVDs months after the USA get them. What's your point? We were damn lucky to get the movie in cinemas just a week after the Americans, I think we can wait a little for the DVD (and more features yay!).



As you seem to have missed my point, ill say it again.

It only going to hurt sales, and since the film was only a week after the USA, as you have pointed out, I would have expected the DVD to be the same. I was just a little disapointed to see its going to be 3 months after.

hopefully that clears things up abit.....

"if the stone hits the glass or the glass hits the stone, it ain't the stone thats gona get hurt!"

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, December 17, 2005 4:13 AM

KAZZAHDRANE


Of course, now Serenity won't be competing with SWIII and other blockbuster DVDs for Xmas. Hopefully February is a slow month in the UK for DVDs and Serenity gets the shelfspace it deserves.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, December 17, 2005 4:47 AM

MATTMACK


Quote:

Originally posted by Kazzahdrane:
Of course, now Serenity won't be competing with SWIII and other blockbuster DVDs for Xmas. Hopefully February is a slow month in the UK for DVDs and Serenity gets the shelfspace it deserves.



hopefully.

"if the stone hits the glass or the glass hits the stone, it ain't the stone thats gona get hurt!"

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, December 17, 2005 9:37 AM

ANONYMOUS1


Quote:

Originally posted by mattmack:
Quote:


It only going to hurt sales, and since the film was only a week after the USA, as you have pointed out, I would have expected the DVD to be the same. I was just a little disapointed to see its going to be 3 months after.



Ah, but there is the "I'm in the United States and I've got to get one of those UK versions" sales factor. And look the Australia version has a Collectors tin.

Does the UK version have a collectors tin?

Also will I be able to play the UK and Australia version on my DVD player? Read stuff about Region DVDs.

Wonder when the everything from every different version Serenity DVDs will come out.


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, December 17, 2005 9:43 AM

ANONYMOUS1


Quote:

Originally posted by MALmalade:
[BYou'd be better off waiting until then Aussie edition comes out which is a 2 disc version with extras that neither the UK or US edition will have.



Aussie version has a collectors tin!

Wait? I have plasticy money!

Quote:

Originally posted by MALmalade:
Why do they do this to us? More money I suppose!



Hmmm, I suppose they could come out with DVDs with a different actor on each cover. Like the comic book. 9 versions.

So how many versions are there going to be?

I think Gossi wrote somewhere that someone at Universal said they will only make a Serenity 2 if Serenity becomes an International DVD Best Seller. I guess Universal is trying!

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, December 17, 2005 9:47 AM

WHOISRIVER


Quote:

Originally posted by Kazzahdrane:
Of course, now Serenity won't be competing with SWIII and other blockbuster DVDs for Xmas. Hopefully February is a slow month in the UK for DVDs and Serenity gets the shelfspace it deserves.



Bingo.

It's worth noting Australia is getting the DVD in February - but they were the first country in the world to open the movie.

The UK are getting some extra content the US isn't getting.

TheInside.org - Firefly Producers NEW TV series

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
76th Independent Battalion Part 48
Sun, May 31, 2020 14:07 - 2113 posts
To any new folk, I apologize for there being incels on this board.
Wed, May 20, 2020 06:02 - 29 posts
Emoji Museum
Tue, May 19, 2020 01:16 - 69 posts
Escape From Tarkov, new hotfixes to patch 0.12.4: here are the various changes
Mon, March 30, 2020 21:12 - 1 posts
Host a CSTS 2020 Event! Registration is now Open!
Sun, March 15, 2020 13:40 - 1 posts
War Of The Worlds on Epix
Fri, March 13, 2020 10:58 - 26 posts
Real Estate...Vampire...Brides. Uh, ok?
Wed, March 4, 2020 14:46 - 1 posts
Thread of GIFs
Sun, March 1, 2020 15:27 - 8 posts
Thread of Font Colors
Sun, February 9, 2020 14:50 - 24 posts
Prodigal Son
Tue, February 4, 2020 03:50 - 5 posts
Has the FDA been complicit in intentionally mutating us??
Mon, February 3, 2020 20:11 - 33 posts
Suprise
Tue, January 28, 2020 15:40 - 2 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL