REAL WORLD EVENT DISCUSSIONS

Vladimir Putin proposes easing penalties for domestic violence

POSTED BY: THGRRI
UPDATED: Saturday, March 11, 2017 09:17
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 4458
PAGE 3 of 4

Saturday, February 11, 2017 1:00 PM

G

... fully loaded, safety off...


Quote:

Originally posted by 1kiki:
I hope you realize that the more you try and bully me into answering, the more fun it is to refuse.



Why, you never did. That's one of your trademark "discussion" moves, ask the same question 20 times and then say, "I'm still waiting!" over and over. Sucks having it thrown right back at you doesn't it?

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 11, 2017 3:23 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Once again, I would ask that people actually read the article.

Putin was asked about it, and quoted in the article, but other than that he had nothing to do with this.

The proposal was authored by a woman who was also quoted in the article.

Actual physical abuse with markings is still a criminal offense.

This information is all in the article. It was presented as something that it wasn't.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 11, 2017 3:44 PM

THGRRI


Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
Good on ya, KIKI! Keep on refusing. THUGR is a bully and a troll. And a liar.




Ah, that hurts.

---------------------


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Saturday, February 11, 2017 4:22 PM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them.


THUGR, son, I think SIX is pointing out that you've mis-represented the event about 20 times by now. Since it's been pointed out to you more than once already, isn't this just another example of you ... er .... what's that word again ... lying?



-----------

"Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor"- William Blake


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 12, 2017 10:03 AM

THGRRI


Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
THUGR, son, I think SIX is pointing out that you've mis-represented the event about 20 times by now. Since it's been pointed out to you more than once already, isn't this just another example of you ... er .... what's that word again ... lying?




Nope, six is incorrect. Six is representing the spin that has been put forth by Russia to explain why they gutted the domestic violence laws. Not the damage it does when it comes to protecting women.

So, by this post you have changed your mind and are now for the changes to the law's regarding domestic violence in Russia. Is that so SIG?

---------------------


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 12, 2017 12:48 PM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them.


Quote:

Originally posted by THGRRI:
Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
THUGR, son, I think SIX is pointing out that you've mis-represented the event about 20 times by now. Since it's been pointed out to you more than once already, isn't this just another example of you ... er .... what's that word again ... lying?




Nope, six is incorrect. Six is representing the spin that has been put forth by Russia to explain why they gutted the domestic violence laws. Not the damage it does when it comes to protecting women.

So, by this post you have changed your mind and are now for the changes to the law's regarding domestic violence in Russia. Is that so SIG?

My god, you're an ass.




-----------

"Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor"- William Blake


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 12, 2017 1:04 PM

THGRRI


Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:


So, by this post you have changed your mind and are now for the changes to the law's regarding domestic violence in Russia. Is that so SIG?

Quote:

My god, you're an ass.




You're the one who condemned the changing of the domestic violence laws, sort of. And you're the one who suggests six is right when he says the changing of law is misunderstood and not bad.

Who's the ass? Who's trying to have it both ways and who is once again being subjective.

---------------------


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 12, 2017 1:20 PM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them.


Quote:

So, by this post you have changed your mind and are now for the changes to the law's regarding domestic violence in Russia. Is that so SIG?- STOOPID

My god, you're an ass. - SIGNY

You're the one who condemned the changing of the domestic violence laws, sort of.- STOOPID

I did not "condemn."

Quote:

And you're the one who suggests six is right when he says the changing of law is misunderstood and not bad.-SIX
As far as I can tell, what SIX is objecting to is YOUR CHARACTERIZATION of the event- that "Vladimir Putin proposes.."

It's right in your title (unless you post-edit your title).

Quote:

Who's the ass?-STOOPID
You are, clearly.

You've managed to consistently misrepresent not only the event, but also what I, KIKI, and SIX have said about it. Many times. Despite having been corrected. Many times. Either you're incredibly stupid, a person who is incapable of understanding the simplest statements, or you're a deliberate liar.



-----------

"Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor"- William Blake


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 12, 2017 1:32 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Quote:

Originally posted by THGRRI:
Nope, six is incorrect. Six is representing the spin that has been put forth by Russia to explain why they gutted the domestic violence laws. Not the damage it does when it comes to protecting women.

So, by this post you have changed your mind and are now for the changes to the law's regarding domestic violence in Russia. Is that so SIG?



They didn't gut existing domestic violence laws. That was a spin slightly suggested in the article and wildly blown out of proportion by your thread title and your subsequent posting.

Any physical abuse that leads to visible marks is still subject to criminal charges. The law is being changed because it got to the point that you couldn't even discipline your own children without having jackboot thugs come in your home.



Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 12, 2017 2:13 PM

THGRRI


Ok SIG. I see once again you are posting quotes that you have edited so there's nothing more to say. Except, get a hold of yourself.

Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
Quote:

So, by this post you have changed your mind and are now for the changes to the law's regarding domestic violence in Russia. Is that so SIG?- STOOPID

My god, you're an ass. - SIGNY

You're the one who condemned the changing of the domestic violence laws, sort of.- STOOPID

I did not "condemn."

Quote:

And you're the one who suggests six is right when he says the changing of law is misunderstood and not bad.-SIX
As far as I can tell, what SIX is objecting to is YOUR CHARACTERIZATION of the event- that "Vladimir Putin proposes.."

It's right in your title (unless you post-edit your title).

Quote:

Who's the ass?-STOOPID
You are, clearly.

You've managed to consistently misrepresent not only the event, but also what I, KIKI, and SIX have said about it. Many times. Despite having been corrected. Many times. Either you're incredibly stupid, a person who is incapable of understanding the simplest statements, or you're a deliberate liar.



-----------

"Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor"- William Blake




---------------------


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 12, 2017 2:19 PM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them.


Quote:

Ok SIG. I see once again you are posting quotes that you have edited so there's nothing more to say. Except, get a hold of yourself. -THUGR
Is this ANOTHER baseless accusation?? (See above^^^^ about the "years of threads")

Son, tell us all - me too! - what I post-edited. I really don't know what you're posting about.



-----------

"Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor"- William Blake


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 12, 2017 2:22 PM

THGRRI


Sorry Jack, I defer to the women who are speaking up about this. Not people who comment as you do that women are now calling everything rape. I also call to question your state of reality after you defended Trump. Even though many of his discretions towards women are caught on tape. No Jack, when it comes to the topic of women, I think you are clueless.

Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Quote:

Originally posted by THGRRI:
Nope, six is incorrect. Six is representing the spin that has been put forth by Russia to explain why they gutted the domestic violence laws. Not the damage it does when it comes to protecting women.

So, by this post you have changed your mind and are now for the changes to the law's regarding domestic violence in Russia. Is that so SIG?



They didn't gut existing domestic violence laws. That was a spin slightly suggested in the article and wildly blown out of proportion by your thread title and your subsequent posting.

Any physical abuse that leads to visible marks is still subject to criminal charges. The law is being changed because it got to the point that you couldn't even discipline your own children without having jackboot thugs come in your home.



Do Right, Be Right. :)



---------------------


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 12, 2017 2:27 PM

THGRRI


Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
Quote:

Ok SIG. I see once again you are posting quotes that you have edited so there's nothing more to say. Except, get a hold of yourself. -THUGR
Is this ANOTHER baseless accusation?? (See above^^^^ about the "years of threads")

Son, tell us all - me too! - what I post-edited. I really don't know what you're posting about.



The proof is there to see SIG. You added words to mine that I never said. It's nothing new with you. It's why I and others say with confidence, you are a troll.

---------------------


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 12, 2017 3:41 PM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them.


Quote:

The proof is there to see SIG. You added words to mine that I never said.- THUGR
WHICH words to WHICH words? Just quote the post that you think I edited, because I STILL have no idea what you're talking about.

But yanno, it occurred to me that YOU post-edited your post, and then accused me of misquoting you.



-----------

"Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor"- William Blake


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 12, 2017 4:01 PM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them.


Oh, I guess I caught THUGR in another LIE. Again!




-----------

"Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor"- William Blake


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 12, 2017 4:35 PM

THGRRI


Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
Quote:

The proof is there to see SIG. You added words to mine that I never said.- THUGR
WHICH words to WHICH words? Just quote the post that you think I edited, because I STILL have no idea what you're talking about.

But yanno, it occurred to me that YOU post-edited your post, and then accused me of misquoting you.




Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:

Quote:

So, by this post you have changed your mind and are now for the changes to the law's regarding domestic violence in Russia. Is that so SIG?- STOOPID

My god, you're an ass. - SIGNY

You're the one who condemned the changing of the domestic violence laws, sort of.- STOOPID
I did not "condemn."


Quote:

And you're the one who suggests six is right when he says the changing of law is misunderstood and not bad.-SIX
As far as I can tell, what SIX is objecting to is YOUR CHARACTERIZATION of the event- that "Vladimir Putin proposes.."

It's right in your title (unless you post-edit your title).


Quote:

Who's the ass?-STOOPID
You are, clearly.

You've managed to consistently misrepresent not only the event, but also what I, KIKI, and SIX have said about it. Many times. Despite having been corrected. Many times. Either you're incredibly stupid, a person who is incapable of understanding the simplest statements, or you're a deliberate liar.


First, so everyone out there knows. Who is saying what and all the STOOPIDS accompanying my statements are not anything I said as it implies. That's you adding it in a way that suggests I said it.

Subjective posts are meant to confuse. This is a subjective post by you. The point of discussion is to present a point of view not confuse. That's what a troll does.

---------------------


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 12, 2017 4:45 PM

THGRRI


Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
Oh, I guess I caught THUGR in another LIE. Again!





Never laid a glove on me.




---------------------


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 12, 2017 5:40 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Quote:

Originally posted by THGRRI:
Sorry Jack, I defer to the women who are speaking up about this. Not people who comment as you do that women are now calling everything rape. I also call to question your state of reality after you defended Trump. Even though many of his discretions towards women are caught on tape. No Jack, when it comes to the topic of women, I think you are clueless.



This has nothing to do with how I view anything. This is about facts stated in the article. I think the biggest 2 facts are that a Woman authored the proposal, and they were talking about defending a single mother from going to prison for disciplining their unruly children.

Also a fact is that Vladmir Putin, at least according to this article, had nothing to do with the proposal. He was asked about it and then quoted on his response.

And lastly, any abuse that leads to markings is still a criminal offence.

Nothing that you claimed the article said was actually said in the article.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 12, 2017 6:20 PM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them.


Quote:

First, so everyone out there knows. Who is saying what and all the STOOPIDS accompanying my statements are not anything I said as it implies. That's you adding it in a way that suggests I said it.


Dood, I posted exactly what you posted, and you posted exactly what I posted. I didn't add any "words" to your posts, I was CALLING YOU (the author of some lines) "STOOPID". It's an ATTRIBUTION. I'm attributing those lines TO YOU, so that people can figure out "who said what".

Here is an example (completely made up)

Quote:

THUGR is an alright kind of guy. A real stand-up person who defends what he believes in. - SIGNY

Well, that was mighty kind of you, SIGNY. Thank you for the kind words!-THUGR



You see how I use "SIGNY" and "THUGR" to delineate "who said what"? I could have used "RUSSIAN TROLL" and "STOOPID" or "DEVIL" and "ANGEL" ... those are names, not parts of the sentence.

Look, you are clearly not playing with a full deck. I veer between between being pissed off at you- and feeling sorry for you. Let's leave this with me feeling sorry for you.



-----------

"Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor"- William Blake


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 12, 2017 6:26 PM

1KIKI

Goodbye, kind world (George Monbiot) - In common with all those generations which have contemplated catastrophe, we appear to be incapable of understanding what confronts us.


Quote:

That's you adding it (STOOPID) in a way that suggests I said it.
Not really, dimbulb. It clearly is a conversation with poster identification attached to the end of the statements, like so:
Quote:

Is that so SIG?- STOOPID

My god, you're an ass. - SIGNY

You're the one who condemned the changing of the domestic violence laws, sort of.- STOOPID

But I guess you figured that out, sort of, because NOW you're saying Signy didn't alter YOUR TEXT and misrepresent it, but added something, that, to the really asinine, might IMPLY you posted something.
You might be an exception THUGGER, but most people aren't nearly that dull.




How did your beloved 'democratic' party fuck up so badly?

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 12, 2017 7:00 PM

THGRRI


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Quote:

Originally posted by THGRRI:
Sorry Jack, I defer to the women who are speaking up about this. Not people who comment as you do that women are now calling everything rape. I also call to question your state of reality after you defended Trump. Even though many of his discretions towards women are caught on tape. No Jack, when it comes to the topic of women, I think you are clueless.



This has nothing to do with how I view anything. This is about facts stated in the article. I think the biggest 2 facts are that a Woman authored the proposal, and they were talking about defending a single mother from going to prison for disciplining their unruly children.

Also a fact is that Vladmir Putin, at least according to this article, had nothing to do with the proposal. He was asked about it and then quoted on his response.

And lastly, any abuse that leads to markings is still a criminal offence.

Nothing that you claimed the article said was actually said in the article.

Do Right, Be Right. :)



You keep citing an article but post no quotes from it. If you wish to make your point, do this and post a link as well Jack.

---------------------


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 12, 2017 7:06 PM

THGRRI


Shit girl, when you insert your own words into a quote of someone else then you are altering what that person said and the context. There's no debate there 1kiki except in the mind of a troll. Which is why you and SIG keep quoting fake news sources as real.

Quote:

Originally posted by 1kiki:
Quote:

That's you adding it (STOOPID) in a way that suggests I said it.
Not really, dimbulb. It clearly is a conversation with poster identification attached to the end of the statements, like so:
Quote:

Is that so SIG?- STOOPID

My god, you're an ass. - SIGNY

You're the one who condemned the changing of the domestic violence laws, sort of.- STOOPID

But I guess you figured that out, sort of, because NOW you're saying Signy didn't alter YOUR TEXT and misrepresent it, but added something, that, to the really asinine, might IMPLY you posted something.
You might be an exception THUGGER, but most people aren't nearly that dull.




How did your beloved 'democratic' party fuck up so badly?



---------------------


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 12, 2017 8:30 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Quote:

Originally posted by THGRRI:
You keep citing an article but post no quotes from it. If you wish to make your point, do this and post a link as well Jack.



I'm citing the article you posted in the beginning of the thread.

Scroll up a bit. I have direct quotes from your article.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Sunday, February 12, 2017 8:32 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Rather than make you search for it, I just took the whole post from February 5th and re-posted it here for ya:










Did anybody ACTUALLY read this article?

I finally got around to it now, and I have to say that except for a tiny quote at the end, I don't see what the problem is. In fact, I think what Putin himself had to say about it actually goes against some of the claims of what a fascist he is.

Quote:

Asked about the domestic violence law at a news conference last month, Putin said that while he was not a supporter of parents smacking children, the authorities should not interfere in family affairs without justification.

"We cannot go crazy here. It's harmful, at the end of the day it destroys the family," he said. "Cavalier meddling with the family is not acceptable."



No. That doesn't sound like a leader who is looking for any and every reason to have his jackboot thugs knock down your door to see what you're up to.

Quote:

The amendment, which passed parliament's lower house on a preliminary first reading, would reduce battery of a relative to a civil offence instead of a criminal offence in first instances, when the victim suffered no serious harm.

One of the authors of the proposed change, Olga Batalina, a member of parliament from Putin's United Russia party, said society wanted to protect parents' right to discipline children.

"Do we think it's right to give a two year prison term to a single mother who, while raising her teenage son, physically punishes him for stealing or running away?" Batalina asked in an interview with Reuters.



Two things to note here. The author of the proposal is a Woman. Second is they are talking about a parents right to discipline unruly children. The example used is that of a single mother going to prison for two years for disciplining her brat.

We continue...

Quote:

Supporters of the amendment say anyone who inflicts serious physical harm will still be criminally liable.


Doesn't sound like anything is changing. If you beat somebody, you're still going to prison for it.

Quote:

Each year, about 14,000 women die in Russia at the hands of husbands or other relatives, according to a 2010 United Nations report.

She said that if it goes unchecked, low-level domestic violence, of the kind that would be decriminalized under the amendment, often escalates into attacks causing serious injury.



Well, that's just it. It hasn't gone unchecked. And yet 14,000 women die each year at the hands of their abusive husbands or other relatives.

What this law has done, however, has allowed the government to come inside of people's houses for disciplining their children. We're talking about swats on the ass and such. Not actual physical abuse.

I think what they're doing here is right. But at the same time they should have brutally harsh penalties for ACTUAL abuse. ESPECIALLY for those responsible for murdering their wives. Eye for an Eye, perhaps? Watch how quickly those numbers would shrink if a potential murderer really thought twice about what they were about to do when faced with the realization they were signing their own death warrant.

I'd agree with rules like that here in the states as well. Hitting a woman make you feel like a man? Let's see how you like it when we let this bouncer let out some of his frustrations on your face for a few minutes.



So what part of this article did I have a problem with? This quote right here:

Quote:

Last month the justice ministry placed [Marina Pisklakova-Parker's] organization on a register of "foreign agents", a designation that makes it subject to extra scrutiny from the authorities and can make it harder to raise money.


I likely would not agree with much of what she has to say, or the agendas she is trying to push, but I'd fight for her right to be able to say it. Not only do I have a problem with government censorship, but the thought that they now consider her a "foreign agent" is just creepy and Orwellian to me.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 13, 2017 10:57 AM

THGRRI


Shit Jack, the first thing you do in your post above is take the word of Putin. That alone shows you have terrible judgement. Secondly, your logic always leaves women in the lurch. Your many posts here in real world have extensively documented that. Below are quotes from the article. You take the side of Putin. I take the side of Marina Parker. I've also seen American female news journalist roll their eyes and exhibit distain when this if mentioned. I side with them as well.

The amendment, which passed parliament's lower house on a preliminary first reading, would reduce battery of a relative to a civil offence instead of a criminal offence

"This law calls for the exoneration of tyrants in the home," said Maria Mokhova, Executive Director of the "Sisters" crisis center for abuse victims. The message is: "Let's not punish a person who at home beat up his family, just because he has the right to do that," she told Reuters.

Marina Pisklakova-Parker, director of the "Anna" center, which also helps abuse victims, said last year her staff received more than 21,000 requests for help from women who said they had been subject to domestic violence.

She said that if it goes unchecked, low-level domestic violence, of the kind that would be decriminalized under the amendment, often escalates into attacks causing serious injury.

Last month the justice ministry placed her organization on a register of "foreign agents", a designation that makes it subject to extra scrutiny from the authorities and can make it harder to raise money.

Each year, about 14,000 women die in Russia at the hands of husbands or other relatives, according to a 2010 United Nations report.

---------------------


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 13, 2017 11:10 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK


I didn't take the word of Putin. I took what was said in the article. According to this article, he was asked about it after the fact. This means the title of this thread is incorrect. Maybe you have another article that I haven't read that says that Putin proposed this?


You obviously did not read anything else from my post beyond the first point before posting back. I'm not leaving women in the lurch. Read it again and get back to me.

You have a habit of reading only what YOU want to read and hyper focusing on that. If you actually read it, you'll see that I quoted more than half of the lines in my post that you quoted below.


BTW... to further illustrate how you read what you only want to read, the second quote you just posted is a half-sentence... lol. You couldn't post the second half because it takes away all intended impact of posting the first half, as well as taking away any meaning from the next quote you put by Marina.

Here, since you seem to be having trouble, let me finish reading it for you: "---in first instances, when the victim suffered no serious harm."

Quote:

Originally posted by THGRRI:
Shit Jack, the first thing you do in your post above is take the word of Putin. That alone shows you have terrible judgement. Secondly, your logic always leaves women in the lurch. Your many posts here in real world have extensively documented that. Below are quotes from the article. You take the side of Putin. I take the side of Marina Parker.

The amendment, which passed parliament's lower house on a preliminary first reading, would reduce battery of a relative to a civil offence instead of a criminal offence

"This law calls for the exoneration of tyrants in the home," said Maria Mokhova, Executive Director of the "Sisters" crisis center for abuse victims. The message is: "Let's not punish a person who at home beat up his family, just because he has the right to do that," she told Reuters.

Marina Pisklakova-Parker, director of the "Anna" center, which also helps abuse victims, said last year her staff received more than 21,000 requests for help from women who said they had been subject to domestic violence.

She said that if it goes unchecked, low-level domestic violence, of the kind that would be decriminalized under the amendment, often escalates into attacks causing serious injury.

Last month the justice ministry placed her organization on a register of "foreign agents", a designation that makes it subject to extra scrutiny from the authorities and can make it harder to raise money.

Each year, about 14,000 women die in Russia at the hands of husbands or other relatives, according to a 2010 United Nations report.

---------------------




Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 13, 2017 11:19 AM

THGRRI


You cite Putin as a leader who seems to be doing this to help his country. Based on what he says. You also believe the governments talking points on this, I don't. Shit Jack, are you so naïve that you believe in Russia you are hauled off to jail for spanking your kid? No Jack, maybe for beating and abusing them, but not for spanking them. And did you notice the government talking points are about the children and Maria's are about the wives?

Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
I didn't take the word of Putin. I took what was said in the article. According to this article, he was asked about it after the fact. This means the title of this thread is incorrect. Maybe you have another article that I haven't read that says that Putin proposed this?


You obviously did not read anything else from my post beyond the first point before posting back. I'm not leaving women in the lurch. Read it again and get back to me.

You have a habit of reading only what YOU want to read and hyper focusing on that.



Quote:

Originally posted by THGRRI:
Shit Jack, the first thing you do in your post above is take the word of Putin. That alone shows you have terrible judgement. Secondly, your logic always leaves women in the lurch. Your many posts here in real world have extensively documented that. Below are quotes from the article. You take the side of Putin. I take the side of Marina Parker.

The amendment, which passed parliament's lower house on a preliminary first reading, would reduce battery of a relative to a civil offence instead of a criminal offence

"This law calls for the exoneration of tyrants in the home," said Maria Mokhova, Executive Director of the "Sisters" crisis center for abuse victims. The message is: "Let's not punish a person who at home beat up his family, just because he has the right to do that," she told Reuters.

Marina Pisklakova-Parker, director of the "Anna" center, which also helps abuse victims, said last year her staff received more than 21,000 requests for help from women who said they had been subject to domestic violence.

She said that if it goes unchecked, low-level domestic violence, of the kind that would be decriminalized under the amendment, often escalates into attacks causing serious injury.

Last month the justice ministry placed her organization on a register of "foreign agents", a designation that makes it subject to extra scrutiny from the authorities and can make it harder to raise money.

Each year, about 14,000 women die in Russia at the hands of husbands or other relatives, according to a 2010 United Nations report.

---------------------




Do Right, Be Right. :)



---------------------


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 13, 2017 11:26 AM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Quote:

Originally posted by THGRRI:
You cite Putin as a leader who seems to be doing this to help his country. Based on what he says.



I didn't cite Putin as a leader who seems to be doing this to help his country.

You're reading things that aren't being said, yet again.

MY MAIN POINT IS THAT PUTIN HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS.... SO HOW COULD I BE SAYING THAT PUTIN IS DOING THIS TO HELP HIS COUNTRY????????

Sorry for yelling, but I don't know how to talk to you.


Maybe the problem is that we're talking about too many things at once? So we aren't even going to discuss anything further on this article until you get this point first.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 13, 2017 12:00 PM

THGRRI


You said this awhile ago in the thread Jack and have been trying to rephrase your response ( thinking ) ever since. You are no friend to women and this post by you proves it. This was your first thoughts about the law changes and why they came to be. Sick and confused Jack.

Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Quote:

Originally posted by THGRRI:
Russia's parliament voted 380-3 on Friday to decriminalize domestic violence in cases where it does not cause "substantial bodily harm" and does not occur more than once a year.



Sadly, this is the price to be paid when the SJW/Regressives have had their way for too long and take the pendulum to the extreme. What goes up, must come down.

Once you start calling everything rape, then nothing is rape anymore. It's like the Boy Who Cried Wolf or Chicken Little.

I feel bad for the women who are truly in abusive relationships that are going to have to be smacked around or worse a few times before anybody takes them seriously now.

Do Right, Be Right. :)



---------------------


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 13, 2017 12:11 PM

THGRRI


Here's another one Jack. Having to sign papers before being able to have sex. To protect from being called a rapist I'm sure was your point. After rereading your earlier posts its no wonder you favor the law. Your own posts betray your motivations Jack. Again, sick and confused.

Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Quote:

Originally posted by THGRRI:
Wow Jack, you are suggesting this is some how the result of women crying wolf. I spent years here not responding to your posts because of your ignorance on the topics you address. I am really, and I mean really sorry I started to respond to you.

No more Jack, no more



Nope. I'm saying it's the result of Leftist Regressives and their policies. I'm saying it's because we've practically gotten to the point that you need to have documents signed before you can have sex with a woman.

Call me ignorant. That's fine with me. But look around you. Things are changing. Your little SJW paradise is crumbling all around you.

It's the house that bullshit and backwards thinking built.

So I'll say it again.

I'm truly sorry for the women who are actually in abusive relationships that nobody is going to take seriously until something really bad happens.

Do Right, Be Right. :)



---------------------


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 13, 2017 12:39 PM

THGRRI


Wow, I'll post and then edit it for a bit. Jack has been hanging on my every word and would pounce in the middle of my doing that.

Now we have silence.

---------------------


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 13, 2017 5:25 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Why College Guys Should Be Terrified of Campus Hookups...

http://nypost.com/2017/02/11/why-college-guys-should-be-terrified-of-c
ampus-hookups
/

Written by a Woman, at the New York Post of all places......


Quote:

These administrators hand out condoms and invite students to lectures by professional dominatrixes, while at the same time holding secret tribunals to punish men who engage in what can best be described as regrettable drunken hookups with their female classmates.


Don't give me any bullshit about not being a friend to women. It's SJWs and the regressive left and their insane points of view that I have a problem with, whether they are male or female.

My point was that when you take a good thing and put it to a ridiculous extreme, eventually you ruin the whole damn thing.

I stand by everything I said in both of those quotes. You're more than welcome to your opinion about me because of them, and I will reserve my right to believe that you are part of one of the largest problems our country faces today.






Once again though, you deflect from the topic at hand.

At first I thought you suffered from ADD or Asperger's or something, but now I'm really starting to believe that you just lack a grasp of basic reading comprehension.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 13, 2017 5:31 PM

REAVERFAN


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Quote:

Originally posted by G:
Trump and Putin get along well because they both have an adolescent understanding of masculinity. In their world beating your wife is being a strong, proper husband.



You're an SJW cuck.

There's never even been any allegations of Trump beating any of his wives.

If Trump loved subjugating women, he'd LOVE Islam.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

I'm an anti-fascist.

Do you know what we do to fascists? Looks like you'll find out, Nazi boy.

That is, if you ever get your drunk ass out of the house.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 13, 2017 5:41 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Quote:

Originally posted by REAVERFAN:
I'm an anti-fascist.

Do you know what we do to fascists? Looks like you'll find out, Nazi boy.

That is, if you ever get your drunk ass out of the house.





Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 13, 2017 5:42 PM

THGRRI


https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/182369.pdf

Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Why College Guys Should Be Terrified of Campus Hookups...

http://nypost.com/2017/02/11/why-college-guys-should-be-terrified-of-c
ampus-hookups
/

Written by a Woman, at the New York Post of all places......


Quote:

These administrators hand out condoms and invite students to lectures by professional dominatrixes, while at the same time holding secret tribunals to punish men who engage in what can best be described as regrettable drunken hookups with their female classmates.


Don't give me any bullshit about not being a friend to women. It's SJWs and the regressive left and their insane points of view that I have a problem with, whether they are male or female.

My point was that when you take a good thing and put it to a ridiculous extreme, eventually you ruin the whole damn thing.

I stand by everything I said in both of those quotes. You're more than welcome to your opinion about me because of them, and I will reserve my right to believe that you are part of one of the largest problems our country faces today.






Once again though, you deflect from the topic at hand.

At first I thought you suffered from ADD or Asperger's or something, but now I'm really starting to believe that you just lack a grasp of basic reading comprehension.

Do Right, Be Right. :)



---------------------


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 13, 2017 6:03 PM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them.


SIX

THUGR's biggest problem is that he's a troll. I'm going to give you the same advice that you gave to me about SECOND: You're just giving him what he wants- an audience.



-----------

"Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor"- William Blake


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 13, 2017 6:20 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Quote:

Originally posted by THGRRI:
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/182369.pdf




So we're just going to continue to veer off topic then. No surprises since I caught you dead to rights on the incorrect title of this thread.

https://www.amazon.com/Campus-Rape-Frenzy-America%C2%92s-Universities/
dp/1594038856?tag=nypost-20


Quote:

In recent years, politicians led by President Obama and prominent senators and governors have teamed with extremists on campus to portray our nation’s campuses as awash in a violent crime wave—and to suggest (preposterously) that university leaders, professors, and students are indifferent to female sexual assault victims in their midst. Neither of these claims has any bearing in reality. But they have achieved widespread acceptance, thanks in part to misleading alarums from the Obama administration and biased media coverage led by the New York Times.


If you can pay attention long enough to finish it, maybe we can start a book club.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 13, 2017 6:31 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
THUGR's biggest problem is that he's a troll. I'm going to give you the same advice that you gave to me about SECOND: You're just giving him what he wants- an audience.



Second is just an extremely unlikable person that just loves to listen to herself spew her elitist bile from atop her ivory tower. You may feel that way about THGGRI, but I don't.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 13, 2017 6:44 PM

1KIKI

Goodbye, kind world (George Monbiot) - In common with all those generations which have contemplated catastrophe, we appear to be incapable of understanding what confronts us.


Now I know you're not supposed to feed trolls - but maybe baiting them is OK. HEY THUGGER! I just called you a troll over here!

http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?bid=18&tid=61366&p=1#1
024007





How did your beloved 'democratic' party fuck up so badly?

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 13, 2017 6:56 PM

THGRRI


I give you a link to a government study on the subject. It has researched the issue from every angle. Facts substantiated by facts. You counter with a book written by a guy who says the problem really doesn't exist.

I showed by your own posts your opinions dismiss the burdens women confront when dealing with men. This thread started with you defending Trump and his contempt for, and prejudicial behavior against women. If you can't recognize misogyny when it's that blatant, then you can't see it for what it is at all. Especially when you are like that yourself. Why do I say that? Because you never take the side of the women who are the victims. Good luck with your sobriety. And remember, it takes a long time for the fog to lift. I hope you get there.

Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
Quote:

Originally posted by THGRRI:
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/182369.pdf




So we're just going to continue to veer off topic then. No surprises since I caught you dead to rights on the incorrect title of this thread.

https://www.amazon.com/Campus-Rape-Frenzy-America%C2%92s-Universities/
dp/1594038856?tag=nypost-20


Quote:

In recent years, politicians led by President Obama and prominent senators and governors have teamed with extremists on campus to portray our nation’s campuses as awash in a violent crime wave—and to suggest (preposterously) that university leaders, professors, and students are indifferent to female sexual assault victims in their midst. Neither of these claims has any bearing in reality. But they have achieved widespread acceptance, thanks in part to misleading alarums from the Obama administration and biased media coverage led by the New York Times.


If you can pay attention long enough to finish it, maybe we can start a book club.

Do Right, Be Right. :)



---------------------


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 13, 2017 7:36 PM

1KIKI

Goodbye, kind world (George Monbiot) - In common with all those generations which have contemplated catastrophe, we appear to be incapable of understanding what confronts us.


Too humiliated to deny being a troll? Well - I guess that proves it! By his own inability to say he's not a troll, THUGGER has called himself one!




How did your beloved 'democratic' party fuck up so badly?

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 13, 2017 8:00 PM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them.


Quote:

THUGR's biggest problem is that he's a troll. I'm going to give you the same advice that you gave to me about SECOND: You're just giving him what he wants- an audience. - SIGNY

Second is just an extremely unlikable person that just loves to listen to herself spew her elitist bile from atop her ivory tower. You may feel that way about THGGRI, but I don't.- SIX



OMG, do you see what I just did, SIX??? I added "-SIX" to the end of your statement, CLEARLY post-editing your words and changing their meaning!!! At least, THUGR thinks so! [/snicker]

Well, you deal with THUGR then. Good luck!





-----------

"Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor"- William Blake


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 13, 2017 9:58 PM

1KIKI

Goodbye, kind world (George Monbiot) - In common with all those generations which have contemplated catastrophe, we appear to be incapable of understanding what confronts us.


I'm a bad, bad, bad, bad person.



I giggled a little.




How did your beloved 'democratic' party fuck up so badly?

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 13, 2017 10:07 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Quote:

Originally posted by 1kiki:
I'm a bad, bad, bad, bad person.



I giggled a little.




How did your beloved 'democratic' party fuck up so badly?




I'm sure the clown is going to come around and accuse us all of being nazis again sometime in the near future and use this as proof that we are.

What he doesn't realize is that he's the joke, and every time he throws that word around like a 2 year old having a tantrum he just lessens the meaning of it. Every time his little fingers type the word Nazi, he is offending Jewish people more than I ever could or would.



Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, February 13, 2017 10:12 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


Quote:

Originally posted by THGRRI:
I give you a link to a government study on the subject. It has researched the issue from every angle. Facts substantiated by facts. You counter with a book written by a guy who says the problem really doesn't exist.

I showed by your own posts your opinions dismiss the burdens women confront when dealing with men. This thread started with you defending Trump and his contempt for, and prejudicial behavior against women. If you can't recognize misogyny when it's that blatant, then you can't see it for what it is at all. Especially when you are like that yourself. Why do I say that? Because you never take the side of the women who are the victims. Good luck with your sobriety. And remember, it takes a long time for the fog to lift. I hope you get there.



The book has facts substantiated by facts. Just because you don't like them doesn't make them not facts.

You're a little crybaby. You hang out with little crybabies. I only associate with strong women who have a high sense of self worth. You associate with weak minded women who need to be told what is good and what is bad.

No wonder you have such a low opinion about women and their ability to take care of themselves.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 2:41 AM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them.


Quote:


I'm a bad, bad, bad, bad person.



I giggled a little.- KIKI



Then I must be really awful. I guess I didn't see this at first but it caught me in the middle of a swallow. Coffee went out my nose and onto the monitor. Fortunately I managed to keep it off the keyboard.

BAD SIX!
BAD BAD BAD!
AND ME TOO.




-----------

"Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor"- William Blake


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 2:52 AM

SIGNYM

I believe in solving problems, not sharing them.


I think the biggest problem with "young women today" is that they've been convinced that getting drunk and having meaningless sex is "liberating". And women have sex because guys want it, not because they want it. Women need to be educated to understand their own interests ... as in, literally, what they're interested in. If they figure out that getting drunk or high puts them in a position of victimization, that might help considerably. Also, taking appropriate measures, such as living with a female roommate. Drunk, young, entitled men in groups- especially fraternities- can be pigs.



-----------

"Pity would be no more,
If we did not MAKE men poor"- William Blake


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 10:31 AM

THGRRI


Quote:

Originally posted by SIGNYM:
I think the biggest problem with "young women today" is that they've been convinced that getting drunk and having meaningless sex is "liberating". And women have sex because guys want it, not because they want it. Women need to be educated to understand their own interests ... as in, literally, what they're interested in. If they figure out that getting drunk or high puts them in a position of victimization, that might help considerably. Also, taking appropriate measures, such as living with a female roommate. Drunk, young, entitled men in groups- especially fraternities- can be pigs.




You’re as bad and Jack. Suggesting women have sex because guys want too when they don’t is an outdated perspective. What’s changed is that they no longer have to feel guilty about it. Suggesting women are responsible for anything bad that happens too them, (well you shouldn’t have gotten drunk ) is blaming the victim.

Jack thinks that women who go into entertainment are gold diggers. Or instead he’ll dismiss the bad behavior of a man because it’s the nature of the business. According to him women should know that and therefore expect to be treated in a misogynistic fashion by men. He’ll deny this, but he suggested both scenarios while defending Trump against the assertions he is misogynistic towards women.

Mothers and fathers should educate their children to be careful. However, when in college women deserve to be on equal footing with men. If men behave badly then the college needs to crack down hard. They don’t and that’s the biggest problem. That has been reported in the news over and over again. It has also been established that it’s the same men who multiple times commit these violent acts against women. Why, because nothing is done. Jack denies there is a problem. That leaves me to conclude he thinks the problem of rape on college campuses, is a just another case of women crying wolf.


---------------------


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 2:41 PM

6IXSTRINGJACK


You won't get any argument from me about frat guys being assholes. I never went to college, but dated a few college girls and spent enough weekends partying there that people thought I actually went to the school. I couldn't stand the frat guys and their bro mentality. I only went to a few of the frat parties. The only reason I was even allowed to be there was because they wanted my girlfriend. They managed to behave themselves, but it was obvious that I was not welcome.

Asshole doesn't equal rapist though. If a guy isn't a) drugging a girl, b) forcibly having sex with a girl against her will, or c) having sex with a girl who is passed out, then it's not rape. Period.

You're at least 18 or 19. You're a big girl now. If you're mature enough to make the mistake of getting wasted to the point where having sex is a good idea. You're mature enough to deal with the consequences of those actions.


I'd like to see a statistic of how many girls that don't get drunk at college get "raped". My guess is 0%.

Do Right, Be Right. :)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 2:57 PM

THGRRI


Quote:

Originally posted by 6IXSTRINGJACK:
You won't get any argument from me about frat guys being assholes. I never went to college, but dated a few college girls and spent enough weekends partying there that people thought I actually went to the school. I couldn't stand the frat guys and their bro mentality. I only went to a few of the frat parties. The only reason I was even allowed to be there was because they wanted my girlfriend. They managed to behave themselves, but it was obvious that I was not welcome.

Asshole doesn't equal rapist though. If a guy isn't a) drugging a girl, b) forcibly having sex with a girl against her will, or c) having sex with a girl who is passed out, then it's not rape. Period.

You're at least 18 or 19. You're a big girl now. If you're mature enough to make the mistake of getting wasted to the point where having sex is a good idea. You're mature enough to deal with the consequences of those actions.


I'd like to see a statistic of how many girls that don't get drunk at college get "raped". My guess is 0%.

Do Right, Be Right. :)



It's amazing how your misogynistic thinking blocks you from realizing what I am talking about. It is when a violation of a women does occur. Which happens at an alarming rate. And that women are victimized again when reporting it. Due, to a lack of support from the institution. No one but you are arguing about times when an attack does not occur. And that makes no sense. It's just subjective crap.

Unless you are claiming most women are lying when they make a claim that a violation has occurred. Is that what you are saying Jack?

---------------------


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
A thread for Democrats Only
Tue, November 21, 2017 23:58 - 187 posts
Countdown Clock to Trumps impeachment " STARTS"
Tue, November 21, 2017 23:14 - 635 posts
Is this really "the lowest point in our nation’s history that they can remember"?
Tue, November 21, 2017 22:59 - 184 posts
In the garden, and RAIN!!!!
Tue, November 21, 2017 21:25 - 239 posts
Evidence: So where are we now(II) ?
Tue, November 21, 2017 20:29 - 90 posts
Is Trump Nuts?
Tue, November 21, 2017 13:26 - 854 posts
More lies :)
Tue, November 21, 2017 11:41 - 15 posts
Democrats eyeing 2018 say it's time to start talking Russia
Tue, November 21, 2017 10:53 - 60 posts
The Scumbag from Alabama - 5th Accusser Surfaces
Tue, November 21, 2017 10:46 - 26 posts
Coffee - Cheers!
Tue, November 21, 2017 10:43 - 236 posts
FACEBOOK: Send us your nudes (for your own protection)
Mon, November 20, 2017 12:35 - 22 posts
Euromaidan Snipers Were Hired By Ukrainian Opposition (Italian media)
Mon, November 20, 2017 11:41 - 1 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL