TALK STORY

Curse? What Curse?

POSTED BY: DELIA
UPDATED: Monday, November 8, 2004 05:36
SHORT URL:
VIEWED: 4520
PAGE 1 of 1

Wednesday, October 27, 2004 6:19 PM

DELIA


The Red Sox just won the World Series for the first time in EIGHTY SIX YEARS. I just have to take a moment and say,

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.



___________________________________________
Angel: People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do.
Hamilton: Yeah, but we won't care.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, October 27, 2004 6:38 PM

RIVERGIRL



WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

from me too

this seems surreal

Also, I can kill you with my brain.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, October 27, 2004 7:45 PM

KELLAINA


Adding a WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

But isn't the world supposed to end now or something ?

If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. -"Angel"

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, October 27, 2004 7:50 PM

SPACEFILLE


Can you guys please try not to have an Apocalypse? There are other people who live in this world to...

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, October 27, 2004 7:58 PM

PINGJING


Wooooo-hooooo! (A little quieter because people are trying to sleep now.)
By pure coincidence I happen to be in this city on the most momentous day in 86 years. What are the chances?

Does this mean tomorrow's a holiday?

Julia

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, October 27, 2004 8:04 PM

LISSA


HEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yay for living in boston right now:) now if only the people outside my window would shut up...lol!

holiday? YES PLEASE! NO CLASS PLEASE!!!!!!!!

~lissa, spwhore

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, October 27, 2004 8:18 PM

THEGREYJEDI


Well, if the Red Sox can do it, where the hell are my Braves at? They're consistently a better team, at least on average, but they haven't even been in the Series in many years. Always make it to the playoffs, never any farther. I want my Braves to win!

--------------------------------------------------
http://tomeofgrey.blogspot.com

http://www.jed-soft.com Gamer Rigs, Budget Prices

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Wednesday, October 27, 2004 9:02 PM

CAPNRAHN


AND Lo I opened the Series 9th Inning Seal and Beheld 9 figures swathed in white with ankles soaked in blood from their past conquests ...

Visages of all ere couched in shadows and and tinged with 3 score and six years of blood...

Their gnarled hands gripped weapons as I have never seen: Strange tapered batons of wood and spheres the size of apples...

Armor'd in white with small leather buklers on some, one other fully armor'd with a helmet of multiple steel mouths. An ancient one with a foul smelling insense gripped in his jaw did point past me at the triangular battlefield and growled but two words - "Play Ball!!!"

As ONE they stormed the field and LO - did decimate their opposition ... The Reign of the Bloody Sox had begun...

CONGRATS!!!!!

"Remember, there is only ONE absolute - There ARE NO absolutes!!!"

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, October 28, 2004 12:35 AM

CSSTROWBRIDGE


See, I thought they'd go up 3-0 only to lose it in game seven.

C.S.Strowbridge
News Editor / Movie Reviewer / Talentless Hack
http://members.shaw.ca/csstrowbridge/MainPage.htm

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, October 28, 2004 12:47 AM

GOJIRO


SSSSSSSSSSSWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

Way to go, BoSox!

gojiro

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, October 28, 2004 5:25 AM

DELIA


Quote:

Originally posted by CapnRahn:
AND Lo I opened the Series 9th Inning Seal and Beheld 9 figures swathed in white with ankles soaked in blood from their past conquests ...

Visages of all ere couched in shadows and and tinged with 3 score and six years of blood...

Their gnarled hands gripped weapons as I have never seen: Strange tapered batons of wood and spheres the size of apples...

Armor'd in white with small leather buklers on some, one other fully armor'd with a helmet of multiple steel mouths. An ancient one with a foul smelling insense gripped in his jaw did point past me at the triangular battlefield and growled but two words - "Play Ball!!!"

As ONE they stormed the field and LO - did decimate their opposition ... The Reign of the Bloody Sox had begun...

CONGRATS!!!!!

"Remember, there is only ONE absolute - There ARE NO absolutes!!!"




That was great. Thank you.

You know, I think we are due for an apocalypse now. Can someone confirm that Boston is still standing, and that there's not just a smoking crater on the Charles River?



___________________________________________
Angel: People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do.
Hamilton: Yeah, but we won't care.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, October 28, 2004 5:36 AM

RHYMEPHILE


YAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!! Now we can finally watch the new season of The Simpsons!!!!

Whoo hoo!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"My office! Burgled! Plundered! Purloined! Ha ha ha...loins."

-- Phil Sebben, Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, October 28, 2004 5:38 AM

EST120


Quote:

Originally posted by TheGreyJedi:
Well, if the Red Sox can do it, where the hell are my Braves at? They're consistently a better team, at least on average, but they haven't even been in the Series in many years. Always make it to the playoffs, never any farther. I want my Braves to win!



hey. at least your team has WON a series in your lifetime (i am assuming you are over 9 years old). my team has not won one in almost 60 years. :( at least i am not a cubs fan.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, October 28, 2004 6:52 AM

BARCLAY


It just seems kind of approriate that the Red Sox would win the series on a night the moon was blood red...

Enjoy the moment Sox fans, the Yankees will make sure it's another 86 years before the next one.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, October 28, 2004 6:55 AM

NAKEDANDARTICULATE


to quote ash from army of darkness-
"YYYEEEEAAAAHHHHH BBBAAAABBBYYY!!!!!!"

im not the biggest sports fan out there,so when i tell you i watched every game since game 4 against the yankees it goes to show you this is why there is magic in sports(and no unlike sportscenter who says the word magic every other night,for me the last time was the 1980 usa hockey team) this team never gave up.they proved to millions of people that hope is the strongest feeling we can hold onto.yeah yeah i know its just a game and if it was any other team i would be saying the same thing,but boston deserved---they earned this.86 years in the making. always the underdog yet always continuing to fight another day,well now it seems to have payed off.now if only mal and the crew can defeat blue sun....guess we just have to be patient on that one.to the team and the fans i salute you---keep flying.

"Hamsters is nice."

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, October 28, 2004 7:29 AM

DELIA


Quote:

Originally posted by Barclay:
It just seems kind of approriate that the Red Sox would win the series on a night the moon was blood red...

Enjoy the moment Sox fans, the Yankees will make sure it's another 86 years before the next one.



To paraphrase Cordelia, "Sour grapes much?"



___________________________________________
Angel: People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do.
Hamilton: Yeah, but we won't care.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, October 28, 2004 7:33 AM

GOJIRO


Quote:

Originally posted by RhymePhile:
YAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!! Now we can finally watch the new season of The Simpsons!!!!

Whoo hoo!



I'll second that! Although I still hate Fox for moving the Treehouse of Horror episodes for the last few seasons to AFTER Halloween. Who's flyin' that d*mn network? Monkeys?

-------
Are you a Southern Ohio Browncoat? If so, join our Yahoo group for news and events: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/firefly-ohio/

And if you're a Cincinnati Area Browncoat, join our meetup group at http://firefly.meetup.com/137/

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Thursday, October 28, 2004 11:39 AM

LISSA


YANKEES SUCK! YANKEES SUCK!

also...

BC SUCKS! BC SUCKS!

and yes, i can confirm that boston is still standing, as i live about a 5 minute walk from fenway. but dude, it was CRAZY last night! walking home down comm ave...now that was intense. also, the rioters from kenmore and fenway retreated down my street, lol!

~lissa, spwhore

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, November 8, 2004 12:06 AM

MANTICHORUS


Quote:

Originally posted by gojiro:
...I still hate Fox for moving the Treehouse of Horror episodes for the last few seasons to AFTER Halloween. Who's flyin' that d*mn network? Monkeys?

-------
Are you a Southern Ohio Browncoat? If so, join our Yahoo group for news and events: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/firefly-ohio/

And if you're a Cincinnati Area Browncoat, join our meetup group at http://firefly.meetup.com/137/



Why, yes. In Futurama season 1, Gunter the monkey graduated from business school, and started running the Fox network...
I can remember seeing that on the DVD for the first time (after finding firefly) and thinking: "Hmm. That explains a lot..."

--------------------------------------------------
"To do just the opposite is also a form of imitation." -Georg Christoph Lichtenberg, Aphorisms.
--------------------------------------------------
"Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us wordy evidence of the fact." -George Eliot, Impressions of Theophrastus Such.

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, November 8, 2004 12:49 AM

JUMPY


Quote:



I'll second that! Although I still hate Fox for moving the Treehouse of Horror episodes for the last few seasons to AFTER Halloween. Who's flyin' that d*mn network? Monkeys?



terrifying space monkeys

__________________________
There's no show I'd rather see, than the one with Serenity.
You can't take the sky from me...

NOTIFY: Y   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

Monday, November 8, 2004 5:36 AM

CYBERSNARK


Quote:

Originally posted by Delia:
You know, I think we are due for an apocalypse now.

In order:

The Red Sox won under a red moon.

Bush was re-elected.

Yasser Arafat falls deathly ill, potentially destabilizing Palestine. . .

-----
We applied the cortical electrodes but were unable to get a neural reaction from either patient.

NOTIFY: N   |  REPLY  |  REPLY WITH QUOTE  |  TOP  |  HOME  

YOUR OPTIONS

NEW POSTS TODAY

USERPOST DATE

OTHER TOPICS

DISCUSSIONS
Your favorite YouTube channels
Sat, June 27, 2020 13:39 - 55 posts
Betelgeuse on the verge of exploding?
Tue, June 16, 2020 12:02 - 20 posts
Why is almost everything literally being retconned ?
Fri, May 22, 2020 17:33 - 31 posts
Marvel CANCELS Comic Shops | Snowflake and SafeSpace Won't Save Retailers
Sun, March 29, 2020 10:11 - 4 posts
DC to Marvel - Hold my beer
Sat, March 28, 2020 13:21 - 3 posts
Jimmy found something. What ever could it be?
Tue, March 3, 2020 17:56 - 9 posts
Marvel comics continues the long march to destroying an industry. ( Get work, go broke )
Tue, January 21, 2020 17:29 - 3 posts
Die Hard: A Chrstmas Movie.
Mon, December 30, 2019 18:52 - 5 posts
The Century Mark
Wed, November 13, 2019 22:16 - 5 posts
What if you knew a BIG secret, that would rock our world. Could you keep it ?
Sun, November 10, 2019 18:59 - 3 posts
Intelligent life - out there.
Mon, November 4, 2019 18:34 - 5 posts
10 Years of DVDs
Mon, August 12, 2019 17:24 - 10 posts

FFF.NET SOCIAL