FIREFLY UNIVERSE

Virtual Firefly Book continues 3

POSTED BY: COLT999
UPDATED: Friday, April 25, 2014 01:57
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 45066
PAGE 2 of 5

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 8:05 AM

ABBEYGIRL


*abbey is still holding her noggin from the collision with the Captain. Looks at him, annoyed. Wrinkles her nose up at the smell of sweat.*

Stop panting. You look like a dog... and smell like one too.

*Mobbex lifts his arm and smells his armpit. Shrugs.*

You're lucky I am madder at the Captain right now than you.

*let's go of head and takes a couple steps backwards, making a face.*

Captain paid for the magnum. I think you owe him money.

Mobbex: How much was it? I could pick some up at the next stop...

*rolls eyes at him*

It was 200 credits.

*Mobbex jaw hits the floor*

Let's just say that if you come into my shuttle again with out permission, I will shoot you. Dong ma?

*abbey walks off. Mobbex looks around to see if there is anyone else around.*

Mobbex: That was easier than I'd thought it would be. Now, I better avoid the Captain for a while.



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 8:33 AM

MOBBEX


*resumes his workout as Abbey moves out of ear range*

Two hundred shekels... *puffs* ...captain's gonna tear my head off for that one... *puffs* ...what's the point of blowin' half a year's pay on booze... *puffs* ... I wonder... *puffs*

*drops to the ground with a thud*

*looses the weight belt and returns it to the bag*

*picks up the dumbbells and starts doing hammer curls*



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 11:26 AM

WASHRULESBABY


*************Wakes up and goes to the head takes a shower and cleans up **************


**********Walks back up to the galley and watches the whole spectecal between. Abbey and the Capt.************


Wow Capt

*******as abbey storms off**********

If I did not k now better I would say you like the you and fair abbey?


*******grabs the dino mug and pours a cup of coffee, Grabs a protien bar**********

You know I think you just need to ask the girl out next time we go planetside. you know do somthing nice. LOL

********Smiles ************8

Oh Capt My dinos are migrating all over the bridge so be carful



I am a leaf on the wind

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 12:50 PM

ORAM


Quote:

Originally posted by Mobbex:
*rifles through the dining area, seeking the can opener*

*bumps into Oram as she passes by*

Oh, mornin', doc.

*she looks right through him and keeps walking*

*sighs* 'We gonna have a problem?

*she pauses, then turns about and glowers at him*

Oh, I know that look... Y'know, it's not like I want to punch a whole through the face of every new fella' I come upon. It's just what I do, so I buckle down, 'put my mean face on, and I do it.

But you, you don't have it in you. The meanness, I mean. Y' don't wanna be mean. Yet for some reason you feel like you have to. How come?



*Refuses to meet Mobbex's eyes*

Just don't like people asking about what's past an gone is all. Don't make a habit of telling anybody about myself... no-ones business....

*grabs a protien bar, then decides she still isn't hungry despite what her own stomach is telling her. Sits at the table and drinks her coffee.*

-----------------------------------------------
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit those who would do us harm.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 12:59 PM

COLT999


Quote:

Originally posted by WASHRULESBABY:
*************Wakes up and goes to the head takes a shower and cleans up **************


**********Walks back up to the galley and watches the whole spectecal between. Abbey and the Capt.************


Wow Capt

*******as abbey storms off**********

If I did not k now better I would say you like the you and fair abbey?


*******grabs the dino mug and pours a cup of coffee, Grabs a protien bar**********

You know I think you just need to ask the girl out next time we go planetside. you know do somthing nice. LOL

********Smiles ************8

Oh Capt My dinos are migrating all over the bridge so be carful



I am a leaf on the wind



Me and Abbey? You need to finish that cup of coffee. Your still dreaming.
*Still rubbing my head*
I think she bashed me in the head on purpose.

Wash: She bumped her head too.

Yeah but after my dealings with her the last few days I'm fair certain her heads harder than mine.



http://hometown.aol.com/colt9999/myhomepage/index.html

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 2:14 PM

COLT999


*Entering the cargo bay as Mobbex is packing up his weights*

*Mobbex sees me coming: Aw hell. Hey there Cap'n about that bottle. Not sure what I was thinking. I was just..*He notices I'm not tearing him a new one*

Don't worry 'bout it. Wash said something...You think Abbey and I...well you think there's something going on between us?

*Mobbex: HA, You and Abbey? That's funny. *slapping me hard on the back* Fancy gal like that taking a liking to you.*

Exactly.

*Mobbex lugging his weight bag onto his shoulder: Wash musta stole a bottle too. Thinking you would have a shot at Abbey. Thats Hi-larious. What would she want with the likes of you.*

Hey I am standing here.

*Mobbex: What? You said it yourself.*

Yeah, but not with your enthusiasm. You owe me 200 credits for that bottle. And your on Kitchen clean up till you pay me back.

*Mobbex: Thought you just said don't worry about it?*

Well....Well worry. And don't go stealing anymore of the crews . We ain't theives. Well we are, but not to our own. You got that?





http://hometown.aol.com/colt9999/myhomepage/index.html

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 2:21 PM

SHINYBRIT


---Interlude---

Just to let everyone know. There is a VFF meeting going on in the chat room right now. Please attend if possible.

-----------------------------------------------
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here." - Jayne Cobb (Firefly)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 2:47 PM

LTSHEPARD


Ignore

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 4:03 PM

COLT999

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 4:40 PM

ORAM


Quote:

Originally posted by shinybrit:
*Is laying down on the catwalk as Oram passes by*
You know, they only ask because they care.

*sits up and watches Oram walk by*
Everyone is interested because they only want you to feel comfortable. They want you to feel like you can share.
Overall, they just want to treat you like you're family.

*lays back down and closes her eyes*




*stops on the catwalk* Well, sweetie. I kind of don't want to play family on this hear ship... am here to heal others, not to have heart-to-hearts ...


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 4:50 PM

SHINYBRIT


Quote:

Originally posted by Oram:
Quote:

Originally posted by shinybrit:
*Is laying down on the catwalk as Oram passes by*
You know, they only ask because they care.

*sits up and watches Oram walk by*
Everyone is interested because they only want you to feel comfortable. They want you to feel like you can share.
Overall, they just want to treat you like you're family.

*lays back down and closes her eyes*




*stops on the catwalk* Well, sweetie. I kind of don't want to play family on this hear ship... am here to heal others, not to have heart-to-hearts ...


I apologize. *stands up*
Family is a touchy subject, I believe... for you.

I have no family.
*shrugs and wanders off*

-----------------------------------------------
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here." - Jayne Cobb (Firefly)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 4:50 PM

SPOTS74


**Abby huffing outside her shuttle door its stuck again***

Abbey: SPOTTSS!!!!!!!!!!!!
(running out of the engine room)

Spots: Who the, What the, Hey now

Abby: its stuck again

Spots: ok ok (walks back in with sledge hammer and block of wood in hand, walking up to the door putting the block on the door **BANG** nothing happens)

Spots: ok im out of ideas

**Abbey Glares with a white hot intensity**


Spots:ok bad timing.. so here (getting into the access pannel, with a thud the door opens)


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 5:34 PM

ABBEYGIRL


Am I gonna get stuck in there now?


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 6:35 PM

SPOTS74


Quote:

Originally posted by abbeygirl:
Am I gonna get stuck in there now?

Spots: im leaving it open till we get to Greenleaf


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 6:39 PM

ABBEYGIRL


OK. I'll make adjustments to my shuttle so I can have a makeshift door.

Keep me updated on the repairs.


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 10:43 PM

COLT999


*Early morning on The Book I check the auto pilot and our course and head to the galley*

Where's that coffee pot. *I sniff at the contents and jerk away from it. As I'm rinsing it out I hear someone behind me. Its the Doc.*

Morning Doc. "Bout to put on a fresh pot, want a cup. *She nods* What you up and about this time of morning for?





http://hometown.aol.com/colt9999/myhomepage/index.html

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 10:54 PM

ORAM


*Oram shuffled into the galley, in her customary ratty red shirt and grey slack pants, her hair is usual bed hair, she just blinks sleepily at the Colt and shrugs in non-comment*

Couldn’t sleep… don’t usually find all the much rest in a bed that ain’t my own.
*she moves to sit in the chair almost curling herself up on the seat*
*mumbles, not aware it’s being said aloud* Then again, I just don’t sleep.



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 10:58 PM

LTSHEPARD


Wave to Colt.

Hey Cap'n it seems like weeks since I last saw the book,

*Lt chomps down good dogs*

You really should meet our cook, any way. Whats the sitrep there?



Want to join a Virtual Firefly?: http://www.fireflyfans.net/thread.asp?b=17&t=33359&m=600979#600979
Want a signature like mine? (CREDIT GOES TO BATTLESTAR ROLEPLAY) http://www.fireflyfans.net/thread.asp?b=2&t=33344
My site: http://www.freewebs.com/radar-geek/

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 11:06 PM

COLT999


Well if you don't like the accomidations I'm sure we can make some changes *somewhat dissapointed that Doc doesn't see it as her bed yet* Thinking to myself. If I lose the Doc things are going to be a mite tricky 'round here.*

Pots on. Be a while till it brews. Abbey says your not eating. Not gonna press you as to why so long as you start eating.
*I get a pan out and fire up the cook top.*

Oram: I'd rather not. I'm not really hungery.

I guess i'm not wording things right. Your going to eat.

*I open a can of processed imitation eggs and pour it into the pan*

Now that thats settled how do you take your coffee?






http://hometown.aol.com/colt9999/myhomepage/index.html

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 11:19 PM

ORAM


Quote:

Originally posted by Colt999:
Well if you don't like the accomidations I'm sure we can make some changes *somewhat dissapointed that Doc doesn't see it as her bed yet* Thinking to myself. If I lose the Doc things are going to be a mite tricky 'round here.*

Pots on. Be a while till it brews. Abbey says your not eating. Not gonna press you as to why so long as you start eating.
*I get a pan out and fire up the cook top.*

Oram: I'd rather not. I'm not really hungery.

I guess i'm not wording things right. Your going to eat.

*I open a can of processed imitation eggs and pour it into the pan*

Now that thats settled how do you take your coffee?




*Oram’s gaze flickers from Colt to the cooking ‘eggs’ in the pan, she breaths heavily through her nose, signalling defeat*

2 sugars, lots of milk…

*Colt goes about making the breakfast, Oram doesn’t move from her spot, instead scratching the surface of the wood table with her thumbnail in an attempt to try and ignore the Captain.*



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 11:33 PM

COLT999


* Noticing my very troubled Doctor while I finish up the omlettes*

Not the best in the verse but I don't think I poisioned us. *Setting down the plates* If I did, 'least I got a Doctor standing by.

*She doesnt look up and picks at her food with her fork. I bring the coffee over*

Told you I wasn't going to press you and I won't but I did go to the trouble of making you breakfast. So eat up now.






http://hometown.aol.com/colt9999/myhomepage/index.html

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 11:44 PM

ORAM


*Oram stares at the food, feeling her stomach turn over at the smell of the omlette. Feeling that she owes the Captain she takes a bite and manages to swallow it down, the cooking isn’t bad… but the product is gag-worthy*

*to herself* Could be in bed, trying to sleep…. Counting inventory…. No, screw that… or go for another of Abbey's magnum wine… damn fine taste … could actually go with the eggs, even if its to try and swallow them down.

*looks up and notices Colt watching her closely*

What?

Colt: Nothing… just…. What made a young thing like yourself become a doctor?

*swallows food*

Don’t know, what made you take up transport thievery?



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 12:01 AM

COLT999


**20 minutes later**

*Both of us are laughing so hard we have tears in our eyes*

I swear its true. Those cows..... The Cows were in the galley.

*Oram: No...they got in the galley?

Little bitty calf right up on the table. And ol Captain Santos is slapping this big heifer with a frying pan. But...But she aint moving. Oh God, I ain't thought about that in years.

*Oram: How did you get them out?*

Oh after about an hour and several rather stinky deposits around the dinner table, they headed back to the cargo bay.
*wiping the tears from my eyes* Well Doc thank you for the company. I best get back up on the bridge before Wash wakes up and sees me slacking off.

*I stand and start to get the plates*

*Oram: I got it Captain. Thanks for breakfast.*

** She carrys the empty plates to the sink**




http://hometown.aol.com/colt9999/myhomepage/index.html

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 2:15 AM

COLT999


Quote:

Originally posted by LtShepard:
Wave to Colt.

Hey Cap'n it seems like weeks since I last saw the book,

*Lt chomps down good dogs*

You really should meet our cook, any way. Whats the sitrep there?



Want to join a Virtual Firefly?: http://www.fireflyfans.net/thread.asp?b=17&t=33359&m=600979#600979
Want a signature like mine? (CREDIT GOES TO BATTLESTAR ROLEPLAY) http://www.fireflyfans.net/thread.asp?b=2&t=33344
My site: http://www.freewebs.com/radar-geek/



We should set down on Greenleaf today. I'll wave you once we arrive. Looking forward to hearing your plan.



http://hometown.aol.com/colt9999/myhomepage/index.html

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 2:49 AM

ORAM



*After finishing up with cleaning the dishes and mugs, Oram tidies the area to make it ready for the next set of people who come to eat. Glancing around to make sure everything is neat, she changes the flowers water before heading to clean up the room and head for the showers. Entering her room, she sees how messy its become, but with a few moments it's back to a neater state. Oram grabs the bourbon from the side table and puts it back into the duffle bag, not even glancing at the photo, though her hand does touch it unconsciously*

Now… What to do on Greenleaf when we get there….



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 3:39 AM

MOBBEX


*is swiftly jerked out of sleep as the alarm clocks shrieks a new day in*

Ugh... Go'am't...

*grabs it and tosses it across the room*

*gets out of bed, craving for a cup of coffee*

*slips into a pair of pull-on trousers, then makes his way up the ladder and into the galley*

*mumbles something vaguely resembling a greeting*

*sees the pile of dishes stacked up next to the sink*

*lets out a low, menacing growl*


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 4:53 AM

SHINYBRIT


*walks down stairs with a woozy head*
I feel future headaches and soreness.
Ugh... *falls down on her butt* Owww...

*gets back up, but falls dizzily against the wall*
Ughhhhh...

Captaaain... *stumbles onto the bridge where Colt is talking to Wash* Captainnn...

I feel a wave of frivolty taking over the crew's arms and legs. We're going to... um... *feels woozy again* do somethin' with the drinks and... *gurgle*... Nevermind... *runs to a trash can and vomits*


-----------------------------------------------
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here." - Jayne Cobb (Firefly)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 5:20 AM

SEVENSKIES


Quote:

Originally posted by Mobbex:
*is swiftly jerked out of sleep as the alarm clocks shrieks a new day in*

Ugh... Go'am't...

*grabs it and tosses it across the room*

*gets out of bed, craving for a cup of coffee*

*slips into a pair of pull-on trousers, then makes his way up the ladder and into the galley*

*mumbles something vaguely resembling a greeting*

*sees the pile of dishes stacked up next to the sink*

*lets out a low, menacing growl*


*Walks into the galley and sees Mobbex doing dishes*
Err... want a cup of coffee?

*starts to brew the coffee on the coffee pot*
Captain put you on kitchen duty, eh? *chuckles*

Mobbex: *grumbles*

Hey, it ain't that bad. At least you're not on pisspot duty. *opens a cabinet and pulls out some plates* You hungry?

Mobbex: *grumbles again as he shoots a look at Sky that says "I ain't gonna do the gorram dishes again."*

Hey, hey, I'll do the dishes... I guess... Eh... *starts cooking food* Let's hope I still remember how to cook a decent meal.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 5:28 AM

LTSHEPARD


Yay you back!




Want to join a Virtual Firefly?: http://www.fireflyfans.net/thread.asp?b=17&t=33359&m=600979#600979
Want a signature like mine? (CREDIT GOES TO BATTLESTAR ROLEPLAY) http://www.fireflyfans.net/thread.asp?b=2&t=33344
My site: http://www.freewebs.com/radar-geek/

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 6:17 AM

MOBBEX


Quote:

Originally posted by SevenSkies:
*Walks into the galley and sees Mobbex doing dishes*
Err... want a cup of coffee?



*mutters* 'Already had one.

Quote:

Originally posted by SevenSkies:
*starts to brew the coffee on the coffee pot*

Captain put you on kitchen duty, eh? *chuckles*



*mutters* mrrblrmrblrmrblr...

Quote:

Originally posted by SevenSkies:Hey, it ain't that bad. At least you're not on pisspot duty. *opens a cabinet and pulls out some plates* You hungry?

Mobbex: *grumbles again as he shoots a look at Sky that says "I ain't gonna do the gorram dishes again."*

Hey, hey, I'll do the dishes... I guess... Eh... *starts cooking food* Let's hope I still remember how to cook a decent meal.



*shrugs* All righty then... *finishes mopping up the dishes and starts putting them away* So... I take in you and the cap'n go a way back, huh?


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 8:30 AM

ABBEYGIRL


*Comes by Oram's room and leans in.*

abbey: I think the Captain wants me to stop by for a final check after the whole allergy thing. Do you have time to check me out now?

Oram: Sure.

*Oram and abbey walk to the infirmary, where abbey hops up on bed. Oram checks out abbey's neck for swelling then gets out stethoscope.*

Oram: Deep breath. *abbey sucks in air - Oram hears wheeze* Again. *abbey sucks in air - Oram hears wheeze again* Abbey, your lungs still sound pretty bad. Wheezing all over the place.

abbey *whining*: How long is this going to last?

Oram: That's the thing about Panaflex. People who are allergic have lasting effects. Mostly in the lungs. Could be a week or more before the asthma-like symptoms go away.

abbey: A week? Or more?

Oram: How long did it take the last time?

abbey: It took a while, but I thought it was because of the cold I got right after.

Oram: Probably affected it some, but the drug does enough on its own.

abbey: It's going to be a while then? *Oram nods*

Oram: How's the inhaler working?

abbey: Seems OK.

Oram: How often are you using it?

abbey: Couple a times a day. Usually after going up stairs and the like. Or yelling at the Captain. *Oram smiles at that comment*

Oram: Fighting... With the Captain...

abbey: What? The man is insufferable.

Oram: Do you know what it looks like to me? *Oram gives a big grin and raises eyebrows.*

abbey: What? You think that... With him...?

Oram: Looks like.

abbey: Well put that out of your mind, mei mei. He's just not... I don't... Oh! Never mind!

*Abbey hops off table, leaves infirmary and starts up the stairs. Oram follows her to the door*

Oram *yelling*: And keep that inhaler with you! Without it, you'll have problems! Especially with all the yelling!

abbey *yelling back*: Whatever! *abbey stops and looks over railing at Oram* And Doc?

Oram *sweetly*: Yes?

abbey: You've got a smutty mind!

*abbey continues up stairs muttering to herself. Oram hears the inhaler puff when she reaches top. Oram chuckles, goes back into the infirmary and puts stuff away.*

Oram: Definitely. This is gonna be fun.



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 8:45 AM

ABBEYGIRL


OFF SUBJECT...

Notes from last night's chat are up on meeting thread.

http://www.fireflyfans.net/thread.asp?b=17&t=33327



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 10:05 AM

COLT999


**On the Bridge with Wash landing on Greenleaf.**

** Through re-entry and coming in to land at the port**

**Alarms wail and the ship shakes violently and starts to drift of course**

*Wash: Whoa, I just lost hydraulics to the starboard engine. Son of a Bitch. Can't keep us level.*

Can’t you compensate? *She gives me a go to hell look*

Ok Ok you’re doing that. Can you keep us from smashing into the ground?

*Wash: That I might be able to do. *She checks her screens and stands up, still fighting the controls, to glance out the window* There's a field. I think I can set us down there.

Do it

** The Book sets down not so gently, in the middle of nowhere on Greenleaf**

Good Job Wash. Lets go check out the damage.

*Wash starts to follow me out, then turns quickly to stand up all her dinos before leaving the bridge*

* Get to the cargo bay and Spots is coming back in from outside*

How bad?

*Spots: Hard to say yet. We're pouring hydraulic. Got to pull some panels to see where.*

* Later, Wash Spots and I all working under the starboard wing.*

*Spots: I need the big spanner.*
*I hand him one*
*Spots: No the big one. Might still be inside.*

I'll get it.

*I round the ship and see Brit piling wood up*

So were gathering sticks today?

*She nods: They were lonely all spread out.*

They were...forget it. Be careful, don’t need you getting snake bit or worse.

*I return with the "Big Spanner" and not long after the repair is complete.*

*As were tearing down the scaffold we hear a loud Whoosh sound. We all recognize it. Fire.
We head towards the sound only to see Brit's pile of wood burning. She holds up 3 pointed sticks with the charred gooey blobs on them.*

*Brit: Fluff Ball?






http://hometown.aol.com/colt9999/myhomepage/index.html

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 10:20 AM

SPOTS74


sure im gona get cleaned up fire + hydrolic fluid = a bad day
(walks of to the book)


NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 11:24 AM

ABBEYGIRL


*abbey walks down ramp and breathes the fresh air. She stretches out and lets the wind blow through her hair.*

Aahhhhh...

*gets a breath of firewood burning and starts coughing*

Gorram it. Allergies.

*takes puff from inhaler.*

Goes for a walk.



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 11:30 AM

MOBBEX


*sees Abbey walking away*

*runs to catch up with her*

Hey! You! Gamer... fancy... lady-thing... Abbey!

Y' might wanna think twice before venturing away from the boat all by yourself. Hill folks can be pretty nasty in these parts.


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 11:39 AM

ABBEYGIRL


abbey: Greenleaf? They have hill-folk here? I am sure you are exaggerating.

*pauses*

abbey: Well if you are in a mind to walk too, I wouldn't stop you from following me. *mobbex speeds up to catch up with her then matches her gait.*

Mobbex: Might as well... Got nothin to do...

Abbey: while we are out, let's discuss the fineries of honesty and not stealing from your shipmates, shall we?

*mobbex groans and keeps walking with her, knowing he is stuck hearing a lecture.*

Captain looks up to see them walking off. Notes the oddity of the pair.*

Colt: Huh!





NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 12:05 PM

MOBBEX


Quote:

Originally posted by abbeygirl:
abbey: Greenleaf? They have hill-folk here? I am sure you are exaggerating.



*shrugs* Well, it's still the Border, and I'd rather we be too careful than not enough.

Quote:

Originally posted by abbeygirl:
Well if you are in a mind to walk too, I wouldn't stop you from following me. *mobbex speeds up to catch up with her then matches her gait.*

Mobbex: Might as well... Got nothin to do...

While we are out, let's discuss the fineries of honesty and not stealing from your shipmates, shall we?



*makes a face* Can't we act like grown-ups and leave what's past in the... ehr... past?


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 2:48 PM

ORAM


*Sees the Captain watching Abbey and Mobbex walking away from the ship. He turns to look at her, a whole bunch of mixed emotions on his face. Oram just laughs.*

Colt: What?

Nothing…. Just…. You sure that nothing is happening?

*Colt just gives her a filthy look walks back into the ship. Oram simply shrugs and goes off to help Brit with the Fluff Balls*

Brit… I wanted to appologise for being he deng ge e mo e meng to you yesterday…



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 2:52 PM

SEVENSKIES


Quote:

Originally posted by Mobbex:
*shrugs* All righty then... *finishes mopping up the dishes and starts putting them away* So... I take in you and the cap'n go a way back, huh?



Uhh, yeah. *purposely avoids the subject* Here's your food... *leaves it on the table and takes her into her bunk. Later on, they land on Greenleaf and she heads outside when she starts to smell fire*

What the hell is going on out... here...???

*sees Brit roasting marshmellows(fluff balls) and gladly takes a stick and eats one; walks over to the Captain and the others and notices the damage*

Tzao gao... so how long are we gonna be stuck on this turf for, Cap-i-tan? Seems Brit started up a nice fire in case we're stuck here for a while, yes?

Colt: Yeah, I suppose so. Hey, can you make sure she don't make any trouble for us. Just... keep her over there and... don't let her stick her hands in the fire or anything like that. Got it?

Alright, alright. You know, Colt, you don't always have to talk to me like you're giving me orders... We're still old pals, you know...

*gives a look at Colt, but soon walks away noticing the look on his face and goes to make sure Brit doesnt do anything stupid*

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 3:00 PM

SHINYBRIT


Quote:

Originally posted by Oram:
*Brit… I wanted to appologise for being he deng ge e mo e meng to you yesterday…


Apologies are irrelevant here. I'm not very much exasperated by simple mood changes.

*hands Oram a stick with a fluff ball on it*
These are delicious.

-----------------------------------------------
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here." - Jayne Cobb (Firefly)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 3:12 PM

ORAM


I've never had one of these before...
*takes a bite and her eyes suddenly close in pleasure*
Oh..... wow....



NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 3:31 PM

SPOTS74


(Comes back out of the ship with out the cello but a smaller case)

Oram:Whats that???

Spots: its a fiddle. i don't just play the cello, that and a grew up partly on Hera i know some fiddle tunes.

Brit:Fufff Buall **speaking with a mouth full**

Spots;(sitting down near the fire) yes thank you
(taking it from Brit and taking a bite) wow this is good



NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 3:33 PM

COLT999


*Spot assures me were good to go when I'm ready. I stand at the edge of the cargo bay arms folded over my chest. I see Abbey and Mobbex slip out of site.*

Maybe that will put an end to all this relationship nonsense.

*I consider packing everyone back on the ship and heading to the port. Then the sound of laughter reaches my ears from the fire. The rest of the crew is gathered there. Spots and Oram are fighting for the best spot in the fire for their fluff ball. Even Invictus has lifted his self imposed exile and is stoking the flames. Brit's is managing to making Sky smile. This might be just what we needed.*

*Brit looks me straight in the eye and nods as soon as I think that.

Huh

* Now it's time to make peace with Sky. I approach slowly. She's freaky fast and more than once has reminded me, just how fast, with a slap to my head.*

*Sky: I ain't going hit you. Not yet anyway.

Good, I'd hate a replay of Doleson. Wouldn't do much for moral, watching us try to tear each others heads off.

*Sky: No no fighting, you seem to do enough of that with everyone else on this boat. Just don't forget, we go back further than these folks. *

I ain't forgetting. Hell I brought you here, to get you out from under Mallory's thumb.

Sky: I wasn't under his thumb. He supplied good jobs.

Only thing he was suppling you was a ticket to a box in a Fed prison, or maybe worse. Listen you are one of the best thief's I've ever seen, but the risk he had you taking. It was dangerous, he's dangerous.

*Sky: So you drag me out here. I've been in more tight spots since signing up here than I ever was with him.*

*Ouch* I just wanted a different life. Thought you might as well.

*Sky: This ain't that different Colt, and I don't think it ever will be. It's not the life Colt, its you. Look at these skittle brains you surround yourself with. I always thought you had a soft spot in your heart for certain types. Now I'm thinking the soft spot is between your ears. *

You might be right. But it was that same soft spot that I have for you. It's why I want you here. I can do this alone, you know that. Theres been years that we don't so much as wave each other. But I'd rather not. So what do you say?
*I offer up a completley burned fluff ball*

*Sky: Any chance you'll be paying me something more that burnt food in the future?*

I'll see what I can do. Wouldn't be a call for all this if you hadn't triggered that alarm.

*I throw my arm around her shoulder and we go sit by the fire *








http://hometown.aol.com/colt9999/myhomepage/index.html

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 3:40 PM

ORAM


Well, should I get my banjo or leave it up to you to entertain us?

*gives a grin*


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 3:50 PM

SPOTS74


Spots: that would be just fine
(takes the fiddle out of the case and begins to play)




NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 4:21 PM

ORAM


*pulls a beat up banjo out of her room and sits back at the fire, cracks her fingers, stums the stings... pauses ... then starts playing rapidly*


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 4:22 PM

DASHILE


OOC: Just wanted to say it's been nice meeting those of you I have met.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 4:41 PM

SHINYBRIT


*Brit hops up at the play of Oram's banjo. She skips around and twirls in circles, her bright yellow dress flowing along with her. She starts clapping and pulls Sky and the Captain from their seats and drags them to dance around with her*

Captain, your tension is a mite fierce! Too much can cause heavy neck and back pain. You'll go through a series of prodrome and then suffer the auras and sensory disturbances which can soon enough result in Hemicrania Continua!

*Just continues to dance despite her rambling. Starts to clap her hands and watches as Sky stands there. She takes Sky's hand and spins her around in a circle*

Sky: Captain, I told you, you picked up a nut.

*Brit just giggles and continues to dance around the fire*

Colt: *to sky* Well, I did pick you.

Sky: *shoots a look at Colt* Whatever you say. All I know is you triggered that alarm on Bellerophon.

*Brit stops directly on the last note that Oram plays and bows. Smiles at Oram.*
Music-an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color.

I like your banjo.

-----------------------------------------------
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here." - Jayne Cobb (Firefly)

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 4:59 PM

ORAM


Quote:

Originally posted by shinybrit:
*Brit stops directly on the last note that Oram plays and bows. Smiles at Oram.*
Music-an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color.

I like your banjo.




*Smiles back at Brit, as she understands what she means*

I can teach you to play if you want. It's not hard after a while.

BTW.. who is cooking and what are we having?


NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
New Cortex system rpg site
Tue, January 28, 2020 15:47 - 5 posts
PTSD and Mal. Really?
Mon, January 27, 2020 10:08 - 119 posts
*An image of a Man pops up on Your Screen*
Tue, February 6, 2018 21:45 - 4 posts
Bathgate Abbey
Sun, January 28, 2018 23:37 - 19 posts
What was the saddest part of firefly/serenity...
Sun, January 28, 2018 20:20 - 35 posts
Rotten at the Core: The Sins of the Parliament
Tue, October 10, 2017 13:16 - 3 posts
any volunteers for rp?
Sat, April 9, 2016 10:18 - 4 posts
Google Group Up for Margaret Weis's tabletop Firefly RPG
Sat, April 9, 2016 10:13 - 2 posts
Firefly Online...is it going to rise again?
Mon, February 15, 2016 11:44 - 3 posts
I want to do an RP
Mon, August 24, 2015 23:31 - 3 posts
firefly on nwn
Wed, July 8, 2015 17:24 - 5 posts
Ship Designs for you Game
Sun, September 14, 2014 19:25 - 2 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL